This is very useful for those who live in Washington and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (Washington Post, Washington State Magazine, NBC, CBS)
- City Map with top attractions
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in New York.
- Public Transport (WMATA, Amtrak, Subway)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate)
- Most useful Link
We not affiliated with the of the news providers shown within this application.
© 2013 FF labs. All trademarks and copyrights used here are the property of their respective entities.
All rights reserved.
Museums In Washington DC isnt a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. You get useful info like:
-choose by category
-choose by selecting museum from a map
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
Museums In Washington D.C. includes a special link listing all Smithsonian museums regardless of category (although they are included with their default category. For example, the Air & Space Museum is listed in both the Smithsonian and Science links). This is available from the list links or from the maps.
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
Features of Triposo’s guide to Washington D.C.:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section.
* An offline map of the city
About our guides
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
Download the Washington travel app on your mobile phones. Available in iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and other smartphones developed by Skyline Apps.(http://skylineapps.com/mobile/signup.php?id=washington#).
The features of the application includes:
- About Washington
- Explore Washington
- FAQ About Washington
- DC Travel Guide
- Synergy GPS Latitude
The Washington travel application is only one of the Travel Application available on Skyline Apps mobile platform. Synergy Network is a social network site that allows users to interact with each other as well as with Skyline Apps customer service team.
Interested in making your own mobile application? Skyline Apps Mobile App Maker allows users to quickly make your own mobile app without any IT skills. Making mobile apps has never been this easy and cheap. You can do it at home, office or even from your smartphone.* Publish your own mobile application and let your friends, families and customers download it immediately. It works on many iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, LG, Samsung, HTC and Palm*. Get started today and create, edit and manage your own application. Skyline Apps Mobile App Maker can be purchased from these fine retailers near you!
For more information, please visit http://skylineapps.com, or contact Skyline Apps at: ph: (213) 538-8903, email: email@example.com.
Tour one of the six geographic areas or learn more about Montgomery County’s Civil War history. Visit for a day or spend a weekend; we are sure you will keep coming back. Along with GPS directions, you will find information on local history, cultural activities, entertainment, and a list of dining establishments.
• The Agricultural Reserve will take you through the most beautiful area of the county with a distinct beauty during each of the four seasons. Follow established hiking, biking and water trails. Driving in the shadow of the Sugarloaf Mountain you will see historic weathered barns and lovely pastoral landscapes.
• Historic Brookeville/Sandy Spring Area is unique for its small-town yet modern atmosphere. The Sandy Spring Museum holds numerous events on a regular basis for visitors of all ages.
• The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park stretches along the western border of Montgomery County and offers recreational opportunities for hiking, biking, canoeing, bird watching and more.
• Gaithersburg/Rockville area offers diverse options for entertainment including history, art museum, theatre and fine dining.
• Poolesville is steeped in Civil War history and boasts a charming main street. Catch a movie night or musical event happening in town at the Whalen Commons Bandshell.
• Silver Spring is the urban side of Montgomery County. Here you will find a lively entertainment scene regardless of the time of day.
• The Civil War tour will take you to all those parts of Montgomery County that saw action during the 1860s war that almost tore our country apart.
With this app we will also keep you updated with special events that are happening at different sites in the heritage area so check back often.
Gogobot's Washington D.C. City Guide offers the best personalized guide to the capitol. With its impressive monuments and museums, its stately government buildings and mansions, Washington D.C. is easily recognizable as the United State's capital city. The city is mainly based on government and everything from museums to mansions bring millions of tourists each year. Washington D.C. is the second most visited city in the United States (after New York) and is among the top travel destinations in the world.
What users love about the Gogobot Washington D.C. Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE Washington D.C. to the fullest, with maps, reviews and photos.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, best guide for a Washington DC tourist. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel - perfect for a tourist, a traveler or a local!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
More from developer
1. Download the HitchDriver app
2. Request approval
3. Wait for approval
4. After approval, log in when you are on duty
5. Ride requests will come to you
PRAISE FOR Hitch!
★★★★★ An amazing service, its about time!” – Mike M.
★★★★★ “Thank you, I’m hooked.” – Jimmy Z.
★★★★★ “It was great to not worry about cash!” – Tony H.
Available in Washington, DC. Coming to other markets soon!