Enjoy the simplicity of ‘Creating’ and ‘Searching’ a journey to locate someone travelling in the same direction as you’re headed and get in touch! We want your journey to be as cost effective, convenient and enjoyable as possible so be sure to clarify any issues by messaging our members. Each journey shared is a step forward in cutting carbon emissions, so Hitch ‘a’ Hike wherever you can!
This is how it works:
1) Create a ride search or ride offer
2) flinc automatically finds suitable drivers and passengers
3) Request drivers or passengers with one click
4) After receiving confirmation, you share your ride
flinc finds suitable drivers and passengers and notifies you via e-mail, text message or push notification.
All flinc users have a verified e-mail address and phone number. You can see with one glance at the profile who you are sharing a ride with. Drivers and passengers can rate each other after the ride. Create your own trust network and get connected with flinc users that you know.
• Free of charge
The registration and usage of flinc is free of charge. Passengers pay drivers in cash.
• Find passengers en route
Automatically offer your ride at flinc via the NAVIGON navigation app. Passengers can request a ride with you en route. The navigation will automatically lead you to the pick-up location.
Tags: flinc | carpool | carpooling | rideshare | ridesharing | commute | commuting | social mobility network
As a customer you can send requests to several drivers within your vicinity and ask them to give you a ride from any place to any destination. You can store several addresses for places that you have to visit over and over again. The application tries to resolve your current position to an address which can be used
as a starting point for your journey. You can plan trips in the near future and check the availability of drivers with the map. Once you started a request you should not leave the application. After you log in again you will not receive any answers anymore to the old request, you have to start the request again.
As a driver you set up some data about you and your business. After that you just start to listen to incoming requests. You will be informed about incoming requests, if they are matching to your preferences. You can always fine-tune your preferences to get more/less offers, depending on the region where you act. The application offers to you a very convenient way of storing upcoming rides in a to do list. Out of this to do list, you can start directly your navigation to go to the pick up point for your next ride.
You can store your rides in your calendar. Your Calendar will remind you when it's time to get ready. All required details for the ride will be stored there, so it is recommended to do so.
HitchAHike will help to make the use of cars more efficient and help therefore to preserve the resources and to protect our environment. If more people with the same direction would share a ride e can achieve that goal. The app connects people who offers a ride and people who are looking for a ride directly.
So get out and hitch your hike!
As a driver you can:
- receive on incoming requests
- filter incoming requests with your preferences
- make an offer for an incoming request
- propose a pick up time
- store the conditions in your calendar and get reminded
- plan your trips with some navigation software
- contact your customers if needed
- keep an eye on all upcoming rides
As a passenger you can:
- save several addresses
- set the number of seats that are required
- ordering a car without knowing your address
- find a driver that gives you a ride
- select the best offer for you out of the incoming offers
- set the time when you want to be picked up (f.e. airport shuttle)
- store all relevant data in your calendar
- contact your driver
- check if drivers are available in the vicinity of you
HitchAHike is applicable for non commercial drivers, commercial drivers, taxi drivers, hitchhikers, people who are looking for a ride for free. It's a social car sharing app. It's a chat application by nature.
Feature graphic: "Old checker cab" by http://www.flickr.com/people/zombieite/ -
Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons modified by us (cropped).
1. Download the HitchDriver app
2. Request approval
3. Wait for approval
4. After approval, log in when you are on duty
5. Ride requests will come to you
PRAISE FOR Hitch!
★★★★★ An amazing service, its about time!” – Mike M.
★★★★★ “Thank you, I’m hooked.” – Jimmy Z.
★★★★★ “It was great to not worry about cash!” – Tony H.
Available in Washington, DC. Coming to other markets soon!