Note : since Google service ends (July 1rst), Pure news widget will sync with Feedly service.
This is a scrollable widget which REQUIRE Android 3.x/4.x device or ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, LiveHome, Go Launcher Ex. If you don't use a Launcher supporting scrollable widgets, it won't work.
- Use phone credentials to login to Google Reader. No password (for Android > 2.0).
- Connected to Google reader to retrieve your prefered news, or get your feeds from your own RSS feed list in text format (OPML)
- Scrollable widget with most alternative launchers like ADW, LiveHome, Go Launcher, LauncherPro or Android 3.x/4.x
- Click on a news title to open the full story in the browser or in internal viewer (works in offline mode too !)
- Show news thumbnails
- Multiples skins (including fully transparent) and widgets sizes to make a fancy widget
- Lot of options to customize rendering
- Can use Google Mobilizer to reduce used bandwidth when reading full article
- Support Google Reader mark as read
- Optional local cache of articles
- Can restrict sync to Wifi connection
- Support multi-widget with as many feeds as you want
- Support Android up to 4.4 (ICS / KitKAt ...)
A problem ? Please, mail me for support.
+++ scrollable widget, news widget, RSS widget, widgets, xoom, honeycomb +++
Highly customizable, can operate offline and requires minimum amount of privileges.
★ Highlights ★
✔ 4 attractive customizable widgets (include 2 scrollable widgets and 2 widgets for lock screen)
✔ 4 different styles for each widget and application UI
✔ 10 levels of opacity for widgets
✔ Can operate offline (all news from all sources can be loaded for later reading, news from any source is supported not just from predefined sources)
✔ Search and subscribe on any feed in Google News
✔ Custom RSS/ATOM-feeds
✔ Weather forecast for many cities at one page (configurable)
✔ News for all countries
✔ You can read any news in text version
This app uses Google News RSS as main news source.
Choose from 50+ sources (BBC, CNN, Gizmodo, Google News, Engadget, Androinica, ...) or just pick any other feed.
Almost 0% battery usage. 3 widget sizes. Super simple config. Works offline. Share.
Open as an application too!
v4.1: Manual feeds are saved
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
* Manage your favorite RSS feeds
* Add a feed from an URL or import feeds from Google Reader
* Get your favorite podcasts
It supports Atom feeds.
+ EasyRSS Widget
The widget is refreshed every hour.
The supported languages are english and french. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions or if you're interested in adding a translation, please email me.
- select RSS feed source for a new widget
- choose refresh delay
- feel free to add new RSS feeds and remove unused ones
Application contains "RSS feeds manager" Activity. Use it to manage your RSS feed sources - to remove and add new sources by using web browser "share" feature or select "RSS feed manager" when opening RSS feed via web browser.
Initial RSS feeds:
Please write if you have any comments or requests.
Stay informed without navigating away from the home screen.
Cool 2x4 design with several skins and all the tools you need: feeds and update settings – refresh time, number of articles.
Use of up, down arrows (no scrolling).
Recommendations, feedback are welcome!
warning - may not read ill-formed rss feeds
All you do is enter the web page address and click go, yes it is really that easy to use.
You don’t need to know the entire RSS or news feed just enter the site URL and RSS news professional will find all the news connected to the site!
• No ads or banner advertisements.
• Gets news and RSS from anywhere and site.
• Have as many sites as you want.
• Perfect user experience is easy to use.
• Application and widget in one application.
Thank you for looking and thank you for your support. If you have any questions please email us and we will help you right away, thank you very much for your time.
NewsAce is a Multimedia News Reader that allows you to subscribe to and check up on all kinds of news formats including video, podcast, and radio all in one place.
** Benefits over NewsAce Free version**
1. No ads
2. You can set more than 12 news subscriptions on the front Newsstand (The free version is limited to 12 subscriptions per section)
3. NewsAce Widget: view your article feeds as a widget
4. You can set an 'Auto Download Schedule' for the feeds which you most frequently visit
5. You can send images in article view via 'Share Images'
• Beautiful Newsstand UI: Beautiful and intuitive newsstand UI makes it easy for you to select news channels.
• The latest update allows you to annotate articles. Now you can highlight important passages or doodle on an image and share it! (For owners of Samsung devices running Android 4.0+)
• One stop news reader: You can check all types of news feeds in one place, NewsAce.
o RSS News: All your news content displayed in one place
o Video News: Directly play videos embedded in your news page
o Podcast News: Radio and podcasts can be played within NewsAce
• News feed recommendation: 400+ renowned News channels are categorized and provided in the recommended section.
• News feed search : Any news can be searched and subscribed to in NewsAce (powered by Google reader)
• Gestures based Navigation: By swiping left or right, you can easily switch from NewsAce’s recommended news to your Google Reader selections and vice versa.
• Integration with Google Reader: Customize your news selection by dragging and dropping your RSS feeds from the console
• Additional Features: View it later(offline sync), Share, Starred features
• (Samsung Galaxy Note II feature) By hovering on news thumbnail, you can see auto scrolled news preview.
400+ recommended news channels including CNN, Movieclips (movie trailers), The New York Times, ESPN, Engadget, Boingboing, The Big Picture, 5min, Best Radio Podcast, College Humor, YouTube and Twitter.
Keywords : News feeds, Podcast, Radio, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note, Note 2, S-pen, S pen, google reader, gReader, News, RSS, Youtube, Podcast, Radio, Player, News discovery, newsstand, subscribe, pulse, sports, video, vimeo, Free, breaking news,
Choose from over 150 RSS news feeds from around the world on every topic you could imagine, from news headlines, to technology, to showbiz gossip, to business and sports news. Every subject you could want — check it out!
Completely customisable feeds
Multiple feeds (up to four) displayed as tabs on your Home Screen
Works on all Android devices with multi res technology, whether you have a Smartphone or Tablet - the Widget fits perfectly to your screen!
Full multi-touch scrolling of news feeds
Completely customisable size and shape — the news widget can take up as much or as little of your Home Screen as you like, you choose!
**BRAND NEW IN THIS VERSION** Now the *Multi News Widget* works directly on your Lock Screen as well as your Home Screen, browse the latest news of your choice without even unlocking your device
Source code is still available on code.google.com under a GPL license so anyone is allowed to fork it, granted the GPL license terms are respected.
Full history available at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848454
- If you come from 1.x, you must uninstall 1.x before installing 2.x
The widget is highly customizable. Please take the time to go through all the avaiable options.
- Homescreen app widget
- Natively scrollable
- Natively resizable
- Appearance customization
- List or grid disposition
- Five item layouts to choose from
- OMPL Import/export to SD
- Multiple widget instances
- Multiple feeds per widget
- Feed color discriminant
- Thumbnail support
- Feed lookup (browsing the target)
- Feed search (using googleapis)
- Share stories
- Save favorites (~bookmarks)
Limitation (HoneyComb only):
- Widget title cannot be hidden on HoneyComb (feature explicitely deactivated)
Gingerbread users: please use version 18.104.22.168 available from google code (22.214.171.124 still requires an alternative launcher such as Go Launcher or ADW Ex).
This widget has been tested against Motorola Defy running CM9 and CM10 (Android 4.0.4/4.1.x) and Asus TF101 running Prime 2.1.1 (Android 3.2) and CM10 (4.1.x) with the following launchers:
- Apex Launcher
- Nova Launcher
- Go Launcher
- Stock launcher
- ADW Ex
It has also been reported to work correctly (i.e. as expected) against a variety of other device/rom/launcher combinations.
Highy Configurable Google Reader / RSS / ATOM - News Reader App Widget for your homescreen
Please manually refresh widgets that stay empty after update for instant results - or try the new features
If something doesn't work, please report over www.atomarss.de und don't give bad ratings - I can give no direct feedback or advice. Thanks.
** Make sure you have enabled scrollable widgets in your Launcher - or use Android > 3.0 **
* Honeycomb Compatibility
* Ice Cream Sandwich Compatibility
* Google reader by OAuth (doesn't asks for passwort, uses phone credentials)
** restrict Google Reader feeds to selected folders
* still supports Google Reader by username and passwort
* Google News Search
* Supports displaying stocks with different modes (portfolio mode!)
* Supports Feedzilla category browsing and subscription
* Highly configurable outfit
** Resizable widgets (1x1 is there for arbitrary sized widgets in Android >= 3.0)
** Offers a space efficent pure layout (invisible buttons, not header, no footer)
** Offers different widget-background
** Offers different news-entrylayouts (different imagepositions, different entry-backgrounds)
** Change text-sizes, text-colors
** Change how feeds colors are shown (also transparent is supported)
* Backup ands restore your widget-configurations
* supports multiple widgets
* Sharing of news over Android sharing features
* Jump to your system browser from within browser
* Switch through all news within browser
* Categorize feeds
** Offers fast switching between categories in extended widget (shows up to 5 categories to switch to)
* Mark news as read (also synchronizes back to Google Reader)
* Show only unread news
** no guaranty is taken for correctness or completeness of shown information
** please commit bugs and problems
** Advice: not every feed offers images. If you think the feed contains images, that are not shown, please tell me the feed-url, so I can fix it.
** Advice 2: if no news are shown, probably the used launchers doesn't support scrollable widgets. Please try LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, Zeamlauncher or such, activate scrollable support und try again. Thanks! - In Android >3.0 the original launcher should work.
** Security: it's a feature that your passwort isn't backed up for Google Reader (username/password)-Feeds! - It's recommended to use the new Google Reader authentification anyway
::: scrollable news widget, scrollable widget, news widget, Google Reader widget, Google News widget, RSS widget, ATOM widget, stocks widget, Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, ICS :::
- automated feed updates
- simplified URL entering
- widget (n/a on apps2sd by android restrictions)
- adjustable notifications
- NO ads
- NO search for feeds
- OPML support
- proxy support
- feed sort
- automated backups to sd card (unencrypted)
Non working feeds and bugreports via email please.
More from developer
- load arrival time for SBS and SMRT buses
- show nearby bus stops
- show bus routes
- show bus stops in map
- search buses, roads, bus stops and bus stop no
- bookmark buses and bus stops
The app is FREE & supported by advertisements.
For bugs report,
- Free with Advertisement
- Insert feeds or choose feeds from major sites (BBC, ESPN, CBC, Fox, Yahoo, Engadget, Techcrunch, Neatorama)
- 16 themes
- 3 widget sizes
- Use multiple widgets simultaneously
Updates automatically every 6hrs. Tap refresh to update manually
1) Only works for firmware 1.5 and above
2) May not work with HOME replacement app
This application shows the latest post from codeandroid.org website.
CodeAndroid is the Android User group of Singapore and beyond. Our purpose is to build the Android community around us and help users and developers alike to make the platform even better.
THIS IS JUST A DEMO.
This application is a demo for my open source project, ScrollableTabHost. I designed it such that it can replace TabHost easily. Feel free to integrate it to your application.
Source code is available in the link below.
feel free to drop me a msg.