- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
more on http://greader.co
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Instapaper server for mobilizer seems to have an issue.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://greader.co/faq
* You want to suggest new features or report issues, use the Feedback button.
* Localization If you are interested in translating gReader to other languages, visit http://crowdin.net/project/greader/
* Beta: http://greader.co/beta
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Support developers
* Ad free version
* Better Widgets (Ticker)
* Downloading Podcasts
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Google Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading with full article content without internet connection.
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support (streaming)
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Search feature: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* Recommended items / sources
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
- Import feeds from google Reader
- Add/Modify/Remove single feed
- Organize feeds in categories
- Special Folders : Starred, Unread, Latest, Last24h
- Navigate news through categories or special folders
- Automatic update
- Search (search text in title or news body)
- Import/Export (backup/restore your data and configuration)
- View news on line or off line
- Widget (to use widgets please install the app to internal memory)
- Open news in Google mobilizer
- Share news (email, twitter, ... )
- Choose default viewer (on line, off line, google mobilizer)
- Text size and color
- Screen Orientation
- Show/Hide special folders
- Start and Stop update service
- Start update service on boot
- Show notification (sound, light)
- Reload interval for update service
- Enable/Disable automatic backup
- Enable/Disable nightly update
- Auto clean up old news
SEO: RSS, Feed, Google Reader
For more info, view on line tutorial.
For every question (bug, suggestion, ...) send me email (you can do that through about panel in preferences).
-Get a visual overview of all the latest tech news from your favorite topics
-Enjoy complete articles with photos and videos from trusted sources
Features all the best tech publications on the planet; including CNET, Engadget, TechCrunch, SlashGear, Stuff, T3, Pocket Lint, Tech Radar, The Verge, Android Headlines and many more.
Get all the news on Android, Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Samsung, HTC, smartphones, tablets, gadgets, Windows, start-ups, science, video games, internet and much more.
The beautifully designed, free, TechCrunch app brings you all the news from TechCrunch’s award-winning website and is fully integrated with CrunchBase—the industry leading startups, entrepreneurs and investors database. Meanwhile, the TechCrunch Trending list and TechTweets will quickly show you the stories and social updates currently keeping the tech world chatting.
• Free access to all content from the TechCrunch website
• See what’s currently hot in tech with the Trending list
• TechTweets shows the latest tech news hitting social media
• Comprehensive integration with CrunchBase
• Custom designed interfaces for your tablet and mobile phone
TechCrunch has been obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new internet products and breaking the latest tech news since 2005. The Webby Award-winning site is a leading source for 12 million techies and VCs each month, while the company also hosts major industry conferences and events, including TechCrunch Disrupt and The Crunchies—an awards ceremony honoring the year’s best startups and innovators.
MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE. We cache information on your USB storage. This permission is required so we can write this information.
FIND ACCOUNTS ON THE DEVICE/READ GOOGLE SERVICE CONFIGURATION We need this permission for the new version of Google Maps and to allow you to share articles with your Google+ circles.
FULL NETWORK ACCESS/VIEW CONNECTIONS/VIEW WI-FI CONNECTIONS We download information from the TechCrunch website. Also, you can set the app to automatically download articles when you are connected via Wi-Fi. To do that, we need to know when you are connected and when you are not.
PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING Prevent Phone from Sleeping. We ask for this permission so the phone stays awake while playing videos.
TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE We ask for this permission for the new version of Google Maps.
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer
- Themes: light, dark and night
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Q:How to see one feed only, not whole category?
A:Click arrow icon, it will show all feeds.
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
- Read Tech News and Articles*
- Ability to read News and articles offline
- Highlighted unread News & articles
- Customizable theme as your preference
- Customizable Sync settings or manual pull-to- refresh
- Customizable settings of loading image, News & articles
- Customizable cleanup settings
- Swipe to navigate next or previous News & articles
- Smooth user experience and ease of use
- News sources: TechCrunch, Mashable, TheVerge.. etc.
You are free to choose what to read. Only thing you need to do is Download Tech Talk 2.0 and get started today — it’s free!
- List and grid views
- Swipe to read next article
- Add widget for news source
- Download articles and images or prevent them
- Offline reading
- Star and share news
- Control update interval
- Download using wireless only
- Search articles
- Backup and restore news feeds
- Control feed font and image size
- Change theme and font colours
- Show/hide toolbar buttons
- Notifications for new updates
- Auto update or manual update
- Ars Technica
Tags: Technology , Tech , world , android , mobile , feeds , US , UK , America , Europe , Asia , Africa , Australia , Share , Facebook , Twitter , Latest , Entertainment , Gizmodo , Ars Technica , TechCrunch , Engadget , Slashgear , Lifehacker
If you want combine all those and more, inoTechNews is the must app for you.
inoTechNews allows you to read news from top tech sites in one place.
★★★ Features ★★★
★ 60+ sources in 1. Featured sites:
All Things Digital
Boy Genius Report
+ For your liking, the featured list is customizable.
★ Search: allows you to download/search news from multiple sites.
+ You can even change what sites to include in search list.
★ Save & Share: how often did you see a news article and couldn't find it again to show to friends? Or you simply want to save the news for later reading before getting on airplane.
+ You can save and share via SMS, email, social networks (Facebook, Twitter...)
+ Multiple save supported
★ Easy to use:
+ Design for reading headlines with preview image.
+ Preview allows you to preview instantly without visiting the source website.
+ Swipeable views for both preview/full view.
+ Context & option menus throughout: allows users to switch full-view/preview, save, delete, and share.
+ Simple & effective design consideration/advantage:
Most people simply browse through news headlines. We put special emphasis on this news reading habit by providing 3 line headline, which covers most headlines.
Unlike other apps, we don't overlay headline on image because:
- It doesn't provide enough space for text causing headline cutoff. This is not desirable for news app.
- Headline on top of image is actual distracting the headline.
For those who love news related to tech, mobile, phone, gadget, electronic, science, silicon valley, android news, innovation, software, cool stuffs ...
Features the tech News from your favorite websites all in ONE app from the likes of Mashable, Digg, Techcrunch, Wired, Slashdot,
PC World, Engadget, Geek, Gizmodo, Information Week, Lifehacker, Techmeme, Tom's Hardware, MobileCrunch and more
[Download the Tech news App now! While its still free]
✪ Set Favourites. This feature allows you to organize
your tech news listings by favourites.
✪ Add tech site to the app
✪ Delete website from your list
✪ Adjustable font size
✪ Autofavorites: News read more often will go up on your
✪ Open with standard internet browser
✪ Sort by "A-Z" and "Frequently Read"
✪ One Finger access to the following sites:
★ Arts Technica
★ Computer World
★ Information Week
★ Maximum PC
★ PC Magazine
★ PC World
★ TUAW-Apple Weblog
★ The Register
★ Tom's Hardware
[Download the Tech news App now! While its still free]
* All the best tech news channels, including Mashable, Techcrunch, Engadget, G4, TechRadar, BeetTV and more!
* Watch streaming tech news videos with no lag or latency!
* Swipe to start new videos, instantly!
* Wallow in great videos endlessly!
Tired of the dreaded spinning wheel of "waiting to download"? Then get Endless Tech.
More from developer
- load arrival time for SBS and SMRT buses
- show nearby bus stops
- show bus routes
- show bus stops in map
- search buses, roads, bus stops and bus stop no
- bookmark buses and bus stops
The app is FREE & supported by advertisements.
For bugs report,
- Free with Advertisement
- Insert feeds or choose feeds from major sites (BBC, ESPN, CBC, Fox, Yahoo, Engadget, Techcrunch, Neatorama)
- 16 themes
- 3 widget sizes
- Use multiple widgets simultaneously
Updates automatically every 6hrs. Tap refresh to update manually
1) Only works for firmware 1.5 and above
2) May not work with HOME replacement app
This application shows the latest post from codeandroid.org website.
CodeAndroid is the Android User group of Singapore and beyond. Our purpose is to build the Android community around us and help users and developers alike to make the platform even better.
THIS IS JUST A DEMO.
This application is a demo for my open source project, ScrollableTabHost. I designed it such that it can replace TabHost easily. Feel free to integrate it to your application.
Source code is available in the link below.
feel free to drop me a msg.