HEXAMOB has made a drivers compilation of many manufacturers with devices that are using the Android Operating System. There may be some cases where packages can be used for your specific device but there are others cases where you need to install a specific driver for your smartphone or tablet.
Top 10 Android Tools Apps in February 2015 (playboard.me)
The app was made for CM9 users on the Samsung Galaxy S. It is reported to work on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note as well.
It does NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and most likely it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also. All devices tat came shipped with Android 3.x and above will not be able to run on mass storage, unfotunately I can only block lower api's, not higher api's on the play store.
The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root (superuser) access, and a recent version of busybox installed!
The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)
If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:
- S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
- QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)
You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
- Hummingbird / Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
- Snapdragon / HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/
Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
More info about this application at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468531
I made this tool for practice purpose and my own use.
※This tool is not usb driver.Please install usb driver if you can't connect device and pc.Usually you can download it from device vendor's site.
I got inquiry,so add notes.
At first, I try to make this tool as widget which can toggle USB Debug settings directly if you touch it.But I don't adapt it because it's not recommended way from Android 1.5. So I choose normal Activity which just finishes after calling Settings UI.
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
This app is only tested in Samsung Note 3(SM-N900 Kitkat). In other phones, use this app with your own risk.
!!! REQUIRES ROOT !!!
Various Nexus and "stock Android" devices do not automatically "mount" mass storage devices (such as USB sticks). StickMount has been made to solve this problem, and give you access to the files on your USB connected storage from all your apps.
StickMount is known to work on many devices, but is built *only* with *Nexus* devices in mind.
Once StickMount is installed and you connect a USB stick with a "USB host / OTG cable", the device will show you a popup if you want to open StickMount. It is advised to tell the device that you want to do this by default.
If you have just installed StickMount and you already had a USB stick connected, you must manually launch the program, or disconnect/reconnect the USB stick for StickMount to start working.
Mass storage devices are mounted to "/sdcard/usbStorage/xxxx/".
----- (Pro) Kill apps preventing unmount -----
Sometimes an app has a file in use located on the USB device, and won't let go of it. This can prevent StickMount from unmounting the USB device. It will seem like the device stays connected (this is harmless). StickMount Pro provides an option that attempts to kill (terminate) all the apps that are preventing the unmount from succeeding.
----- (Pro) Media scan -----
StickMount Pro supports triggering the media scanner on each (un)mount action. This will automatically make the files on your USB device available in apps like Gallery and Music. Please note that the media scanner is not a visible process on all Android devices - it might actually work silently in the background without any visual cues. It may take a minute for your files to show up, so don't panic if they don't show immediately.
Even if you have this option enabled, you can prevent folders from being scanned by placing an empty file called ".nomedia" in that folder. If you put it in the root of the USB device, the entire device will not be scanned.
----- (Pro) Mount as partition label -----
Instead of using the block device name for the partition, use the partition label as mount name, falling back to uuid or block device name if the label is unavailable.
----- (Pro) Create symbolic links -----
Create symbolic links in /mnt and /storage to the actual mounts in /sdcard/usbStorage/
----- Filesystem support -----
The filesystems supported depends on your device firmware. On most devices, at least vfat/fat/fat32 and ext2/3/4 are supported. On the latest Android versions, ntfs is also supported in read-only mode. Some devices also support exfat out the box, but most do not.
StickMount can utilize the "ntfs-3g" and "mount.exfat-fuse" binaries to add support for ntfs (untested) and exfat, but these are not included. If you place the "ntfs-3g" or "mount.exfat-fuse" files in the root of your internal storage ( /sdcard ), StickMount will automatically use them.
You can find the needed files here:
----- Troubleshooting -----
For some users, the app appears not to work, while in fact it is the device itself or the cable not working. One OTG cable is not the other OTG cable. If you have a USB stick with a light on it, it should light up when you connect it to the Galaxy Nexus using your OTG cable. If it does not, either your cable or your Nexus is faulty. 99 out of 100 times it is going to be your cable. That the cable works fine with another device does not mean anything! Cables known to work on a one devices may not work on another device.
SD card unmounting: If your SD card unmounts when unmounting a USB device, you have a bug in your kernel. This is *not* a bug in StickMount !
For Wiki or Q/A, please reference this page:
If you have any issue for the app, please leave a message on this page:
Smart Connect also helps you set up and manage smart accessories such as SmartWatch, SmartTags, and app-enabled Bluetooth® headsets from Sony. When you connect your smart accessory, Smart Connect identifies it and downloads any required app for that specific device. It will also find any app extensions available for that accessory.
Previously connected devices are listed within Smart Connect to give you easy access to information and device options.
Smart Connect replaces LiveWare™ manager from Android 4.0
NEW! With Paragon USB plugin you can enjoy full lightning-fast READ and WRITE access to any portable NTFS-formatted USB-attachable disk or stick via Total Commander right on the go!
NO ROOT access needed.
How it works?!
Download and install Total Commander for Android, install Paragon USB plugin and easily access any data on NTFS-formatted disks or sticks.
* Early beta version
* Non-root (ROOT rights are NOT needed)
* Total Commander is required
Beta version limitations:
- Support for NTFS only
- English UI only
Because this is an early beta version, your feedback is very important to us. Please email us directly if you have any problems or requests. In case of errors please use the "Send debug info" option. Many thanks for cooperation and evaluating our software!
Support and feedback at email@example.com
About Total Commander
Total Commander app is an Android version of the popular desktop file manager. It is available for download at: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
About Paragon Software
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software Group provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
Any problem to download ? http://goo.gl/KCDyL
ROOT ACCESS NEEDED AND MANDATORY TO GET ALL OPTIONS ACTIVATE.
You go to your sdcard in your phone and PC simultaneously.
The changes are visible immediately.
Don't use Android mount
This application is a widget, but not only :)
DISABLE AUTO-MOUNT FROM ALL APP (ex: WinAmp)
• Auto mount on USB connection (Full version)
• Choose what sd-card is mounted (for mobile with 2 sd-card)
• Hide notification after a delay (Full version)
• Vibrate on un/mount
• Option to mount without check if usb cable is present (Full version)
• Dis/enable Mediascan
English, French, Russian (Vladimir), Italian (Luca T.), Danish (Rasmus B.), German (Flo.), Polish (Kamil S.), Chinese (Jen J.), Turkish (Yaşar M.), Korean (MoonHee C.) you want your language ? Send me an email
• Add root privileges in manifest
• Remove bad messages
ROOT ACCESS NEEDED
Contact me for any problems
FREE trial version.
The trial version is full functional, but it has a time limit until December 31st, 2014.
Works with the meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader (see http://www.meenova.com) and SanDisk 64GB microSDXC card out-of-the-box (no reformatting necessary) without ROOT!
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
Reading from and writing to an attached USB-Stick is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted sticks can be read and written.
NTFS formatted Sticks can be read.
If you have tested the plugin you can buy the full version or update to the next trial release.
Please report problems to the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
or via developer mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store:
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone. This is ideal for trying Linux distributions or always having a rescue-system on the go... without the need to burn different CDs or USB pendrives.
DriveDroid also includes a convenient download menu where you can download USB-images of a number of operating systems from your phone (like Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Arch Linux). Around 35 different systems are available at this moment.
You can also create blank USB-images which allows you to have a blank USB-drive. From your PC you can store files onto the USB-drive, but also use tools on your PC to write images to the drive.
• This application uses features of the kernel that may or may not be available/stable on your phone. Tests have shown most phones work without problems, but please keep in mind yours might not (yet) work out-of-the-box.
• Most kernels support emulating USB drives, some support emulating CD-rom drives and kernels with the right patches support both.
• Most Linux-related ISOs can be booted from USB drives, but some ISOs can only be booted from CD-rom drives or require some kind of conversion.
• No ads.
• Resizing of images.
• Add your own download repositories. Nice for companies or groups that want to share custom or licensed images.
More info: http://softwarebakery.com/projects/drivedroid
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners - using wireless device-to-device transfer
• iOS™ owners - use the option that’s best for you:
o Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy
o Import from iCloud™
o PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™
What can be transferred?
Contacts(Device content only), calendar(Device content only), text messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers (Android only)
Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
What is needed to transfer?
• Android transfer:
o Between Galaxy devices with Android 4.0 or higher (Wi-Fi Direct)
o From Android device to Galaxy device with Android 4.0 or higher (Mobile AP)
• iOS transfer:
o Wired transfer: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), USB On-the-Go (OTG) cable (What is a USB OTG cable?
o iCloud transfer: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
o iTunes transfer: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
Note: For more information, and step by step directions go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
What devices are supported?
Galaxy: Recent All Galaxy Mobile/Tablet Device (From Galaxy S2)
Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
• HTC®: One X, X+, S, SV, V, Butterfly, Desire X, 500, EVO 4G
• LG®: Optimus G, L9, 4X HD, L5, L7, Nexus 4 E960, G2, G3
• Sony®: XPERIA Z, Z1, TL, V, ZR, Acro HD, Go, E dual, E
• Huawei™: C8813, T8951, ASCEND G52
• Lenovo ™: A798T, A789, S720
• Motorola®: DROID RAZR, RAZR Mini, RAZR Maxx, ATRIX III
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
echo DEVICE-POINT > LUN-FILE
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb
echo "" > LUN-FILE
works for your device.
* requires root privileges
* does'nt require BusyBox
1. when installing the widget on the homescreen confirm superuser rights
2. widget trys to find the LUN-file and the USB-device node
3. configure LUN-file and device-node
4. press backbutton
5. widget should show the current mode (USB or MTP)
6. tapping the widget should change the current mode
7. connect with USB-cable and enjoy ( hopefully )
8. disconnect USB-cable
9. switch back to MTP (otherwise, some apps may not work)
As USB-drive only mounts the external SD-card. With MTP are internal and external memory available.
If you got trouble read this thread. A lot to read but interesting.
Samsung S4 GT-I 9505, 4.4.2. Kitkat Touchwiz
to complete the P O S I T I V E - list please review or email with:
+ phone type
+ Android version
+ lun file path
+ device node
Thanks to Mohammad Abu-Garbeyyeh for the app
and Senior XDA Member MetaIIica for his helpful posts.
With File Beam, you can!
You only need Android 4.1 installed on both devices (Jelly Bean), and that both devices have NFC.
File Beam uses Android's built in Android Beam™, so the receiver doesn't need to have any app installed, it should even work with other phones running other OSs (works with some Nokia phones with NFC hardware).
(Please note, files are sent over Bluetooth, NFC is just used to do the initial pairing)
This application has no icon! Use it by tapping the share button in any of your favourite apps (OI File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager recommended for sending arbitrary files)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
- Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-i9300)
- Nexus 7 (grouper)
- Nokia N9 (RM-696) (Only as a receiver)
- Internet: ads, they can be disabled in settings.
- Read contacts: sending contacts using the app causes a crash without this, rest assured, the app doesn't read contacts unless you share a contact using the app.
* Support sending multiple files at once, receiver will put all files in one folder.
* Due to the above, support sending Titanium Backup files (only easy import for now!)
* UI can be set to dialog mode in settings, this means the app you shared from will stay visible.
* Ads can be disabled for free in settings.
* Bug fixes.
* Initial release
* Android seems to be refusing to send some file types (such as .tar.gz archives), looking into this.
Wear Phone is the missing piece in handling phone calls on your Android Wear smart watch. Without this application, you could only answer or ignore incoming calls (as well as reply with canned replies). With this application, you get the following features:
* End ongoing calls.
* Enable/disable speakerphone.
* Enable/disable microphone.
* Start outgoing calls from your recents, favourites, your full contact list, or a keypad!
We believe that input on a smart watch needs to be different when it's not by voice, so the keypad is a new experiment we hope you enjoy.
This has only been tested on a Moto 360, please report any issues you find with square faces or the different DPI of the G Watch R before leaving a negative review.
If the app does not work properly on square watches or the G Watch R, please contact the developer for support. If the issue is not fixed, we will happily refund your purchase.
Check compatibility below
Adjustable Torch is an application that allows you to use the flashlight of your device as a torch, at different brightness levels.
Tested and/or reported compatible with:
* Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, GT-I9505, SGH-l337, SCH-I545)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100, SGH-I317)
* Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)
The app will check compatibility when it starts, if it's not compatible it will give you an option to uninstall it. Please do not give low ratings if your device is incompatible, it's out of my hands.
Internet: ads, these can be disabled with the Action Menu.
Boot complete: resets the saved value of the flashlight brightness as this can't be read from the system.
Superuser: write to sysfs file /sys/class/camera/flash/rear_flash
* Added notification actions.
* Moved notification handling to Service, which is faster.
* Added uses-feature android.hardware.camera.flash to reduce Play Store supported devices.
Unlock key for "Dot View Mods for HTC One (M8)". Requires module from Xposed Repository!
Dot View Mods is a collection of modifications for the HTC One (M8)'s Dot View cover.
* Control your music playback and see what's playing right from the Dot View cover.
* Add gestures to the case and customise them.
* See notifications at a glance, with support for all Android notifications.
** See the full notification when it first comes in: your notifications scroll across the screen.
* Quick dial contacts right from the cover, with support for up to 9 shortcuts spread across 3 pages.
* Don't have a contact and still want to dial them quickly? Open up a full dialer right from the cover.
* Take pictures with the cover closed using a quick point and shoot mini camera.
* Do quick calculations with the built in calculator.
And if you're bored:
* Play a quick game of Snake, retro-style!
* This module was coded with the stock DotMatrix application set to 480DPI, the developer cannot guarantee it'll work fine with other DPIs.
* If you have other modifications installed (or ROMs that ship a modified version), support cannot be guaranteed.
This is only a key! A trial version is available here, please confirm it works before buying this: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.xposedcallblocker
Xposed Call Blocker is a call blocker implemented on the lowest common userspace level. This means that it's better than any other app at blocking calls without diverting them through the network.
Other advantages include minimal RAM usage, since there's no service continuously running in the background.
* Block incoming calls on a per-number basis.
* Internal call log that stores which calls were blocked.
* No notifications when a call is blocked, unlike OEM implementations, this allows you to have a completely silent block.
* Block outgoing calls to the numbers specified above.
* Block calls from private numbers.
* Low RAM usage.
Tested on (all running latest stock ROMs)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
* Sony Xperia Z1
* Nexus 5
Whatever the reason, Wear Music allows you to do just that!
Sync your favorite tracks and playlists directly to your Android Wear smartwatch!
Go for a run and leave your phone at home.
* Sync songs to your smartwatch.
* Sync complete playlists as they are on your phone to your smartwatch.
* Volume control on your watch.
* Control playback from your Bluetooth headset or speaker.
Using the app is fairly simple, there are some gestures used:
* Tap and hold on the now playing view to switch between position and volume control.
* Tap and hold on the blue title in any view to go to now playing (if there is something playing).
* Tap on the blue title in the main view to reveal a drop down menu.
Usage of the app requires a compatible Bluetooth headset/speaker to be paired with your watch.
Usage of the app will significantly reduce your watch's battery life.
If you're not willing to root your device, do NOT buy this.
This will no add S-View functionality to a ROM without that, thus you'll need a Samsung-based ROM for this to work. Do not contact me for support if you're running CyanogenMod.
S-View Mods for Note 3 is a collection of modifications for the Note 3's S-View screen.
Before purchasing this unlock key, you'll need to download the module from the Xposed Repository, after installation, activate it in Xposed Installer and reboot, if the settings app doesn't show you a dialog after you open it, then this is compatible with it.
* Background: custom background image, solid color
* Animated time changes
* Change text colors
* Music player to use (Google Play Music, PowerAMP, Spotify for metadata, others for controls).
* Use blurred album art as background for S-View screen when music is playing from supported players**.
* Add up to 6 contact shortcuts, apps or other shortcut functions may be added later.
* Secure notifications: you can now see call and SMS notifications when the screen is password locked.
- Write external storage: save the custom background after it's cropped.
- Read contacts: for quick dial shortcuts.
* Uninstalling the Samsung music app will remove the widget, you need to keep the app installed and not frozen.
** PoewrAMP users, go to Settings -> Album Art -> Enable 24-bit album art
This application adds an entry to Android's share menu, this allows you to easily send text to the Pebble.
Why is this useful? That depends on your usage, it might not be useful at all! With this, you can pin text to the Pebble without an app on the Pebble that would take a watchapp slot.
How does this work?
The text is sent as a notification to the Pebble, so it uses the internal notifications app. Clicking any button on the Pebble will naturally dismiss the text.
You'll need to Allow notifications while screen is on in the Pebble app.
This is a simple application that allows you to add shortcuts to Poweramp's music controls.
You can add a shortcut for previous song, next song, and toggling playback.
The main reason this was developed was to replace the media controls provided by CarHomeUltra, as per screenshots above, their media controls emulate generic headset buttons which was a bit slow for Poweramp, so this uses the Poweramp API instead.
* Fully open source, find us on Github.
* New clean design inspired by Google's own apps.
* Manage recordings with a built in database.
* Share recordings straight from the app.
UI designed by Rigo Ortega Mtz.
Why is this different from other automation applications?
Bluetooth Car Mode Starter ensures that no duplicate toggles are made, this means that if you have an application that detects car mode and does stuff upon that, it will only detect car mode once.
Plus, it's open source.
This application doesn't do anything on Android 4.2, am I missing something?
No, Google removed a huge part of Car Mode in Android 4.2, luckily, workarounds exist for rooted users:
Install Xposed Framework and this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2361166
This is an unlock key for Xposed LED Control, it unlocks the ability to set the color for more than 5 apps.
Module details here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.xposedledcontrol
Advantages over other apps that don't use Xposed:
• Select any color you want, or type in a hex code, as long as your hardware supports it, it works.
• Lower memory usage, no services running in background.
• Doesn't require Android 4.3+ or an accessibility service, allowing you to have more services for other apps (e.g Tasker).
• Won't get killed by Android since it runs within Android.
• Works with all notifications, including ongoing ones.
• Compatible with all Android versions from 4.0.3 to 4.4.2.
Requires S-View cover or similar cover with S-View functionality.
This is a system modification that that requires the installation of Xposed Framework, if you don't have that, please don't install this.
This Xposed module allows your Samsung Galaxy S4's S-View screen to show music metadata from music players other than the Samsung stock one.
Swiping left or right will change the current song, long pressing on the clock will toggle playback.
All these settings are configurable, to go to the settings page, open Xposed Installer, tap Modules, then tap S-View Music Controls.
Currently supported players are:
* Samsung stock media player
* Google Play Music
* Limited support for all other players that use media buttons and standard metachanged intent.
Complete changelog here: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/SViewMusicControlsChangelog
Keywords: s view, music controls