MatrixCompCalc is a California Workers' Indemnity Calculator that includes:
- A full PD rating schedule which automatically creates rating strings adjusting the WPI given the Part of Body, Age, Occupation, and DFEC. This version also incorporates a relational database for Occupation and Part of Body making input intuitive and simple.
- Permanent Disability.
- Temporary Disability. It also calculates TD liability for a given period based on the default max weekly rate for the date of industrial injury or a TD rate based on AWW manually imputed.
- Life Pension.
- Life Expectancy given the current age and based upon the 2008 / 2010 U.S. Life Tables as provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits.
- Death Benefits, for the given date of industrial injury.
- Present Value (PV) and Cost Of Living Adjustment (COLA) estimator for Life Pension and Total Disability Awards. The PV/COLA calculator estimates the total Future Value (FV) / PV / COLA for a given percentage of disability between 70-100% based on Age at time of first payment, Date of Injury, and inputted PV discount rate / COLA inflation rate / PV Rate Discount Compound.
- Combined Vale Equation Module which computes CVE percentage and total indemnity given percentage numbers, DOI, AWW or PD Rate (defaulting to max).
Other features also include a Date Calculator, full listing of QME/Body Codes, and full access to support and training videos.
Some nice aggregates our application has:
- Includes the option with a tap of the screen to turn on or off the Combined Value Equation when multiple rating strings are involved. When the Combined Value Equation is turned off the adjusted PD for each rating string is aggregated rather than combined using the Combined Value Equation.
- The user has an option to override default TD/PD indemnity rate in all screens (always bounded by min and max values).
- The user can print, store or send the e-mail of PD Ratings / FV-PV-COLA calculations.
All Users of the MatrixCompCalc are instructed to consult the specific provisions of the California Labor Code and/or the DEU to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. It is not the intent of this product to provide legal representation, or legal advise. The user of the MatrixCompCalc is encourage to retain legal counsel before using this product.
The MatrixCompCalc is part of the copy write protected CompCalc and remains the exclusive property of the Law Office of Richard Montarbo with all rights reserved subject to a limited use license agreement granted to Matrix Document Imaging, Inc.