First-Then visual schedule is an affordable user-friendly mobile application designed for caregivers to provide positive behavior support through the use of "visual schedules". First-Then was designed for individuals with Autism, communication needs, developmental delays, Down's Syndrome, Alzheimer's, or anyone who would benefit from a structured environment.
First-Then allows schedules to be created "on the go" and customized to the needs of the individual. Schedules can be created to show daily events or steps need to complete a specific activity or daily events.
Use it to Show:
*Specific Steps to complete an activity
(ex: use the bathroom, make a sandwich, get dressed)
*Any activity that requires a transition.
THREE DIFFERENT WAYS TO VIEW A SCHEDULE
Split View (with or without First Then written prompt)
ADD CUSTOM IMAGES
-Built in camera (when applicable)
-Internet Search feature
-Stock image library ( Download up to 12,000 vector and Smarty Symbols directly into the stock image library).
- Photo Gallery
RECORD SOUND TO THE IMAGES
PASSWORD PROTECT SETTINGS MENU
-Password protected settings menu were all features can be turned on/off and editing features disabled.
EDIT "ON THE GO"
-Improved time-saving Editing features: you can now create a schedule from scratch or create a new schedule using a previously saved schedule.
- Easily change the order of steps in an activity or delete or add a step.
SHARE SCHEDULES between devices
- Share schedules via email or Dropbox.
Named one of the "TEN BEST APPS FOR AUTISM FOR THE iPad".
LetMeTalk enables you to line up images in a meaningful way to read this row of images as a sentence. To line up images is known as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
The image database of LetMeTalk contains more than 9,000 easy to understand images from ARASAAC (http://arasaac.org). Additionally, you can add existing images from the device or take new photos with the build in camera.
To use LetMeTalk, no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary. Therefore you can use LetMeTalk in almost any situation, like hospitals, nursing home or schools.
At the first start of LetMeTalk, the app will download a data package with all images (about 70MB).
You can find LetMeTalk tutorials at http://letmetalk.info/support
• autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
• speech apraxia
• articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• cerebral palsy
• down syndrome
• more than 9,000 images from ARASAAC included
• voice support for images and sentences
• unlimited creation of new categories and adding new images
• pre configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
• load / save your current profile (vocabulary)
• keep several profiles on your devices and switch fast between them
• share your profile easily with other devices
• load new profiles from our forum directly within LetMeTalk
• switch fast between 2 languages and use LetMeTalk as translator
• supported languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Galician, Catalan, Basque
• voice, if used language is supported by installed text to speech engine
This project is a joint collaboration between True Corporation and Autistic Foundation Thailand. We work closely with autistic teachers, specialists as well as parents and children to craft out a customized learning solution for Autistic Children. By using our applications closely with parents and teachers, it is expected that autistic children will develop essential skills that are important to live a normal life. “Communications” is part of True Autistic, Thai Autistic, application series which also include “Daily Tasks” and “Trace & Share”. Each application focuses on improving different aspect of autistic children skill.
----- FEATURES ------
- There are over 170 icons consisting of pictures with it’s corresponding word. The icons are included with clear, easy-to-listen audios.
- Easy to find and to navigate. You can decide to put the icons in alphabetical order, or to have them categorized in their rightful genres(ie. greetings, actions/feelings, etc).
- Customize! You can create your own icons with your own pictures and voice.
----- WITH VOICE4U YOU CAN -----
- Create a visual schedule
- Be able to tell stories, explain an event or occasion
- Make and share delicious recipes
Voice4U is noted for being used by special ed teachers and speech therapists, within the States and around the world. It’s simplicity and convenience makes it appealing to anyone.
If you have any questions or would like more to have more info, please visit our:
Official Website: http://voice4uaac.com/
Official Blog: http://voice4uaac.com/blog/
Introduction Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onaF0DONlGY
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/voice4uaac
*** Voice4u has won the grand prize for the Android Application Award (A3)! ***
- Includes audio (voice) feedback
- Alphabet sounds exercise
- Match letter in row exercise
- Match word in row exercise
- Vowels exercise
- Word/Numbers recognition exercise
- Plural of nouns exercise
- “Spell it” exercise complete with audio keyboard
Talkingtiles is for individuals, their families, and their professional care team (therapists, educators and care workers) that support them. Individuals can include those with autism, learning disabilities, stroke, aphasia, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, and other cognitive related disorders.
Benefits for Individuals and Families:
•Learn one app for communication, learning, daily living and social skills assistance
•Connect with your care team through remote collaboration of content and progress notes
•Save time and cost through remote content programming by the care team
•Quick authoring of content with libraries of ready-made pages for different learning and treatment programs
Benefits for Professionals:
•Become more productive through centralized client/student records and treatment plans
•Deliver timely care through remote programming of content for individuals
•Deliver coordinated care across professionals through remote team collaboration
•Learn one versatile tool that can be used in a variety of therapy and education plans
Talkingtiles is an easy to use app with the ability for complete customization through the selection of symbols and images, audio, and flexible layout options. This versatile app runs on just about any device and mobile platform.
Extend the capabilities of talkingtiles by utilizing features offered through Mozzaz Cloud services. Various subscription plans are available to Mozzaz Cloud including a free 15-day trial to explore the features. Some of these features include access to one of the largest symbol-word libraries, over 100 different voices, languages and accents and the ability to share pages through remote collaboration.
“We appreciate the simplicity of use and affordability of this product. The educators whom we share this with are very impressed that this application goes across many platforms, can be shared and is so easy to program.” Marion F, Parent, Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Visual schedules are excellent tools in the learning process for people with certain developmental disorders such as Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD) or Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
These people are usually excellent visual thinkers. They understand and retain better the information presented to them visually.
Visual schedules are based on the sequential presentation of a series of tasks, clear and simplified form, using for this normally pictograms to facilitate the schematic representation without unnecessary additional information.
Visual schedules help these people understand the situations and know what is expected of them, thereby reducing the anxiety that generates the new and unexpected. With visual schedules you help them to anticipate the various events that will happen. Using this type of schedules you help them to give an order to their world and improve aspects of their emotional wellbeing.
What is PictogramAgenda?
PictogramAgenda is a software application that facilitates the generation and use of visual schedules on terminals (mobile phones or tablets) based on the Android operating system.
PictogramAgenda allows to set up and order a sequence of images (maximum 12) to form the visual schedule (agenda).
The application screen is arranged in three parts: at the top are the images loaded orderly and numbered to represent clearly the order of the tasks. The center of the screen needs to be pressed each time you want to move to the next task, showing current image or pictogram in a larger size to highlight. The images of the work already done will be going to the bottom of the screen in reduced size, as a reminder of the tasks performed.
The application includes some sample pictograms with usual situations of daily life of children (breakfast, go to school, etc.). These images are taken from ARASAAC, which is the Aragonese Website of Augmentative and Alternative Communication, where you can find extensive catalogs of pictograms, among other interesting resources. Their web address is:
PictogramAgenda includes only some of these pictograms, but provides the possibility for the application user to load any image or photo stored on the terminal as a pictogram.
Summary of key features:
- Up to 12 pictograms from sample pictograms provided or examining the device for any image file supported by Android.
- At any time you can change the order of the remaining tasks by simply dragging the pictogram to its new position.
- Supports portrait and landscape orientation.
- Allows to cross pictograms out, to emphasize the fact that a task is NOT to be performed.
- If needed you can go back to previous pictogram or return to the initial status with all pending tasks.
- You can save and load agendas generated for later use. They are stored in the device's SD card folder "PictogramAgenda".
- Messages or texts of the application can be displayed in: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German.
>>> Version 2.0:
- TEXT (show titles of the pictograms)
- SOUND (titles of the pictograms are read with android 'Text to Speech' functionality)
All the information about the application:
PictogramAgenda is a Freeware application created by Lorenzo Moreno. Anyone can use it for free.
Commercial use of it is not allowed.
The application is provided "as is" without warranty or liability of any kind.
More from developer
The timer can be set to durations of 1 minute to 12 hours. It can also operate in clockwise or anti-clockwide modes. The sound & textual prompts can be enabled/disabled and the textual prompts edited.
I use this application with my son and it has helped us immensely.
Feedback is most welcome and appreciated. I hope to be working on other apps for people affected by Autism for future projects.