MopEye is a novel VPN-based app that enables you to speed test all your apps' network performance.
It further gives you several advanced features (all in free and without any advertisements):
- Know which apps in your phone send network traffic in the background;
- Capture the server domains of each app (you may figure out which apps send a lot of Ad traffic);
- Compare similar apps' network performance, and select the one that has better performance;
- Understand which apps encounter network failures through our "Error Logs" setting menu;
- Figure out network-unfriendly apps that keep sending network traffic, which consumes your battery;
- Set DNS for your WiFi/3G/4G networks without root via our "Change DNS" setting menu;
- Compare the network performance of different 3G/4G/WiFi networks (coming soon...)
There are only two steps in using MopEye:
(1) Open MopEye and click the "Start" button;
(2) Accept the "VPN connection request" dialog to grant MopEye the VPN permission. (You only need to do this step once. Afterwards, you can turn on MopEye anytime without granting the permission again.)
After that, you can use your phone as usual and meanwhile MopEye will measure all your apps' network performance for you!
MopEye is an IRB-approved academic study. We keep our best efforts to reserve your privacy, including but not limited to:
-- we do *not* use a remote VPN server to forward your traffic (all forwarding is done inside phone);
-- we do *not* collect person-identifiable information such as IMEI;
-- we use industry-standard encryption method via HTTPS for data sync;
-- we do *not* record your mobile browsers' traffic for better privacy.
By using MopEye, you are also contributing to our research study and making this world better.