- The ZIP in zip code stands for: Zone Improvement Plan
- The diesel engine was named after German engineer Rudolf Diesel who invented it in the 1890s
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue
- More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world
- All polar bears are left-handed
- The typical person goes to the bathroom 6 times a day
With "Amazing Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange and funny facts and trivia about science, politics, history, famous people, etc.
* Thousands of amazing facts
* Receive daily interesting facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
We have two types of widgets available 4х1 & 4х2. The Widget downloads database updates regularly. You can send your fact to our server and after administration desk checking it can be added to facts’ database. It will become available for all interested application users.
*This is an unofficial application for the RIFT game, Trion Worlds is not responsible in any way of failure.
Do you want to wake your screen when disconnecting your phone from the charger?
Install this app to make it possible!
- Turn off screen when connecting to charger
- Turn on screen when disconnecting from charger
- Play a sound when connecting / disconnecting
- Disable default QI sound notification (root needed)
This app can find out for you! Just fill in your Steam ID or CustomURL (set in your Steam profile settings) and you will see what your games are worth right now.
If you get a 503 error when you try to load your games, try again. Steam often responds with an error if you try to load your games, and I can't do anything about it.
This app is in no way affiliated with Steam.
* All passwords and data are encrypted and stored locally, no external servers or storage is used. This application is fully functional in offline state.
- Manage passwords, with an easy and clean user interface.
- Generate passwords, random passwords between 8 and 32 characters.
- Change theme color, personalize your application.