Fresh Green Light helps teen drivers safely get their license. Teens and parents can use this app to record the hours required by state law to complete a Graduated Driver’s License GDL or learner’s permit.
GDL laws were adopted after studies showed that practicing with a parent, guardian or experienced driver results in much safer drivers. This app helps make sure the practice time is completed while also giving unbiased feedback on the highest risks from each drive.
It’s important to catch issues early and correct at this critical stage of practice driving. Once bad habits are formed, it can be hard to change. The app can fill the gaps where coaching was missed or it can reinforce what has already been said. Either way, it’s a technology that can help at a vital time when the stakes are high.
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
• Records day and nighttime driving hours toward a GDL by state requirements
• Doesn’t count hours driven after curfew toward GDL
• Scores drivers in the areas of distraction, aggressive accelerations and braking
• Gives specific tips on how to improve based on driving behavior
• Unlike many big-brother tracking apps, this app only records drives when the driver chooses
• Account access is secure and can be shared with parents, guardians, driving schools and others
Most teen drivers are anxious to get a license and will be glad to use the app to complete the required driving hours.
HOW IT WORKS:
Using GPS on the phone, drivers start and stop driving trips to record the hours behind the wheel.
Distractions are recognized if other apps are opened when the app is recording a drive.
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES (Advanced Street Data):
• Speeding against posted limits with statistics on average speed over limit and more
• Acceleration and hard braking near a traffic light which indicates potential red light running.
• Speeding through a traffic light with additional penalties to overall score.
• Rolling through stop signs