* The very first App Manager for Android, since 03. March 2009 on the Market.
* ROOT Support
* Languages: English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish
With AppMonster you can easily manage, backup and restore your apps. Enjoy features like batch backup, batch restore, uninstall, install from SD card, share and much more. Simple, fast, easy to use, stable.
Let the AppMonster support you after phone reset or switch to a new phone.
It does not need ROOT, all features like backup, restore and other work without ROOT. But if you have ROOT on your phone or tablet, you get more features.
- Backup protected apps (ROOT)
- Silent 0-click batch restore (ROOT)
- Automatic backup on new app installations, you have always app backups
- Multiple version backup, you can always downgrade any app
- Backup apps to SD card
- Restore apps from SD card
- Backup/restore install-files (.apk) or Market-Links
- Batch restore from SD card or from Market
- Batch delete backups
- Quick uninstalling
- Batch uninstall with 1-Click (ROOT)
- Search in apps and backups
- Sort your apps by install-date, name, size...
- Display apps with Ads (AdMob)
- Display apps can be moved to SD card
- Display apps are protected
- Display apps with background service
- Access to extended options like APP2SD, cache, permissions
- Scan SD card for install-files (.apk-files)
- Share app-links via Facebook, Twitter, mail
- Send backed up apps (.apk-files) by mail, Dropbox or what ever
- You need Android 2.2 (or higher) in order to use App2SD-Feature. App2SD must be also supported by your device.
- Google License Service (LVL) requires an Internet connection.
Since Android 4.4 KitKat on dual-storage devices (internal / external) apps can no longer write files to external SD card. Some apps can, but only files, f.e. pics, but no folders. AppMonster must write folders in order to work. As long Google does not make SD card useful again, the only workaround is to use internal storage to store your backups.
So if you on KitKat & dual-storage device change AppMonster's setting to use internal storage (see "Backup folder").
Thanks a lot to cvxcvx from http://www.cvxcvx.pl for the polish translation
NOTE: On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v4.4.2
Please note that MMS (Picture/Audio/Video messages) support is currently in BETA.
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network communication: For displaying Advertisements.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to load Ads when there is no connection.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
More from developer
The following languages are supported:
This update is intended only for Motorola devices on Jellybean that came preloaded with Voice Commands version JBREL1-1.2.05 to 1.2.15. It addresses the below issues found in these versions:
- Voice Commands app crashes, when user upgrades Google Play Music app to version 5.0.1027J.680591 or later from prior version 4.4.xxxx
Motorola Gallery is supported on:
- Moto G
- Moto X, running Android™ 4.4, KitKat®
- Droid Ultra, Droid Mini and Droid Maxx, running Android™ 4.4, KitKat®.
Note: Motorola Assist and Motorola Touchless Control may not work if you uninstall Motorola Contextual Services.
*Extend your battery life*
The SMARTATCTIONS app has different battery saving rules that keep you in charge of your charge. The Battery Extender rule, for example, recognizes when your phone is sitting idle and conserves power. Don’t worry—calls and texts always come through. And, the Low Battery Saver rule will pay attention to how much charge your battery has, and change settings to conserve what’s left.
*Location, location, location*
SMARTACTIONS can make changes based on where you are. When certain Wi-Fi connections are recognized, SMARTACTIONS can make changes based on that location. For example, arriving at your office could prompt putting your ringer on silent and pulling up that productivity app that really gets things done.
It’s your phone; customize it to fit your life. Do you like your display turned down and your ringer turned up when you get home? SMARTACTIONS can remember that and do it for you. Or, maybe you like to see maps and GPS when you step into your car. Yep, SMARTACTIONS can help there too.
SMARTACTIONS is intuitive. As you go about your day, it learns how you interact with your phone and makes suggestions that help you spend less time managing your smartphone and more time enjoying it.
*You’re in control*
This app will offer to help you and make suggestions for rules—but it will never make changes until you say so.
For additional support, visit the Motorola support forums at: http://www.motorola.com/forums/smartactions
To transfer from Android:
Download this app to your old Android phone to transfer photos, videos, text history, call history and SIM contacts.
Also download to your Moto X, Moto G, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini or Droid Ultra to update the pre-installed app with all the latest features. NOTE: you must be on a KitKat release to update the pre-installed app.
To transfer from iPhone via iCloud:
Download this app to your Moto X, Moto G, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini or Droid Ultra to transfer contact and calendar events. NOTE: you must be on a KitKat release to update the pre-installed app.
Driving mode in Motorola Assist is only supported on:
- Droid Ultra
- Droid Mini
- Droid Maxx
- Moto X
This application has been designed to work on the Moto G smartphone. You will need a wired headset to act as the FM antenna.
Motorola Connect requires a Chrome Extension to be installed on your Chrome Browser. You can find the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/motorola-connect/.
Only for devices running Android™ 4.4, KitKat®.
Motorola Connect is supported on:
Touchless control accomplishes all of this using very little power so your phone is always ready.
Touchless control is only supported on:
- Droid Ultra
- Droid Mini
- Droid Maxx
- Moto X
Touchless Control is available only for U.S. English, U.S. Spanish, Canadian French and Brazilian Portuguese.
You can now use your Android smartphone to schedule a workout for your MOTOACTV that consists of multiple stages of the same activity type. Plan your warm up, interval, recovery, or cool down, then receive a visual and audible feedback on the device on your progress towards your targets.
2. Improved Fitness Zones
View your Heart Rate, Pace, and Power zones on your Android smartphone. Specify which types of zones you’d like to use for each workout.
3. Get Facebook and Twitter posts directly on your MOTOACTV.
Instal Facebook and Twitter plug-ins to get wall posts and tweets directly on your MOTOACTV. Make sure that your device software has been updated to 1.7 release and that you have the latest MOTOACTV app installed on your Android smartphone.
4. Weather Plug-In
To keep receiving weather updates on your MOTOACTV device, install the latest Weather plug-in after updating your MOTOACTV app.
5. Performance Improvements
Enjoy ICS enhancements and other performance improvements.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners.
©2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Active Display is only supported on:
- Moto X
- Droid Ultra
- Droid Mini
- Droid Maxx
Windy Day, our debut Spotlight Story, was created by Jan Pinkava, Oscar-winning director and creator of Pixar films, Geri’s Game and Ratatouille. Windy Day is rendered using the same graphics standard that makes Pixar characters and environments so delightfully beautiful. Unlike a conventional film, we’ve given you control of the camera so you can explore. Every viewing is different. Look around – there are surprises where you least expect them. It’s fluid and natural because we adapted the controls from those used for precision planetary landings. Our latest Story, Buggy Night, continues our exploration of this new creative canvas.
It’s not a movie, and it’s not a game. It’s new. We hope it makes you smile.
Spotlight Player will deliver these Stories in ways that are as novel as the Stories themselves. So, watch for something a little out of the ordinary coming to your home screen!
Motorola Spotlight Player requires a WiFi connection and is exclusively tuned for the Moto X.
It uses your smartphone’s GPS/WiFi functionality to identify your location. This will require a data network to download the photos and videos.
NEW for v2.1
Now any Android phone can send and receive photos! SImply download the Droid Zap App.
For DROID owner on ‘Jellybean’ OS or higher, we’ve also added Zap Zone, which allows multiple people to magically share pictures at your next party. Simply Zap the invite to your friends and your smartphones are magically connected. Any pictures you take or your friends take will automatically be shared for the duration of the Zap Zone.
This application requires your Google ID for setup.
DROID Zap is copyright 2013 by Motorola Mobility LLC. For additional questions or feedback, contact MotoCare at motorola.com/support.