*** CREATED BY NATIVE SPANISH SPEAKERS ***
Planning to visit Spain? Need a handy offline English-Spanish dictionary? Just want to learn Spanish?
¡Hola! aims to be the definitive Spanish handbook and learning guide for Android. A must have application when visiting Spain.
- Hundreds of expressions and words organized in different categories and situations: greetings, numbers, at the hotel, shopping, etc.
- Advanced offline English Spanish dictionary with over 85.000 entries
- Useful facts about Spain, including emergency numbers and tourist information websites
- Spanish gastronomy visual guide
- History of Spain
- Text to speech technology
- Works completely offline! No Internet connection needed
All words and expressions are in Castilian (Castellano), the Spanish spoken in Spain.
*** Exclusive PRO version features ***
- 2000 new expressions and words
- Pronunciation guide with examples
- Prepositions and question words with examples
- Lots of popular proverbs
This application if completely free. The internet connection is only used to load some ads.
The upgrade to obtain the new features is made as an in-app purchase. No need to install a new application :)
Q: How to change the voice speed?
A: The speed of the voice is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I have purchased the PRO version but I need to install the application again. I am going to pay for it again?
A: Absolutely not. The purchase is made through the Google Play application which will "remember" all the purchases made using your account. Just press the "get more" button to activate it again :)
Q: What kind of expressions will I learn?
A: Expressions for usual situations when visiting Spain, but also basic and medium vocabulary for your Spanish lessons. Over 2000 expressions are included in the PRO version.
Q: The dictionary is not working.
A: The first time the application is installed, the dictionary DB must be unpacked. In some cases, this process may fail. Just try to reinstall the application.
The text to speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.