GPS and network are not required to use this app.
"Map Tools" Features:
- Coordinates conversion and distance calculation in the following coordinate systems: Geodetic Coordinates (DD, DM, DMS), UTM, UPS, MGRS, USNG, Georef, Map Grid Australia 1994 (MGA94), New Zealand Transverse Mercator 2000 (NZTM2000), New Zealand Map Grid (NZMG) and British National Grid (OSGB).
- Datum conversion. "Map Tools" comes with 230 datums, which include WGS84, NAD27, NAD83, GDA94, NZGD2000, NZGD1949, OSGB36, ED50 and a lot more.
- Use your current location as the input for the coordinate conversion and distance calculation
- Copy and paste the coordinates from and to the app
- Convert between 3 different Geodetic formats: Decimal Degrees, Degrees Minutes, Degrees Minutes Seconds
It also has a little guide for your own questions. But in case of doubt or new idea, please contact email@example.com.
The self-winding positioning will be more effective if your are outdoors considering that your position could be received by GPS satellite without interferences. You also have the possibility to triangulate your position by WI-FI antenna situated around, even though it is less precise than GPS way. Once you have calculated your position, the application will bring up to date considering the precision of obtained location.