Start the App, wait for GPS signal and an accettable satellitar accuracy.
- Tap Record button to start calibration, 5 points will be centered to fit the best accuracy boundary
- A point will be added to the survery
- First point will be treat as the origin 0,0,0
- All next points will mean the total cartesian distance from this expressed in East, North, Elevation
- With a minimum of 3 points a triangulation is performed and displayed directly in the integrated CAD.
- When a triangulation occurred is shown surface area, volume and perimeter
- A single point can be changed by a form or directly on the google map
- The entire survey can be viewed on google map
- All survey will be place into a fully readable folder connecting to the USB cable
- Some automations can be set to let the mobile to acquire data points by a scheduled timer.
- To export to DXF file open 'Manage Survey List' and press the DXF button after survey selection
Scheduling acquisition points:
is it possible to set a timer to automatically record the points at regular intervals. Convenient to measure embankments, bridges, wells, or linear long distances.
Open "Global Settings"
Sets a value <> 0 in the field "Record every x seconds"
Hit the "back" button of the device, the settings are automatically saved
This will activate the timer recording.
Reset it to 0 to disable the timer
Droid Topography is a simple way to collect measured point using GPS
A combined free Windows Desktop tool named MapMe will help you to manage the acquired data points from mobile just connecting it to USB device to compute topographic triangulation, contouring, kriging, voronoi, volumes, surface area and much more.
GPS coordinates are acquired in LAT/LON WGS-84 format.
Each point will be shown as cartesian x,y,z (E,N,Elev) and UTM, partial and total distances.
The Unit measurement for the moment in only in meters.
Next versions of the app will be concerning to introduce more units
eMail: registration address (only used for verification authenticity, are never sent messages)
Basic fee: hypothetical difference between sea level and geoid
Record every x seconds: Scheduling acquisition in seconds
Accuracy points: minimum value of satellite Accuracy is acceptable because a point
Hooking minimum SAT: the point is acquirable if there are at least x satellites
Dist Point Double: Tolerance (in MT) for which a point is not considered double and added
Speed tolerance: To detect the stationing or not the device (increases accuracy)
- Elevations are referred to the ellipsoid radius.
- To calibrate a consistent elevation set the base elevation on setting pane, this value will be subctrated to that aquired from GPS. Depending on the geographic area it should be a known value.
- Survey FileNames are composed by DTS.droid
- User can choose the minimal distance to be consider duplicate points. In this case the point is skipped
This app is intended to be released as OpenSource project
See GPL License for the terms of usage and distribution
All CopyLeft are reserved to the author
Fabio Guerrazzi 2014
About The Author
Fabio Guerrazzi is not a company name or any patented proprietary.
I am a single developer who loves coding math and graphic.
This app and desktop tool are free