Overcoming the obstacles to stopping chewing tobacco
Maybe you've tried quitting before. You made up your mind one day that you were going to stop, and you did stop. You felt quite proud of your achievement. But then something happened - some frustration, some party, some work issue, a friend just offered you a wad, whatever it was - and all of a sudden the craving just carried you away before you could think. And you were back dipping again. You may be wondering if you'll ever discover how to stop chewing tobacco.
Do you need willpower to give up dipping?
When that sort of thing happens, it's easy to give up and start saying to yourself 'Maybe I've just got an addictive personality' or 'I haven't got that sort of willpower'. It all seems like too much effort. Why not just go with it? And that will keep you going for a while, until those niggling doubts, or some worrying health symptom, push you into thinking about quitting tobacco again.
But now it's harder. The notion that 'I don't have the willpower' is quite frightening when you think that it's all about willpower. If stopping chewing tobacco is about entering a battle of wills, you have no hope of winning. Tobacco is much more 'determined' than you are, is it not?
Are you doomed to chew tobacco till it kills you, then?
How tobacco deceives its users into dependency
Tobacco chewing, like all addictions, acquires a sort of all-pervading 'presence' in the lives of users, which make it seem inevitable, all-powerful, inescapable, and 'part of the furniture'. But it's all an illusion.
Have you ever seen the movie The Wizard of Oz? You may remember how the Wizard tried to cow Dorothy and her companions by appearing as a giant head, a fairy, a ball of fire, and a horrible monster. But when they dared to pull back the curtain, it turned out that he was a powerless nobody performing mechanical tricks.
So how do you pull back the curtain on smokeless tobacco and rob it of its power to enslave you?
What it takes to escape from tobacco chewing addiction
To get free from chewing tobacco addiction, you need to be able to 'see through' the illusion. This requires very clear, sharp sight. Not the sight of your physical eyes, but the sight of your 'inner eye', your 'mind's eye'. To open your inner eye and see through the deception of tobacco, you need to be in a state of mind removed from your everyday concerns and therefore free of the constraints which normally govern you.
How hypnosis can help you stop chewing tobacco
The easiest way to access such a state of mind is through the practice of hypnosis. Stop Chewing Tobacco will teach you how to easily and effortlessly access a mental state of calm objectivity and relaxation, where deceptions no longer have any effect on you.
By listening regularly to Stop Chewing Tobacco you will begin to understand very clearly how tobacco chewing has previously kept its grip on you and why, now that you have seen through it, it no longer has any power over you. You will learn the inner stance to adopt to keep you safe from it in future.
Download Stop Chewing Tobacco and start enjoying a truly nicotine free life.
How to Quit Dip and Smokeless Tobacco?
Ready for something better in your life?
One person per hour dies from oral cancer in the United States alone --
and smokeless tobacco is a leading cause of cancer. At least 28 ingredients in smokeless tobacco are known to cause cancer. It also causes esophageal cancer, pancreatic cancer, heart disease, gum disease, and oral lesions other than cancer, such as leukoplakia.
Ready to quit and start healing yourself now? Download Quit the Can and get it done!
This app was designed for those who want to kill the can! Quit chewing, quit dipping, quit using pouches, or using snuff for good!
If you're looking for a way to quit smokeless tobacco that won't stress you out like going cold turkey, then this app is for you!
HOW TO USE
Watch the video for complete instructions and list of features.
If you still have questions, it is this easy:
1. Configure the SETTINGS
2. Track each chew in the TRACKER
3. When ready, hit the QUIT button
4. Monitor progress in social, financial, and health benefits
HOW IT WORKS
Consider the research that most nicotine cravings last only five or ten minutes at a time -- if a person can alter the chewing behavior slightly, then the addiction to nicotine can be broken!
Next, we explain how to quit dip easier using the tracking system.
The application helps the user to track each chew and then tells them when they are allowed to have the next one. By relying on the application to tell the user when they can or can't chew, it slowly alters the addictive behavior in a good way -- thus allowing the user to no longer be under the spell of nicotine cravings.
After each chew is tracked, the time between dips is slowly increased. This results in a slow decline in number of chews per day and ultimately decreases nicotine dependence to the point where the user feels comfortable to sever all ties to smokeless tobacco and QUIT FOR GOOD!
This application has been battle-tested by real, "former" dip and snuff users. If you're ready to quit, then you have nothing to lose -- give it a try and in two weeks you'll have the confidence and will know how to quit dipping forever.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL BENEFITS
Addiction to smokeless tobacco affects both the user's health and social benefits of being addiction-free. These benefits are tracked in the application.
Back in grade school, many of us received the lecture of how much money tobacco addiction can cost over years of time. This application provides tracking for how much money is saved by quitting dip and smokeless tobacco. The authors of this app have designed it so you can track the money you save by configuring your average chews per day, average chews in a can, and average price per can.
What are you waiting for? Download this app and start receiving the benefits of reducing and eliminating nicotine from your life!
After over a year of downloads and collecting feedback, this is definitely the app to help people learn how to quit dipping! If you are serious about learning how to quit chewing tobacco, then this is the app for you. It will help you quit dipping for good!
This app is different than communities like Kill the Can who propose quitting dip cold turkey and using alternatives like jerky chew, coffee grinds, mint snuff, tea snuff, and other online guides for quitting which propose un-natural alternatives to smokeless tobacco. Quit smokeless tobacco, dip, snuff, spit and chew for good and download Quit the Can!
Bites & Chews App has 500+ foods: 300+ most popular foods and 200+ foods from 9 most popular restaurants.
Bites & Chews Cues:
- Overeating is the main cause of obesity and health problems, while eating right leads to better health and weight loss. You can learn how to eat right very fast.
Meet Bites & Chews App, the eating coach, which will teach you how to take small bites, chew each bite thoroughly, and chose healthier foods.
- Small bites – Bites & Chews will tell you how many bites are in each food. All you need to do is visually breakdown the food into the suggested number of bites, give or take a few. The reference: one bite is about one cubic centimeter (just short of a ½ square inch). Sure, it will take some time to adjust your bites, but you’ll get good at that very fast.
- Thorough chewing – Bites & Chews will prompt you about the number of chews in each bite, depending on food texture. The app will guide you through chewing with its countdown feature. The number of chews is deliberately calculated to make sure that you chew each morsel properly, but not too long to bore you stiff.
Before you start chewing, chose the chewing speed that is comfortable for you. There are two options: 80 and 70 chews per minute. If you are a fast chewer, start with 80 p/min and progress to 70 p/min when you are ready. When you chose 80 p/min speed, you’ll be encouraged to chew a little longer.
- Pay close attention to the health score. Let this information sink in, so that you ease yourself into healthier food choices. The health score is rated on the scale from one to ten, where 1 is the worst and 10 is the healthiest food. Food’s excessive calories and volume along with nasty nutrients like sugar, sodium, and hydrogenated fat bring the health score down, while moderate portions, high density of good nutrients, and abundance of antioxidants do just the opposite.
1. Click on 3-dots option menu in the upper left corner for HTC (or other place specific to your Android phone) to open the Options Screen and select Settings:
a. Chose a Speed of Chewing: fast (80 per min) or moderate (70 per min)
2. Go back to the Foods/Restaurants screen:
3. Select a food item from the Food list; or click on the Restaurants tab, chose a restaurant from the popup list and then select a food from the menu.
4. Take a close look at the popup food info - the key reference points:
Weight, Total Eating Time, Number of Bites, Number of Chews, Calories, and Health Score.
5. Click “Let’s Eat!” tab to go to the pendulum screen.
6. Visually break down your food into indicated number of bites (left red square)
7. Press Start and begin eating along with the Countdown Pendulum.
8. The Bites and Chews numbers in red squares will indicate the elapsing bites and chews.
9. You can pause the countdown any time by tapping on the Start/Pause tab (tap it again to take up where you left off).
10. “Great Job!” popup indicates that you have finished eating the food item.
Start losing flab while enjoying your meal like a foodie... No, even better, like a gourmet!
Follow the adventures of a group of students and their professor through many adventures at the U of Chew and places in Tastee Town.
In a world made of giant food and a cast of characters that are sure to surprise and delight, children visit Tastee Town and learn more about the healthy choices we can all make every day in a fun and immersive way.
– The Bodinator helps children discover what BMI (Body Mass Index) is, and how to measure and use it as a guide for a healthy body.
– Learn simple, family-friendly recipes for every palette in the Tastee Town Garden.
– In the Art Department, using images of the U of Chew and Tastee Town, there are dozens of simple-to-use, immersive painting, drawing, and mixed media collage tools. Images can be saved to a device's photo library for sharing.
– Enjoy Jigsaw Puzzles with scenes from the app and bonus images you create in the Art Department. Children can control difficulty, set the number of pieces and apply special effects.
– Play a simple, but fun, memory game of Concentration using with the U of Chew cast of characters and food items.
– [Coming Soon] In the Brainery, drag and drop food items in a Rube Goldberg style activity that teaches what's in food and how it effects the body physically and emotionally.
– [Coming Soon] In the Sugary, learn about which sugars are helpful for the body and which foods are best.
– [Coming Soon] In the Catchery, learn about marine biology and how and which fish and seafood help the body (like Omega 3’s).
Enroll your children at the U of Chew so they can become Masters of Nutrition!
LEARN how to make healthy choices
DISCOVER what food is made of and what it does for a body
ENGAGE with fun animations
SOLVE jigsaw puzzles
PAINT & DRAW using simple to use, immersive, paint, draw, and mixed media collage tools
Download U of Chew for a chew-tastic good time!
Like us - http://www.facebook.com/UofChew
Tweet us - @UofChew
U of Chew was created through a partnership of GenUwin Health, Inc. and FatRedCouch.
About GenUwin Health
GenUwin Health's mission is to empower children and their families to make healthier choices for a better life. We accomplish this through education and awareness of the personal choices and environmental factors that cause obesity. We hope that with engagement we can help to foster a generation of self-determined, knowledgeable, and motivated young people who can make the best possible choices for themselves.
FatRedCouch blends brands and technologies to create innovative entertainment, publishing, and educational experiences using digital platforms and physical goods. Digital+Durable™
FatRedCouch is a proud member of Moms With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers with family-friendly apps.
Do you have questions, suggestions, or concerns?
Please email us at support@FatRedCouch.com and we’ll be happy to help!
• Does not collect or share any location and/or personal data
• Does not contain any ads
• Does not collect location information
• Does not contain In-App Purchases
• Does contain links to the AppStore (rate), to our other children's apps, and to our website
Snusless är nykläckt och jag som utvecklare tar gärna emot synpunkter för att förbättra applikationen.
Att dela fungerar för tillfället inte men kommer strax.
There is also a handy 2x1 and 4x1 widget that you can place anywhere on your home screen. The widget will update at midnight each day, so once you set your quit the app will handle the rest daily. You will need to be running Android 4.0 or higher to run My Quit Tracker.
- Initiate nearly 300 virtual chemical reactions by dragging elements into the Reaction Area.
- Amazing images and videos illustrate the molecules you create.
- Select alternate views of the Periodic Table to discover different aspects of the elements’ chemical properties.
- Touch any of the Periodic Table's 118 elements to see an image and fun fact about it.
- With helpful hints about reactions to try, there’s always something exciting to explore.
- “Featured Reactions” menus guide you through themed sets of chemical reactions related to particular applications,such as the environment, beauty products or cars.
- Learn more about how the Periodic Table is organized, and follow links to additional educational resources.