Electrician App contains the most important formulas in the field of electrical engineering. Easy to use, available in 3 languages: English, German and Russian.
Features of Electrician App:
Calculation of up to twenty resistors (parallel).
Calculation of current, charge and time.
Calculation of work, time and power.
Calculation of line resistance.
Calculation of current, voltage, power and resistance.
Calculating the voltage drop on the line.
Calculating the maximum length of the conductor.
Calculation of the conductor cross-section.
Calculation of real, reactive, apparent power at AC.
Calculation of real, reactive, apparent power for three-phase.
Calculation of primary voltage, secondary voltage, primary windings, secondary windings of a transformer.
Calculating the cross section and diameter.
Calculation of the current density.
Calculation of cos φ.
Calculation of sin φ.
For the accuracy of the calculation, we assume no liability.
Forget complicated formulas and calculation methods, specify a value-known and Electrician App returns the result. Several updates and new formulas more languages are planned in the near future.
Electrician App is optimized and improved by us and as for we depend on your help.
Please add comments, write your opinions, suggestions or report any errors.
Thanks in advance!
Compliant with NEC 2014, 2011, 2008, 2005 and 2002, and future updates are FREE!
Visit our website for more details: http://www.ElectricianCalculator.com/
Forget about complicated key combinations normally required for NEC calculators! With this app you'll be able to perform the following calculations in a straightforward way:
• Voltage Drop
All voltage drop calculations use NEC chapter 9 table 8 values (either stranded or unstranded), and ambient temperature is taken into consideration as per NEC chapter 9 table 8 FPN 2.
• Find voltage drop (in volts and percentage).
• Find the maximum cable length given a required voltage drop and wire gauge (for single and three phase circuits).
• Find the minimum wire gauge given a required voltage drop and distance (for single and three phase circuits).
Ampacity calculations use NEC tables 310.16 and 310.17 to find maximum ampacity or minimum wire gauge. The correction factor for temperature is used in these calculations.
• Find the minimum wire gauge given an amps value and ambient temperature (can specify if it will be in a raceway or free air).
• Find the maximum ampacity of a cable given its gauge, the ambient temperature, and if it is in a raceway or free air.
• Conduit sizing and conduit fill
Conduit and cable diameters are obtained from the tables in NEC chapter 9. Maximum fill percentages are obtained from NEC chapter 9 table 1.
• Find the minimum size conduit given the gauge and number of cables.
- Can specify the following conduit types: EMT, ENT, FMC, IMC, LFNB, LFNA, RMC, PVC-80, PVC-40 / HDPE, PVC-A, PVC-EB.
- Can specify the following insulation types: THHN, THWN, THWN-2, THW, THHW, THW-2, TW, XHH, XHHW, XHHW-2, RHH, RHW, RHW-2.
• Find the maximum amount of cables that can be used, given conduit size and type, and cable gauge and insulation.
• Motor full load current
Motor full load current values are obtained from NEC tables 430-247, 430-248, 430-250 in chapter 9.
• Find the motor full current load for DC motors, single phase, squirrel cage, wound rotor, and synchronous electrical motors from 1/4HP to 200 HP.
• Grounding conductor
Find the grounding conductor for service entrances and equipment, as per NEC tables 250-66 and 250-122.
• Capacitor KVARs
Find the capacitor KVARs that must be connected to the system in order to correct low power factors caused by inductive loads.
• Power cost
Estimate the financial cost of running a specific load. You enter your KWH rate, the load in KW, and the hours spent with the load connected, and the calculator will return the cost. You can select your own currency from the Preferences section.
The app preferences will allow you to choose to enter Values can be entered in Feet or Meters, Celsius or Fahrenheit. You can also select to use copper or aluminum cables by default, and select to use stranded or unstranded cables. You can select to use this app in English, Spanish, Italian, French, or German!
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at email@example.com so we can answer your question or comment before posting any negative reviews. We are constantly providing updates and adding new functionality. Planned updates include bend radius calculations, circuit breaker selection, SI units and more.
Note: This product is not associated with Electrician Talk, Calculated Industries, ElectriCalc, ElectriCalc Pro, nor with Electrical Calc Elite. NEC is a registered trademark of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Electrical apps, electric apps.
Written by Award Winning Author and Electrician Al Cutter
Based on the 2011Code
A must have tool for every electrician!
You can calculate;
• Ohm’s Law input any two fields and we will calculate the other two fields
• Voltage drop calculate the DC, resistive, or the AC, inductive
• Conduit fill any number and size of conductors
• Box fill – Standard boxes and custom boxes with any number of conductors
• Resistor Color Code
• Amperage rating of any size conductor
• Complete with help on each selection
Engineers and Laymen
or anyone else who wants to be able to get the 25 pair color code Based on pair number this app is math based
so you can lookup any pair from 1 to the 6,000th pair.
Bend Types Supported:
-Offset (Far Bend Critical)
-Offset(Near Bend Critical)
-Rolling Offset (Far Bend Critical)
-Rolling Offset (Near Bend Critical)
-Three Bend Saddle
-Four Bend Saddle
-90° Stub-Up Bend
Preference settings for inches or centimeters are available for all calculations.
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make things right before posting negative reviews.
We strive to ensure compatibility with all new and existing Android devices. If you experience any problems with the layout/display of this app on your particular device please let us know so we can get it resolved. We are also open to any suggestions you may have for future enhancements to this calculator.
MER is for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facility managers, inspectors, exam candidates, apprentices, electricians, journeymen, architects, and technicians. MER is for people doing residential, industrial, and commercial work. Simply, if you are a Master Sparky or work with electricity in any way, this reference guide is for you!
Have you ever lost pages or had damaged pages in your pocket electricians reference? The solution is here: Use MER to keep the most important information easily accessible on your Android device. MER will even do calculations for you; something your old pocket reference book can't do.
MER is divided into the following sections:
* Simple Circuits
- Ohm's law, series and parallel circuits, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and reactance.
* Distributed Systems
- Distribution wiring diagrams for 120, 208, 277, and 480 volts, color codes, breaker sizes, light switches and bells diagrams.
* Electrical Formulas
- Formulas for kVA, kW, and HP.
* Color Codes
- Color codes for capacitors and resistors.
* Motors and Wiring
- Standard motor and motor starter sizes, tables of full-load currents, locked-rotor information, overload units, OCPD, nameplate information, synchronous motor speeds, three-phase STAR and DELTA diagrams, three-wire start-stop diagram, motor frame dimensions, and motor enclosure types.
- KVA ratings for single- and three-phase current, transformer formulas.
* Conductor Properties
- Conductor tables, AWG and metric wire sizes, twist-on pressure connectors, and wire combinations.
- Ampacities in raceway, cable, earth, and free air, and derating tables.
* Conduit Fill table
* Grounding Sizes
- Equipment grounding conductor (EGC) and grounding electrode conductor (GEC).
* Metal Boxes
- Images and sizes of metal boxes, junction / device boxes, junction / pull boxes.
* Voltage Drop calculations
* Dictionary of electrician terms
* Insulation Charts
- Table of cable and wire types
* Electrical Symbols
- Plugs and wiring diagrams, enclosure types, standard underground boxes, standard fuse and breaker sizes, standard pull box / junction sizes, standard gutter and wire-ways, standard switchboards, standard busway, standard busbar ampacity, standard panelboard sizes, and standard disconnect sizes.
* Math and Conversions
- Formulas for geometry, fractions, temperature conversion, trig tables, unit conversions, metric prefixes, and conversions between inches and millimeters.
* Conduit Bending
- Includes the guide "The Master Bender Way" on how to bend conduit. See the Master Bender app or MasterBender.com website for more information.
* Conduit Weights
* Copper Wire Cost
* Hole Saw Sizes
* Material Raceway Support
- Fluorescent, high-intensity discharge, incandescent, LED, and low-pressure sodium.
* Standard Tool List
- Lugs, bolts, and screws, tightening torque.
* Dry, Damp, and Wet Locations
* Hazardous Locations
* Wiring Methods
- Lock-out / tag-out (LOTO), and a safety manual and first aid.
Most pages contain a general scientific calculator. It is expression based: Just enter an expression and evaluate it. It understands trig and power functions, can convert between radians and degrees, and has built-in basic constants like pi and e.
MER includes key NEC tables from the National Electrical Code (NEC) 2011.
Visit our website at MasterSparky.com for more information.
Max Conductor size: 25mm²
Max Conduit Size: 63mm
(these are the limits of the literature)
Simple to use! Easy to read results!
This has been created to be part of a larger 'Tool-Box' app that is still in development, but I have created this stand alone version for testing and feature requesting.
Please let me know of any issues and/or requests you have.
Thanks for looking.
*Sliders for fast entry
*3 point saddles
*Calculate offsets at any angle
*Snaps to common bending angles
*Pure calculations (no tables used)
*Calculated @ 1/1000" then rounded to nearest 1/16"
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please send them to: email@example.com.
Conduit, Electrician, Bending, Calculator, Bender, Bend, Electrical, Pipe
More from developer
And it also estimates the Range, remaining velocity, total drop, time of flight, remaining energy and wind drift by entering proper datas.