The application is capable of:
- reading the live data
- showing the fault codes and clearing them
- displaying the logged freeze frame data
The application requires the OBD II Bluetooth or WiFi dongle (ELM327 based) to communicate with a car.
All the popular OBD II protocols are supported:
- J1850 VPW and PWM
- ISO 9141-2
- KWP 2000
- CAN (11 and 29 bits - both 250 and 500 kBit/s)
If you have any request, comment or suggestion, please don't hesitate to contact me.
• Use info from your ¼ mile time slip, car weight, and track conditions to estimate HP.
• Estimate your MPH at a specific RPM or RPM at a specific MPH using tire diameter and gear ratio.
• Calculate your engine displacement using the bore, stroke, and number of cylinders.
• Calculate compression ratio using the bore and stroke along with combustion chamber, head gasket and deck height volume.
• Calculate the thickness of the head gasket spacer shim using starting compression, bore, stroke and desired lower compression.
• Convert various units such as horsepower, kilowatt/hours, foot/lbs torque, PSI, bar, Celsius/ Fahrenheit and others.
• View the FWA’s engine software switcher demo, if you haven’t already purchased GIAC switching software and a GIAC DME Transceiver Module (DTM).
If you purchase a GIAC DTM engine software switcher and compatible GIAC engine software, the FWA will also give you control of the GIAC-tuned software programs in your car's computer with a touch of a button. Potential software options include stock programming, performance programming for pump gas, performance programming for 100 octane gas, valet mode, and antitheft mode.
GIAC DTM users can also download and install latest GIAC firmware updates, as they become available, to the GIAC DTM via button selection on the FWA.
Additional accessories, such as the boost gauge feature will be available to DTM users soon.
Check GIACusa.com for more information.
Comments and suggestions are welcome! Email apps@GIACusa.com
✓ static compression ratio
✓ rod ratio
✓ speed via RPM, tire diameter etc.
✓ rod angle
Play with values to find ideal rod ratio, or required deck height for desired compression ratio.
Find best tire diameter and gearing combo for your vehicle.
*Current input fields are in metric units.
*Version 3 now includes a rod angle calculator and some UI changes!
Future versions likely to include:
✓ imperial units
✓ piston speed
✓ live graphs? RPM vs Velocity...