- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Sensor Box for Android.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Sensor Box for Android only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
Sensor Kinetics is an advanced viewer and monitor for all of the standard sensors available in your Android device. The new built-in Multi-Sensor Recorder allows you to record up to six kinetic sensors simultaneously.
Written by one of the pioneers of the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes within the modern smartphone, it provides a comprehensive look at the total dynamics of the combined operations of all the sensors.
The app demonstrates the use of the accelerometer, gyroscope and the rotation sensor to control a tilt based view navigation like the RotoView technology by INNOVENTIONS. It also demonstrates the operation of the magnetic sensor, the linear acceleration sensor and the gravity sensor within special graphical displays.
Use Sensor Kinetics to monitor and understand the behavior of the sensors while you change the delay setting or activate/deactivate specific sensors. Each sensor is attached to a sophisticated chart viewer. The Multi-Sensor Recorder records multiple sensors simultaneously at a controlled data rate. If you need to save or share sensor charts, please purchase the companion Sensor Kinetics Pro.
For educational users, the app includes comprehensive help files which provide physics students with hands-on knowledge of how these sensors interact with smartphones and suggest numerous experiments you can perform on your phone or tablet.
Who Should Use Sensor Kinetics?
Developers, students, hobbyists, technicians, engineers... anyone who's curious about what lies "under the hood" of their mobile device!
Test your Android phone or tablet: Sensor Kinetics allows you to test all of the sensors on your device. For example, you can quickly determine if your Android device has a gyroscope sensor and how fast it's operating. The numerous chart viewers allow you to measure any sensor over time and gauge their accuracy and behavior.
Educational: Sensor Kinetics demonstrates the physics of gravity, acceleration, rotation, magnetism and more as these forces are measured by your phone or tablet. The app includes comprehensive help files with easy to understand information and experiments you can perform with the sensors.
App Developers: View in detail the behavior of the sensors used in your apps. Compare the performance of advanced sensors like gyroscope, linear acceleration sensor and the rotation sensor.
This app relates to gyroscope and accelerometer data logging, magnetometer, smart scroll, science, physics, tilt measure, pressure sensor, relative humidity sensor, light sensor, linear acceleration, temperature sensor, proximity sensor, gravity sensor, MEMS, kinetics
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
GPS Status - Raw GPS data: Number of Satellites, Location, Altitude, Accuracy and Speed.
GPS Fix - Reset your GPS state and download assistance data if your GPS is not working.
Magnet - Get magnetic field strength readings from your magnetometer. You can use this to calibrate your compass. Wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern and if the two values match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
You need a clear view of the sky to get a GPS signal, ideally outside or at least near a window.
To calibrate your compass, please stand clear of metal objects or electronics.
Tap on the values to change units. Speed: m/s, km/h, mph, knots. Length: m, ft. Location: degrees, minutes, seconds.
Some Motorola phones can't get a GPS fix if the device is set to Airplane mode.
Thanks for downloading!
New improvement will be available soon.
IMPORTANT: go outdoors to detect the GPS satellites!
Functionalities: GPS Glonass QZSS BeiDou Satellite Compass GoogleMaps OSM OSMDroid OpenStreetMap Bing BingMap Yandex Map Test AGPS A-GPS UTM MGRS Maidenhead WGS84 Xtra data Datum GPS/KM VMG (Velocity Made Good)
no ads or in-app purchases
simple, clean and colourful user interface
- get extra information such as range and resolution
- record sensor values to monitor changes over time
SENSORS (availability depends on device):
- Geomagnetic Field
- Linear Accelerometer
- Rotation Vector
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- http://icons8.com/ for the launcher icon
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
Rooted users can run Fake GPS without setting "Allow mock location" option. To do that you should move "com.lexa.fakegps.apk" from "/data/app" to "/system/app" (use root explorer for that), set permission to rw-r--r-- and reboot your handset. On Android 4.4 you should move apk to "/system/priv-app" folder
+++ IMPORTANT +++:
1. You should DISABLE "Use wireless networks" options in Location settings of your phone to avoid an issue with keeping faked location even AFTER STOPPING THE APP.
2. Always run FakeGPS BEFORE running other apps to be faked otherwise they will use the default GPS sensor instead of FakeGPS's
If you find any issue - please feel fre to contact me
IMPORTANT: widget may not work on some android versions, since GPS api is closed. If you use your device for navigation, make sure you can see gps icon in notifications while you use your navigation app. You can doable check if GPS is ON by clicking on widget label, it will bring android gps settings screen.
Allows you On/Off your GPS state with only 1 click instead of 4.
To add widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->GPS OnOff
HINT: tap on widget label will take you to system settings.
Look for our AppControl application manager and ProcessManager.
- Save your track info.
- Switch between car speedometer and bike cyclometer.
- Display satellites status.
- Speed chart.
- Map integration,get your location.
If you have a translation suggestions, please contact me！
GPS Coordinates is a free app with no ads! We value your privacy so this app does not collect location data nor does it store any location data or history anywhere.
Please note that this app requires access to your fine location in order to use GPS. We do not collect or store your location data anywhere.
Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
- Save your track info,Record gpx file(it will be saved in "sdcard/DigitalDashboardGPS/gpx/")..
- Switch between car speedometer and bike cyclometer.
- Switch between mph or km/h mode.
- Display satellites status.
- Map integration,get your location.
You can use the application to:
-To complement the manufacturer's technical information.
-To compare the technical differences between more than 600 models of devices on the market.
-Test the proper functioning of all your sensors.
-Measure the accuracy of each sensor.
-To get the most out of your Smartphone.
-To check the GPS signal, camera, compass, accelerometer, microphone, speakers, WiFi signals, Bluetooth, GSM / UMTS, FM Radio, Display, Battery, CPU, Memory, Vibration, USB, Audio / Video , operating system, light sensor, proximity sensor, temperature sensor, flash sensor, NFC near field comunication, Barometer, the detection of Navstar satellites in the constellation jointly and individually, .. etc..
Please do not hesitate to send your comments to:
New infrared sensor added.
New virtual sensor step detector added.
New virtual sensor step counter added.
Camera detection bugs (force close) solved.
Log report bug corrected.
Updated camera api to level 15 (Android ICS 4.0.4).
Several bugs corrected.
Hygrometer sensor added (relative humidity.
4 new "Virtual" sensors added:
-Gravity (Gravity acceleration measure)
-Gyroscope (device angular speed measure)
-Angular Acceleration (Device Orientation relative to a tangent to earth plane coordinate system)
-Lineal acceleration (3 axis acceleration measure without gravity effect).
Added a 2D graphic representation of several sensors.
3D graphis added to several sensors.
Numerical calc. for highest sensors rate.
Several bugs corrected.
- Added support for NFC.
- Added support for Ant+ devices.
-Added in a test GPS accuracy to meet itself.
The block-GPS can check what Navstar satellite constellation are giving you coverage at all times and know the detailed specifications of each.
Corrected minor bugs.
- Added test pressure sensor of the touch screen.
- Detection of multimedia chip.
- Detection of version ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture).
- Detection of process model.
- Detection of the number of processors.
- Detection of the processor frequency.
- Added OpenGL version detection.
- Added detection of OpenGL graphics chip.
- The flash works on some models.
- Maps are now bigger.
- Looks better on more devices!
- Improved response rate for reverse geocoding (technical language for "address finding"). Thanks to Cameron Hall of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Basile Laderchi, Athens, Greece for some great user feedback and suggestions.
Using the GPS, you will be able to do the next tests:
-Time elapsed in accelerate from 0 to 30, 45, 60 and 75 mph (or to 50, 75, 100 and 125 km/h).
-Meters covered in 10, 20 and 30 seconds.
-Time elapsed in cover 500 and 1000 meters.
-Time elapsed in brake from the actual speed to 0.
•Lap time: you will be asked to set the start/finish point, and every time this position is detected, a new lap will start. At the end, you'll have some statics:
-Best lap time.
-Number of laps.
Once you finish a test, you'll see your results with some statics and a map with your route. You could save all the results to check your own records whenever you want.
·Device's sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass...
·Wifi: internal & external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
·Telephony: signal, network type, external IP...
·GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, speed...
·Battery: health, level of charge...
·Multitouch screen: how many fingers recognize your device?(not available in Android 1.6)
Also displays system information about hardware and software like CPU properties, RAM, storage, kernel version, screen, ...