Get off the Rome-Florence-Venice beaten path and discover la dolce vita, slow style. If you're dreaming of three-hour meals on cobblestone terraces overlooking rolling hills, fields of wildflowers surrounding ancient mountain hamlets, and hotel stays in medieval abbeys (all without the crowds of Tuscany), start planning with this insider's guide to Umbria.
••• PRAISE FOR UMBRIA SLOW •••
About.com: Italy Travel
When I started browsing Umbria Slow: Food, Culture, and Travel, I couldn't put it down. This expertly written app is not a dry travel guide full of facts but a real look at what makes Umbria special, from top sights to unique local favorites and insider tips.
Their enthusiasm for the region is contagious; their casual frankness ... makes you feel like you’re being guided along by a friend.
Great sections listing cooking classes, wine tastings, outdoor sports and places to stay -- no need to lug around a big guidebook!
••• WHY BUY THIS APP •••
Your authors of the only English-language Umbria travel app have spent the past decade writing hundreds and hundreds of pages about Umbria for guidebooks, articles and blogs.
••• BENEFITS OF UMBRIA SLOW •••
* Easily sort reviews by category, name, average price, distance or area
* Helpful step-by-step entries (with photos) on how to pay for parking, order in a restaurant or purchase produce in grocery stores
* Peruse our 'Travel Tips' category for our calendar of events, weather tips, history timeline, and advice on traveling with children
* Browse almost 1000 photos, an average of four per entry
* Become a part of the Umbria Slow community by sharing comments or joining our Facebook page
••• WHAT'S INSIDE THIS APP? •••
* Visit Perugino family-run artisan workshops dating back 150 years
* Discover the secret to making the most out of your visit to the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
* Stay in romantic B&Bs, farm holiday 'agriturismos,' a rural castle, or one of several medieval monasteries
* Join English-led cooking classes, truffle hunts and wine tours
* Ride horseback through vineyards or scoot around a zero-emission winery in your own electric cart
★ About the Authors ★
Alex fell in love with Umbria in 1998 and became a freelance travel writer the following year (coincidence?). Out of the 25 books she has worked on for Lonely Planet, Alex penned all four editions of Umbria for Lonely Planet's Tuscany & Umbria and wrote the Umbria & Marche chapters for the Italy book for three editions. In addition to her position as Editorial Director for Gogobot.com, Alex works as a freelance writer, board game co-inventor and writing coach.
Rebecca moved to Italy from Chicago in 1993 and shortly thereafter opened an agriturismo in a renovated farmhouse at the foot of Mount Subasio near Assisi, Umbria. She spends her time taking care of guests at Brigolante, blogging about the lovely region she now calls home at Rebecca’s Ruminations and on Umbria on the Blog, and wondering about what strange winds blew an urban vegetarian to a farm in Umbria.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose on Bella Umbria all solutions for your stay and book now!
All the days events and happenings from the regions 92 Comuni at your fingertips.
Read articles, complete programmes of the main events and surf the regional news divided into 19 categories:
> Competitions and Prizes
> Dance and Ballet
> Meetings and Conferences
> New Book Arrivals
> Typical Products Fairs
> Food and Wine
> Where to Dinner?
An easy-to-use function enables you to search for news by single Comune.
Explore a wealth of other information including photos, videos and more to help you fully enjoy Umbria.
The application can be used throughout Italy, and is particularly useful for planning your holiday in Umbria.
A helpful guide enables you to search for addresses, telephone numbers, emails and websites, besides being able to employ the GPS location system to find nearby venues and get directions with Google Maps.
The surfing menu is easy to personalise and is organised in categories:
> Around me
> Special Price
> Photo Gallery
Some categories have subcategories in which it is possible to find the following kinds of information from the regions 92 Comuni in direct contact with operators:
> City Guide
> Points of Interest
> Restaurants and Nightlife
> Properties for Sale
> Properties to Let
> Search Results According to Positioning
> Updated Weather Forecasts
> Photo Galleries
> Videos and Interviews
From 2010 consult the Special Price section with holiday offers in Umbria directly from the tourist operators.
Welcome to Umbria !
La nostra applicazione offre:
- La visualizzazione della mappa e posizione degli eventi del festival
- La possibilità di raggiungere un evento dalla tua posizione con un semplice click
- Informazioni per data e tipologia di evento