Quitting cannabis or even cutting down can be really tough – especially if you use it regularly. But if you’ve made the decision to leave weed behind or reduce your use, the Joint Effort app is a way you can monitor your progress, track your mood, use and spend, and even join up with someone else who’s quitting so you can motivate and support each other.
- Complete the assessment form to get the big picture on how much you use, and how much money you can save by cutting down or quitting.
-Identify your reasons for quitting and compare them to your reasons for using, so you can be completely clear on why you’re leaving weed behind.
- Set your quit date for now or later, based on what’s happening in your life.
- You’ll be provided with a suggested reduction schedule that will mean no cold turkey challenges, and an easier path to cutting down or quitting.
- Each day, receive a tip that will help keep you on track, or inspire activities that will help you manage and beat cravings.
- Keep an eye on your progress chart, which shows trends in spend, mood and use, and offers you tips based on whether you’re staying on track or not.
- Use your private journal entries to record how you’re feeling and progressing and keep a record of your reduction/quitting journey.
- Find or nominate a buddy to support and motivate you, and share team milestone rewards that help keep you on track.
For information about cannabis, visit ncpic.org.au or for advice and support, call the cannabis helpline on 1800 30 40 50