Touch Calendar works with Google Calendar and any other calendars your phone supports.
This is the full version including widgets to show your calendar directly on your phone's home screen.
Also features calendar search and custom repeating events (e.g. biweekly, bimonthly).
Touch Calendar is easy to use:
- double-tap or pinch-zoom to zoom in
- tap an event to see its details, then press MENU to edit or delete it
- tap-and-hold on a date to add a new event
- touch to scroll the calendar as much as you want, both forwards and backwards
- jump to today, or to any date from the menu
- calendar search by pressing your phone’s search button or from the menu
- set the font size and default zoom level from the Settings
- widgets so you can see your calendar on the home screen, or on the lockscreen if you have Android 4.2
Zoom and scroll your calendar with complete freedom!
Note: Text colour for events comes from the calendar colour. Set up different calendar colours in Google Calendar and they'll appear in Touch Calendar automatically.
* smooth scroll- and zoomable multi-day view (1-14 days)
* graphical and textual presentation
* month, agenda, day and event view
* color-coded year view
* quickly fade in/out calendars using the favorite bar
* search function
* drag&drop functionality
* tasks organizer for Google Tasks and Toodledo (with free add-on)
* configurable widgets in different sizes for month, week, agenda and day view
* easy switching between timeline bars and event titles in month view
* intuitive new handling option: just move your finger over some days of interest in month view to open them in the multi-day view
* quick day overview when adding a new event
* many options for recurrent events (e.g. to add a recurrent event that takes place every other week on Tuesday and Thursday)
* option to link a contact to an event
* option to create templates for events
* multi-selection mode to delete, move or copy multiple events at the same time
* configurable font sizes for the app and the widgets
* option to select individual calendars for each widget
* 11 different widget design themes
* light and dark theme for the app
* import/export function for calendar files in the popular iCalendar format (.ics, .ical)
* context-sensitive help system to optimize your work with Business Calendar
There also is a free ad-supported version of Business Calendar, we recommend to test the free version before buying the paid one.
Please do not move the application to the sd card if you want to use the widgets (general limitation of the Android operating system)!
You can use our own Business Calendar reminders or the reminders of the stock calendar application to get alarm messages for your events! If you use our own reminders please remember to disable the alarm messages of the stock calendar application!
Big changes to preferences means you cannot update automatically. This is a one time upgrade and will not happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Today is a set of minimal, transparent calendar widgets for Android. It includes both an Agenda view, and a Monthly view for display your events.
Today syncs with your Google Calendar to show your upcoming events in a beautiful list/grid, on both your home screen and your lock screen. Today Calendar widgets support both a Agenda style calendar widget, aswell as a grid styled calendar widget.
Choose which calendars you would like to show, and over what timeframe and Today will handle the rest.
Today is fully resizable, and has both a light and dark theme so it can integrate seamlessly into and home screen layout you're currently using.
aCalendar+ gives you many additional calendar features and your purchase supports further development and helps protecting the endangered Mountain Tapir.
EXTRA FEATURES (aCalendar+ only)
● Agenda view
● scalable and scrollable agenda widget (Android 4, lockscreen-capable)
● Public holidays (add from calendar list) for AT,AU,BE,BR,CA,CH,CZ,DE,DK,ES,FI,FR,GR,HU,IE,IT,JP,LU,MX,NL,NZ,NO,PL,PT,RU,SE,TR,UA,UK,US
● Link calendar events to contacts
● text and file sharing option
● More color themes (4 light + 4 dark themes, Android 4)
● Privacy and availibility settings
● Create new local calendars (Android 4)
● Manage attendees and invitations
● Drag'n'Drop in day view (Android 4, double-tap and hold)
● Samsung S Pen / Stylus Support (AirView & Navigation, no painting!)
● Autocomplete for inputs (location only so far)
● SMS and email reminders for Google Calendar (Android 4)
♥ Helps protecting the endangered Mountain Tapir. Tapir Apps is a key corporate sponsor of World Land Trust http://www.worldlandtrust.org - we donate 10% of our share of the app price for rainforest conservation.
● intuitive navigation with smooth transitions
● day, week & month calendar
● Fullscreen widgets
● flexible recurrences like every 3 weeks, every 17 days, or every Mon, Wed and Fri
● 48 colors per calendar, 12 per-event colors if supported by the calendar (Android 4.1+ with Google Calendar only)
● custom event font size
● birthdays & anniversaries with photos from your addressbook and editing
● uses Android's native calendar backend and synchronization
● no battery drain through polling
● moon phases and zodiac signs for birthdays
● QR barcode sharing of events
● 12/24h clock honoring system settings
● optimized text display and improved line-break
● move forward and backward in the calendar by swiping vertically or volume rocker
● switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
● tap to open a calendar event
● long-press to add new calendar event
● long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
● tap on photo to open quick contact menu
● 3-finger-tap to go to today
● Drag'n'Drop: tap plus long press in day view (use volume rocker to change day)
On top of the basic calendar and contact permissions also necessary for the free aCalendar version, aCalendar+ also asks for Internet. Internet will be used in the future for Google Tasks and potentially other services. aCalendar+ respects your privacy and will NEVER send any of your private data anywhere unless configured by YOU. 'Send Email to guests' is bound to 'write calendar data' by Android.
aCalendar+ is translated into more than 25 languages, mostly by volunteers - please let me know if there is a bad translation somewhere or you want to add your language.
♥ If you like aCalendar+, please show your support by rating 5-stars and recommending it to your friends ♥
Unfortunately app2SD cannot be supported, because homescreen widgets do not work from SD. This is an Android limitation. But aCalendar+ is optimized not only for speed but also for a small memory footprint.
aCalendar+ is still beta software. If you find a bug please send an email to email@example.com and I'll try to fix it. If you just write a comment it is difficult to get back to you.
ROADMAP (Planned features)
● Native alarm issuing with snooze and quick actions
● Custom notification times
● Year view
● alternative calendar system support (Bahá'í, Chinese, Ethiopian, Hebrew, Indian, Iranian/Persian, Islamic/Hijri, Thai, Zoroastrian)
Calendar, Kalender, Agenda, Kalendář, Calendrier, Ημερολόγιο, カレンダー, 캘린더, 日历, تقويم ,יומן, कैलेंडर, Kalenteri, Takvim, Kalendar, Calender, Kalendarz, Naptár, календарь, Kalendorius, Birthday, Anniversary
When you're mobile, your calendar app's main focus is to show you what's happening now.
Agenda is a beautifully designed calendar for your Android phone that gives you various "at a glance" views. We've stripped away all the stuff you don't need, so you can more quickly manage your day.
Agenda support devices running Android 4.0 and above. It uses the calendar settings from your device, so all calendars in the Android calendar will be available in Agenda.
+ At a glance layout
+ Fast event creation
+ Views for the year, month, week, day, and event
+ Amazing widget that includes event creation
+ “Jump To Day” picker to fly to a date of choice
+ Swipes & gestures to quickly change views
+ Tappable email addresses, URLs, addresses, etc.
+ Syncs using your device's calendar settings
"Android for Android gives you a clean, minimalist view of all of your appointments and calendars."
"For form and function, Agenda's among the best we've seen."
— Android Central
"Agenda Calendar for Android is the most to-the-point calendar app we’ve ever seen."
— Redmond Pie
"Who says android apps are ugly? A prime case of superb usability coupled with stylish design."
— Brian Russell
=====GET IN TOUCH==============
Have a question or concern about the app? Have a feature request? Visit the Agenda site at http://savvyapps.com/agenda/android, where we have a FAQ that addresses 98% of all questions.
Also Calendar+ provides quick add feature which enables users to add a new event in the blink of an eye. With Calendar+ you can add a new event with text or with voice input. Our natural language parsing engine understands various date and time formats and makes adding a new event easier than ever before. You can also:
- Add a new event with voice input
- Add a new event through text
- Create, edit, and delete events
- Attach and see event-related photos
- Attach and see event-related map
- Switch week start day while seeing events
- Switch current custom view settings while seeing events
- Get notified of events ahead of time
- Send an email to all invited guests
- View events through various home widgets
- Change event timezone when traveling
- See daily events count through agenda view
- Filter calendars to display while seeing events
- Search events by event title
- See recently searched location on map view
- Set default calendar to add a new event (on quick add view and all edit views)
- Hide declined events
- Set up notifications & reminders settings (popup, sound, vibration setting)
- Set up default reminder time
- Add a new google calendar account
- Long-press a date or a time and quickly add a new event
- See event title and location on a monthly/weekly/biweekly/3-week/4-week calendar
- Specify various recurrence rules such as "every 3 months on day 15, 5 times" etc.
- Tap a date on home widget and view event information or add a new event
and much more...
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/calendarplusapp
Future updates will include the following:
- Google Tasks integration
- More notifications & reminders settings
- More home widgets
- Home widget configuration
- Enhanced custom views
- Agenda view context menu
- Facebook integration
and much more...
***Latest update (2.4.8): Major ad spamming issue fixed, switched to a different ad provider. As requested by many users, we have also released a completely ad-free pro version of Simple Calendar, get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.calendarpro***
Features and Configuration Options Include:
- Font style and background customization
- Select which application opens on click
- Fonts, colors, text size
- Supports tasks using Dato and GTasks
- How do I place the widget on my homescreen?
Long-press your homescreen, choose "widgets," find "Simple Calendar Widget," and drag it to the homescreen. On most Android 4.0 devices, widgets can be found under the "Widgets" tab in app drawer.
- I can't find Simple Calendar in my widget list!
Try restarting your device.
- How do I resize the widget?
Android 3.0+ supports resizing of widgets by default. For older Android versions this can be done by installing an alternate launcher.
- How do I show the weather forecast on the widget?
On your desktop Google calendar, just add weather. For instructions, search Google for "Weather forecasts in your calendar".
- How do I add holidays, birthdays, or sports schedules?
- Search Google for "Adding interesting dates to Google Calendar" and follow the instructions.
READ CALENDAR: Access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup to SD card
- Synced with Google calendars
- Show calendars from Google, TouchDown & Moto/LG Exchange
- Show tasks from Astrid, TickTick, AnyDo, Tasks (Team), MyPhoneExplorer, Ultimate To-Do List, TaskSync, CalenGoo, DGT Gtd, gTasks, Got To Do, Task Organizer, Due Today, TouchDown, Pocket Informant 2 and 3
- Show birthdays from contact book with plugin (no 'read contacts' permissions required in the main app)
- Can add bi-weekly / bi-monthly events (or more complex)
- Multiples skins (including fully transparent) and widgets sizes to make a fancy widget
- Scrollable widgets with Android 3.x/4.x and with most alternative launchers like ADW, LiveHome, Go Launcher Ex or LauncherPro
- Support Android up to 4.4 (ICS / Ice cream Sandwich / Jelly Bean / KitKat)
- Support Home timezone for travels
A problem ? Please, mail me for support.
To help in translations: http://koxx3.wordpress.com/2010/12/23/translation_is_now_open/
+++ scrollable widget, calendar widget, agenda widget, task widget, widgets +++
Downloaded by more than 1.7 million users!
PLEASE READ THESE DISCLAIMERS:
1. This app has no connection to any calendar like Google Calendar - for now. Please don't rate it badly because it doesn't show your appointments. The widget was never intended for it. Nevertheless, by popular demand, I will introduce a Google Calendar connection, as one of the extensions to the widget.
2. You may need to reboot your device with Android 4.x in order to see this app in the widget list. Although I introduced changes to the app sometime ago to not need this, it remains an issue for some 4.x users (all home screen widgets have to deal with this annoyance).
NEW IN 1.5.5
• Introducing extensions support: These are separate apps that bring additional features to Month Calendar Widget that you can purchase here on Google Play
The first extension is available now: Month Calendar Widget in your lockscreen! (Android 4.2+ required). Dowload it at http://goo.gl/zqXWIl
• Resizing possible with all launchers: Please note that it works only when using the "Stretch widget" option
HOW TO USE THE WIDGET
Just read the introduction screen! Tap the "How to use" button. It appears after downloading the app, if you close it just look for it in the app drawer. If you still can't getting it to work please follow the instructions at http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2013/02/how-to-put-month-calendar-widget-on.html
OK, I GOT IT, I'M USING IT AND I LIKE IT
Perfect! Then you can help me by:
• Spreading the word about the app: Tell your friends about it, specially in social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc
• Purchasing one of the extensions: I'm introducing extensions to the widget that you can purchase here on Google Play. The Lockscreen extension is the first, more will come!
• Making a donation: You can do it from the app's Settings screen or from http://mobiledevjourney.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/im-accepting-donations.html
Thanks in advance!
If you have problems installing/using the widget, have found a bug or just want to make a feature suggestion, drop me an e-mail. I appreciate your feedback. You can reach me also on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD)
Find Month Calendar Widget's source code in GitHub: https://github.com/JoseGD/MonthCalendarWidget
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays upcoming calendar events on your home screen.
If the widget doesn't show up in your launcher, reboot your device once!
Use these identifiers to change the date & time format: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- text size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- look ahead time configurable
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
- READ_CALENDAR: well, to read the calendar events...
- READ & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: backup & restore widget settings
Icon by David Moore
★C'est une application convivial, facile à utiliser, de visualisation vraiment très agréable. – ZinfosWeb.fr
★Digical est un excellent agenda sur Android, doté de widgets de qualité. – Zone Android
★Le calendrier ultra-pratique! L'application n'a pas encore de description détaillée, cependant l'équipe a attribué à celle-ci la note de 9/10. "-AppliAndroid.fr
☺ ESSAYEZ D’ABORD LA VERSION GRATUITE !
DigiCal+ est la version premium de DigiCal. En achetant DigiCal+, vous encouragez directement le développement et vous aurez accès à des fonctions réservées aux personnes payant.
FONCTIONS DE DIGICAL+ PREMIUM (VERSION PAYANTE)
★ Magnifique widget d’écran de verrouillage du mois et de l’agenda du mois
★ Sélectionnez les calendriers à afficher sur vos widgets
★ Configurez les couleurs de fond et la transparence à l'aide du sélecteur de couleur pour les widgets
★ Adaptez la taille et la couleur du texte dans les widgets
★ Thèmes supplémentaires et taille du texte prédéfinis
★ Sans publicités
☁ SYNCHRONISATION AVEC TOUS LES CALENDRIERS
DigiCal est une app de calendrier stylée et simple d’utilisation qui synchronise tous vos rendez-vous avec Google Agenda, Outlook.com et Exchange.
✪ INTERFACE UTILISATEUR INTUITIVE - ANDROID HOLO, THÈME CLAIR ET SOMBRE
L’interface utilisateur claire et intuitive est disponible pour les smartphones et les tablettes fonctionnant avec Android 2.2+.
✪ 6 AFFICHAGES DE CALENDRIER PUISSANTS ET STYLÉS
Choisissez parmi les affichages jour, semaine, agenda, mois, mois et texte, et liste, en modes portrait et paysage.
✪ 6 WIDGETS D’ECRAN DE VERROUILLAGE MAGNIFIQUES ET FACILEMENT PERSONNALISABLES
Utilisez nos 9 thèmes prédéfinis avec aperçu instantané pour personnaliser facilement la liste, la grille, le jour, la liste des jours, le mois et le calendrier du mois des widgets.
✈ RECHERCHE DE LIEUX INTÉGRÉE UNIQUE
Ajouter un endroit à votre rendez-vous n’a jamais été aussi simple. Saisissez simplement le nom de l’endroit (café, magasin et parc), et DigiCal cherchera l’adresse et l’enregistrera pour vous.
✈ INTÉGRATION AVEC GOOGLE NOW
Google Now (Android 4.1+) sait où vous devez aller, si vous enregistré l’endroit. Elle garde un œil sur la circulation en cours, planifie votre trajet et vous avertit lorsque vous devez partir.
✈ NOTIFICATIONS AMÉLIORÉES
Nos notifications sont mises à niveau avec des raccourcis pour la mise en veille, les cartes et la navigation.
❤ TRADUITE EN 27 LANGUES
☼ PRÉVISIONS MÉTÉO MONDIALES GRATUITES
- Prévisions météo mondiales disponibles avec tous les affichages du calendrier et types de widget, pour aujourd’hui et les deux prochains jours.
- Infos météo détaillées
☼ SOUSCRIPTION PREMIUM AUX PRÉVISIONS MÉTÉO
- Prévisions météo horaires détaillées pour les prochaines 48 heures, et trois par heure pour les 15 prochains jours.
- Graphique interactif des températures et des précipitations.
- Gestion simple des endroits : choisissez et enregistrez vos endroits préférés.
☎ Recherchez-vous de l’aide ou voulez-vous nous dire ce que vous pensez de notre DigiCal ? N’hésitez pas à nous contacter à l’adresse firstname.lastname@example.org.
☺ Pour les didacticiels et la FAQ, veuillz consulter notre page d’assistance : https://digibites.zendesk.com/hc
�L’autorisation de lecture des contacts est nécessaire pour pouvoir inviter des participants, sans cela, nous ne pouvons tout simplement pas compléter automatiquement le nom des participants et achever le courriel, ni afficher la photo de leur profil dans les évènements auxquels ils sont invité.
�Pour plus d'informations, s'il vous plaît visitez: http://bit.ly/1oq9i4C
Also, check out SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts to sync your iCloud contacts!
Important note for Android 4.1 and Samsung users: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app (before you install SmoothSync):
As of Android 4.2 this issue is fixed and the workaround no longer necessary (except on Samsung devices), please uninstall it.
Get support and news via email or via Twitter at https://twitter.com/SmoothSync
The app is designed to be as user friendly as possible. So, just enter your account data, select your calendar and SmoothSync will keep your calendars in sync.
This app will create new calendars on your device (one for each calendar in your iCloud account). It will not sync calendars of other account (like Google) to iCloud.
Please, if you find a bug send me an email. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it.
Important! If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can't handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
The last screen shot shows the calendar selection dialog of the event editor of the stock calendar app.
Thanks to the guys at http://www.busymac.com/ for their support!!
* supports multiple accounts
* supports reminders if this app is installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks
* multiple calendars per account
* automatic calendar discovery
* automatic sync of calendar colors and names
* syncs multiple alarms
* time zone support
* customizable sync interval (default: 4h, local changes will be synced almost immediately)
* synchronizes entire calendar
* encrypts passwords
* no "push" support (yet)
iCloud and Apple are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The author of this app is not related to Apple in any way.
If widget doesn't show, try putting it on another free screen, this usually does the trick.
The app supports many languages including English, Deutsch, Italiano and Espanol as well as many other languages.
*The paid version also supports English, Italiano, Espanol and Deutsch and all languages that the free version does, and has a very fast and easy google sync plus many more widgets. Enjoy!
The most simple and easy to use calendar and tasklist!
Paid version with flawless google sync and with many more widgets out now!
It's the perfect calendar app.
Try the free one for the moment! Thank you.
A simple and clean user interface. The main focus for the app is the quick and clean interface to make your business and personal life more effective.
I wanted to create an app that makes setting appointments and keeping a tasklist easy, fast and user friendly without trouble or not knowing how to do.
Only the weekly widget is included in the free app.
The free version doesn't include google syncing options or monthly and daily widgets.
If there are any issues then please send me an e-mail and I will fix it. I cannot answer the comments.
If you like the app then please take a couple of seconds of your time and rate it, thanks.
If you have a TaskKiller App, please lock Calendar One App and let it run in the background, this does not drain any battery. It's for the widget to update properly.
Salient Features of the Calendar One App
1. Calendar with Monthly View, Weekly View and Daily View
2. Add, Edit and Delete Events. Option to mark important and finished events with a preferable colour.
3. Sync Events with Google Calendar (paid version)
4. Informative and easy visible Monthly View with a clean interface.
5. Supports Landscape Mode
6. Add, Edit and Delete Tasks
7. Suppports Multiple Languages
8. Customised Alerts for your Events
9. Wide range of Widgets are available (updates every 30 minutes by itself. Does not drain battery) . (Only the weekly widget is available for the free version. Paid version will feature monthly widget, task widget and daily widget.)
The Calendar one app writes error codes onto the memory/SD card and hence the permission " storage " is required to update the calendar's contents.
-- Fully customizable colors of any items
-- Paging by year and by month
-- Synchronizing with Google-calendar
- One month: 2*2, 3*3, 4*4, 5*5;
- Two month 2*4, 4*2
- Three month 2*5, 5*2
- Six month 4*3, 5*3
- Year 4*4, 4*5, 5*5 (slow redraw, please wait)
-- Full screen mode
-- The first day of the week to choose from - Monday or Sunday
-- English, Russian, German, France, Italian languages
Choice first month of the year,
-- Show weeknums
-- Check days
-- Many other
Synchronizing with Google-calendar:
- At settings you can find 2 calendar groups, where you can choose color and calendars to show.
- After set those groups drawing by underline in widgets and main form.
- At check-dates form you can find events for this day and go to system form to change it.
Additional widgets for Google Calendar with sync
The application is handy on many occasions, especially when driving or when using a small screen.
★ PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENTS ON THE MARKET ★
We need it to improve the app.
/** THIS APP CAN ONLY BE RUN IN ENGLISH OR ITALIAN OR ESPANOL **/
Just by pressing a key and naturally saying your appointment, the program will transform it into an event and insert it into the calendar on the system.
HOW IT WORKS:
All you have to do is press the microphone design and say your appointment.
"booking flight August 15th at 10 a.m."
"dentist appointment, 24th of September at 2 p.m."
"meeting, November 25th 8:30 p.m."
"John’s birthday, Thursday "
"John’s party, 10 p.m."
“lunch with John, October 8th at 12 p.m.”
“Carl’s birthday, September 21st at midnight”
“lunch with John, tomorrow at noon”
“dinner with John, tomorrow”
YOU CAN USE:
Tomorrow, noon, midnight, midday. Week days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday… etc.)
IF YOU USE THE WIDGET PLEASE do not use MOVE TO SD, ANDROID WIDGET DOES NOT SUPPORT, move the app to the phone.
Voice Calendar may give some problem with calendar other than Stock Android Calendar.
Voice Calendar works with Android Stock Calendar and also with some 3rd party calendar as Business Calendar, may not works with others calendar app.
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.
The application uses Google's speech recognition, therefore, to function properly needs the data connection of your Android.
The quality of the phrase interpretation works together with Google's voice recognition service therefore a good result can be achieved depending on the service quality provided by Google, our algorithm tries to eliminate all possible misinterpretations of the voice.
If the program can't recognize a phrase, please send us an email through our "send feedback" button, pointing out the problem, Android version and your smartphone make and model.
The Voice Recognition function must be installed and run in english language (Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Voice recognizer settings -> Language -> SET ENGLISH LANGUAGE AS DEFAULT)
We want to deserve 5 stars.
Please contact us with any suggestions you may have.
Don’t hesitate to let us know about any bugs
More from developer
*Multiple widget sizes (4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4, 5x5)
*Pages through events
*Adjustable background colors, transparency, and style (rounded or squared)
*Ability to choose the number of events shown, and displayed per page
*Ability to choose horizontal or vertical layouts
*Ability to format time and date to user's liking
*Ability to change text size, color, and style
*Ability to select which calendars are shown
*Ability to group events (vertical layout only)
*Several options for how events and dates are displayed
*Open calendar on event press (some phones)
*Users can request features and report bugs
*Better support for custom home launchers
How to use:
Simple Calendar Pro must be added as a widget by going to the home screen and selecting menu-->add-->widgets and then the size of your choice. After selecting a widget, you will be prompted with some configuration settings. After making setting changes, the widget may not have the correct number of events shown. There might be extra space, or events might be hanging off the bottom. This is easy to fix. You can adjust the fonts and number of rows to fit within the widget. Now when changing between portrait and landscape the events will be formatted with the correct number. This might need a couple tries to get right.
Like the old look?
Try setting the background to rounded, adding today's date, and using a horizontal layout!
If you have any problems please send a log report from the settings menu.