'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is a music theory app that will train you to think your way around musical keys. You will learn what all the three and four note chords are within all 12 major, natural minor, harmonic minor and melodic minor scales - an extremely useful skill for any musician!
After installing 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys', choose the scale that you would like to work on (major, natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor) and the chord types (triads or sevenths). The app will then display a key and a Roman numeral chord number; you then have to work out what the chord within your chosen scale.
A summary of all the relevant music theory of chords within each of the scales is included in the help pages. With practice, you will know what all the fundamental three and four note chords are in each of the four scales, in all keys, and you will be a better musician because of it.
- No ads
- Low cost
- No gimmicks
- Simple clear layout
- No music-reading skills required!
This app is ideal for guitarists, pianist, brass players, wind players, strings players, singers and just about anyone that would like to improve their knowledge of music theory, chords and keys; whether you play rock, pop, jazz or classical music. 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is created by guitarist and music educator Stuart Bahn to help music students improve their musical knowledge even whilst away from their instruments.
Download 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' now make your move towards music theory mastery.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are in any way dissatisfied with this app, contact us within 24 hours of purchase for an immediate refund.
This app is designed to run on all Android smartphones. Because there are nearly 2000 different Android devices in the world, we can't test them all! If you do have a technical problem with your device, please don't leave a bad review, it's far more useful for all of us if you just let us know. We'll then do our best to address it asap or refund your payment.
Thanks and enjoy!
Visual design of this application is based on similar one "Music Sheet Workout" by aTekkie. Added some missing features like tenor key, Italian note naming, etc.
Music Sight Reading is an Open Source application. Source code of application is published under GNU GPL v3 licence and can be downloaded from GitHub:
Great for guitarists! Improving your pitch recognition ability will also improve your ability to recognize musical modes, keys, and scale degrees. Tired of reading guitar tabs? Train your ear with Perfect Pitch and you won't have to! Can't figure out that cool guitar riff? Enhance your musical ear and you'll know exactly what notes to play! Put away your guitar chord charts because you won't need them anymore!
Great for pianists too! Having trouble with sheet music? Can't seem to master sight-reading? No problem! With Perfect Pitch, you can learn to play by ear and identify chords and complex melodies with ease!
Invest in your musical future today!
The app contains two instruments:
1. Acoustic Grand Piano [C1-C6]
2. Nylon String Guitar [C2-C6]
In the settings, you can:
+ Configure Accidentals
+ Choose an instrument
+ Configure note transposition
+ Enable octaves independently
+ Enable notes independently
Note: The term Perfect Pitch in music theory is also known as Absolute Pitch
Learn to play any instrument and how to read music is a difficult task that requires lots of practice. But the practice don't have to be boring. Rhythm teacher it's the perfect tool for your music education. This rhythm game teaches you how to read music in a fun and easy way. It's perfect for your rhythm training! With a bit of practice on every level you'll learn that sight reading is easier than you thought. It's like having a music school on your device.
In this application you'll learn from how many beats are contained in each bar and which note value is given to one beat, to advanced concepts in reading music. Improve your music sight reading with the exercises ranging from easy 4/4 simple rhythms to complex compasses of two rhythmic lines at the same time. This app includes the definition for every music concept introduced in increasing difficulty, from beginner to pro.
Also, you can log into your Google play account to measure your progress with other players.
• Simple and understandable explanation for every new music rhythm concept introduced.
• Fun rhythm game experience for practicing the exercises that will teach you how to read music.
• Polyrhythm exercises with two lines at the same time.
• Gradual progression on the difficulty of the music theory concepts introduced.
• Leader-board with the scores acquired to watch your progress.
• Can be used by any number of different users.
• Google play support to post your scores online.
• A new way to practice for your instrument: Piano, violin, guitar... Even if you are a drummer/percussionist.
★ Note and rest duration: whole (semibreve), half (minim), quarter (crotchet ), eighth (quaver), sixteenth (semiquaver).
★ Dotted notes.
★ Tied notes.
★ Off-beat notes.
★ Simple time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4...
★ Compound time signatures: 6/8, 9/8...
* Inglés: Rhythm Teacher
* Español: Ritmo y solfeo.
Please, contact us if you have any problems with the app, or if you want to give us feedback!
You can find information about:
• Circle of fifths
• Note values
• Symbols (dynamics, articulation etc.)
There are four different exercises available:
• Intervals - listening exercise
• Chords - listening exercise
• Note Reading - reading exercise (treble and bass clef)
• Intervals - reading exercise
Everything is free except "hard" and "expert" for the exercises. To unlock those difficulties you need to purchase the full version of Music Theory Helper. You can purchase the full version from inside the app. We really appreciate if would do so.
In-app purchases - Our app requires this permission, so you can purchase the full version, which unlocks some extra features for the app. This is a great way to show us that you appreciate our work ;)
This app uses:
It was developed by two college professors who employed network modeling to help clarify how many of the basic concepts in music are connected by simple, interrelated patterns.
ScaleNet's melody-game incorporates a large library of diverse melodic phrases which provide a constantly changing "real world" note-ID environment. The skill sets developed through the use of ScaleNet are applicable to Traditional, Popular, EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Classical music.
ScaleNet provides interactive learning spaces associated with:
--Keys and their graphic layout on the staff (mirrored in touch-pads).
--Simple key relationships: Major, relative minor and parallel minor.
--Complex key relationships--and how harmonic progressions are nested within their natural order.
--Note identification employing treble, alto, and bass clefs within all keys in a timed play-environment.
--Ear-training through simple additive melodic phrases which are spontaneously sequenced
and which can be used for interval identification.
--Post-game statistics which allow the user to track ongoing progress.
ScaleNet's simple, intuitive, interface allows the user to focus on musical processes and ideas.
ScaleNet's "key-sphere" technology redefines the traditional circle of 5ths revealing new harmonic relationships.
ScaleNet's ear-training and sight-reading game integrates key information through touch-pad mirroring.
• single notes
• intervals up to octave
• chords including 7th, open voicing, inversions...
• scales including all major scale modes, neapolitan scales...
Many different clefs (treble, bass, soprano, baritone, mezzo-soprano...)
Use Practice or Test mode.
This installment features more ways to customize your exercises including creating your own scales and chords, rhythm training exercises, and more coming soon wrapped up in a beautifully designed perfectly smooth application.
- Interval exercises
- Scale exercises
- Chord exercises
- Rhythm exercises
- Melodic Dictation
- Theory articles
- Scale Dictionary
- Absolute pitch training exercises: identify a note, sing a note
- Custom exercises, custom scales, custom chords
Each exercise can be performed on piano or guitar.
What are the permissions for?
- Accounts - app needs to securely access our servers to retrieve exercises data. For maximum security, a Google OAuth is used. None of your personal data is stored on the server and account information is required only to establish a secure connection. In future versions accounts will be used to enable synchronization of your progress between all your devices.
- Internet - app needs to access internet in order to update exercises data. Updates are infrequent and have extremely small download size.
- Network state - application needs to check network availability in order to maximize efficiency of its battery consumption.
Attention! Users from Sweden with Nexus 4 4.4.4. If you're experiencing random touches issue in portrait orientation - please contact our support email.
Contains a set of exercises for ear training:
- 7 Exercise types
- Scale viewer tool
- Absolute pitch trainer tool
- Different instruments: piano, guitar, bass
Review by AndroidTapp.com:
"Perfect Ear is an ideal app for a musical enthusiast who want to improve their accuracy in identifying musical sounds. It’s easy to use, features a beautiful user interface and lots of exercises and tests."
Free version limitations:
- Less tasks in each section
- Limited support
Many thanks to a great musician Stephen Chadwick (http://www.stephenchadwick.com) for his help with samples for the "Realistic Piano" plugin!
This application was NOT developed by Social Jitney as they claim on their site. Developer and designer of the app is Alexander Osmanov. Social Jitney is using other developers successful apps to promote their services.
ear training, solfeggio, solfege, music, musician, singing, aural skills, music education, pitch training
- Efficient music theory courses to teach you how to read music notes fast and easily.
- Logical learning - A coach system guiding through the learning step by step.
- A flexible approach on music notes - with Letter or Latin names.
- Practical exercises on the staves simulating real situation to optimize your learning.
- Improvement of ears through identification of notes
The quiz games included in MTSR work this way:
1) The program ask a question, which is shown on a panel (question panel)
2) The user answers, using another panel (answer panel). If the answer is correct, a sound is played, corresponding to the question made; if not, a failure sound is played.
These are the included games:
1) Read staff: The programs draws a staff in question panel, and a note in its position. The user must answer with a keyboard (piano or buttons)
2) Write staff: The program shows a note name in question panel. The user must answer using the answer panel (which draws a staff) dragging the note to its correct height.
3) Key signature: The program shows a staff with some key signature, and the user must answer, choosing such key within a keyboard.
** Game modes
1) Timed tests: during the selected time interval, the user answers questions. Correct and wrong answers are accounted, and when the time is over, a score (based on correct&wrong answers and time) is shown.
2) Study: the user answers questions without any time limit. In this mode, the "Learn" button is available, and it changes program behaviour.
3) Learn: in this mode, the user touches the answer panel, and the program shows the question (or questions) which would have been answered by given answer.
** Notation Systems
- English (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- Italian (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si)
- German (C, D, E, F, G, A, H)
** Time options
Game time can be chosen. If "0" is chosen, the game has no time limit and "Learn" mode can be activated.
Stored results from previous tests can be shown.
** Key and Range options
Three clef types can be chosen:
1) Treble clef
2) Bass clef
3) Grand clef (union of Treble and Bass clefs)
For every one of the three clef types, a range can be chosen:
a) predefined, to be choosen between 6 ranges
b) manually defined by user
** Accidental options
There are three accidental modes:
1) Natural: only natural notes are to be asked
2) Simple: natural, flats and sharp notes can be asked
3) Key signature: questions are made, in the context of a key.
Natural mode has no associated options.
Simple accidentals asks natural or accidental notes. The user can choose between only sharps, only flats or both.
Key Signature mode lets the user choose one or more keys. If more than one key is chosen, every new question changes the key randomly.
In this mode, the user can choose between two question filters:
A) Diatonic: only notes belonging to the current key are asked.
B) Chromatic: any note will be asked (whether or not it belongs to current key).
** General options
For "Read Staff" game, the user can choose the type of keyboard for answering:
1) Piano keyboard (with or without note names on keys)
2) Buttons with note names.
The main difference between both keyboards lies on enharmonic notes.
With piano there is no difference between, for example, F# and Gb, but with buttons, they can be differenciated.
Sound volume is adjustable (and muteable)
User can choose the program behaviour when asking a question wrongly:
A) A new question is made, even when previous one has not been correctly answered.
B) The same question is repeated, until the users answers correctly.
MTSR is designed to work in any screen orientation (portrait, landscape), and screen sizes (phone, 7" tablet, 10" tablet). Help is included.
Learn and enjoy with MSTR!
Created by Berklee College of Music Alumna and multi-state certified teacher Elizabeth Farrell. Most music flash cards give beginners too many notes to learn and memorize. Instead of helping, students become more confused! As a teacher, she has seen this confusion many times and knows memorizing fewer notes at first is always better and easier.
Simplified and streamlined, this app will give you the foundation needed to learn music notes that will help you progress in your music education. It couldn't be easier to learn your music notes with this app today.
- Music instrument memory game with 3 levels
- No advertisement
- Beautiful and eye catching pictures
- Professional pronunciation (American)
- Simple and intuitive navigation
- Switch sound and voice on/off
A perfect sound touch kids book with pronunciation / voice for early learning on your phone or tablet. The app is specifically designed with toddlers or babies in mind with a simple and intuitive navigation between the different pictures.
The app uses real pictures which is much easier for your baby to relate to compared to drawings or animated images.
For non native English speaking the app can be used to teach your child the sound and names of the trumpet, guitar, drums, violin, cello, harmonica, bass and thereby get a good start in learning English as second language (ESL).
We are continuously expanding the range of themes of learning apps and games for children. If you want to get the latest news on apps like us on http://www.facebook.com/kidstaticapps.
How does it work? Simple, even a baby can do it! Touch the screen with your finger and swipe to go to the next page of the book or use the big kid friendly buttons. The image will be shown and its name will be played.
Afterwards, click or tap the picture to hear the sound. Infants love to hear real music and it will help them recognize instruments (saxophone, piano, flute electric guitar etc) used in classical, rock, pop and electronic music.
We advise you to sit along with your child to enhance the learning experience or entertainment even more. Toddlers will learn the names associated with the images and stimulate their motor skills.
The app is not only for toddlers. Older kids loves to hear and learn more this subject and thereby increasing their vocabulary and possible the intelligence.
The app features carefully selected photos and has been tested on both toddlers, kids and parents.
Got any questions or ideas for improvement. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to provide the best interactive learning app available.
Kidstatic aims at delivering educational apps and games for toddlers and kids in a simple and intuitive manner.
Move away from rote memorization techniques and learn how to read music notes in a natural and engaging way. Note Trainer is a fun game that teaches you to recognize music notes through sight reading practice. The Note Trainer game increases in speed and difficulty over time so that you can truly learn to read music effortlessly. Sight reading practice has been shown to be very effective in helping people learn how to read sheet music. In fact, 86% of piano teachers rate sight-reading as a highly important skill.
Note Trainer replaces traditional music flash cards and was developed in collaboration with a distinguished award-winning member of the North American Music Teachers Association and in consultation with a touring member of the Canadian National Youth Orchestra and soloist for the Hamilton Symphony.
* Sight reading practice for 3+ octaves of music notes between treble and bass from A1 to C5
* Great for those who want to learn to read music as well as those challenging themselves to increase the speed at which they can read piano sheet music
* Practice mode (option to turn on or off note labels and labels on piano as you learn how to read music notes)
* Game mode to challenge your skills at an increasing difficulty levels
* Treble clef and Bass clef modes including flats and sharps
* Track your scores and see when you’ve exceeded your personal best
* Achievements and badges to measure progress in sight reading
* Full statistics to show where you are making mistakes and note reading accuracy
* Great for learning how to read piano sheet music as well as sheet music for other instruments
* This version of Note Trainer is ad-free
KW: Note trainer, sight reading practice, sight reading, how to read sheet music, learn to read music, how to read piano sheet music, how to read music notes, sight reading piano, piano sight reading, sight read music, learn musical notes, music note flash cards, music flash cards, music note reader, basic piano, learn to read music notes, piano game, learn music theory, learn sheet music, music trainer, learn music notes, learning music notes, musical game, learn piano notes
There are many game selections designed to easily progress the player through learning the entire Clef (Treble or Bass) rapidly and painlessly.
No prior knowledge is needed to play the app. Our boy who is about to turn 5 is also playing it and he was starting from scratch.
We developed this for our 6 year old daughter who was taking her Piano Prep Exam. It helped her quickly read music without resorting to the usual mnemonics (which was preventing her speeding up her note recognition) FACE and Every Good Boy Deserves Favour/Fruit for the Treble and All Cows Eat Grass and Green Birds Don't Fly Away.