Check out our latest Botany Term Dictionary...
1. Equipped with quick dynamic search function (Fuzzy Logic) – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
2. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark all your favorite translations for fast reference to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
3. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
4. Add New Words/ Terms – you will be able to add in and store any of the new terms in this Dictionary.
5. > 5,500 words – Included all the popular and daily use terms in the dictionary.
6. FREE – It is completely free. Download at no cost. FOC.
7. Work Offline – It work offline, no active internet connection is required. Perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
8. Small Size (few MB) – The dictionary will only take a small portion of your Android devices.
9. Android version compatibility – The Apps can work perfectly fine on all Android version either on latest ICS/ KitKat or older version.
10. Simple and easy to use interface. The app come with an user friendly function, allowing you to use with ease.
In addition, all the terms are listed alphabetically with faster search facility, easy to navigate through entire app.
This app will work as a great pocket resource for Botany terms and definitions.
Please rate this application 5 stars if you find this app benefited you.
Julia Dictionary Inc
Recognize the Ruellia, Safflower or a Hechtia in a picture.
More than 5000 plants are waiting to be discovered by the botany expert and plant-lover.
Mark your favorites in the slideshow. Use the filter symbol within the titelbar to filter plants either by favorites or by similar ones. Searching for a specific plant is also possible.
Choose the correct plant name out of four choices. Use hint to get further information on the searched plant. Use 50:50 to reduce from four to two choices or take a joker to skip a question.
Learn more about the plants in Wikipedia.
At the end of your knowledge question and answer session you will be evaluated.
Select number of questions in preferences menu. There you can also set filter on a certain plant class.
By deactivating the expert mode the questions are a bit easier (but still they are challenging!).
A fast internet connection is required so that the pictures can be streamed smoothly onto your device.
You can activate high image resolution within the settings menu. This increases data traffic.
There is also a premium version available.
The Biology Quiz
- includes the plant kingdom
- does not have advertising
- includes the animal kingdom (Zoology Quiz) and the fungi kingdom
- contains more than 10000 species
Please use the feedback option within the settings in case you have some question, problem or suggestion on the Plants Quiz. We are happy to hear from you.
What are you waiting for. Improve your knowledge with the Plants Quiz.
The contents include:
- 118 species: all the native trees as well as those which most frequently become established in the wild in Andorra, continental Portugal, peninsular Spain and the Balearic Islands. Each species entry includes a distribution map, a brief description and one or more photos.
- 2 different ways to search (directed and open), which the user can choose between to intuitively identify species.
- More than 300 illustrations that facilitate species identification.
- Around 400 photos showing the most characteristic details of each species.
- A glossary containing more than 80 terms.
Arbolapp does not need an internet connection to work, making it really useful for trips into the natural environment. Its contents are aimed at anyone wanting to learn about or increase their knowledge of the trees they find in their surroundings. For this reason, an effort has been made to use understandable language and simple explanations without dumbing down the content.
Arbolapp has been developed by the most important Spanish research association, the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), through its Deputy Vice Chair of Scientific Culture and the Royal Botanic Garden. It is also funded by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT).
It is developed by scientists from four French research organisations (Cirad, INRA, Inria and IRD), and the Tela Botanica network, with the financial support of Agropolis fondation.
Among other features, this free app helps identifying plant species from photographs, through a visual recognition software. Plant species that are well enough illustrated in the botanical reference database can be easily recognized.
This app works on more than 4100 species of wild flora of the French territory, the species list is available through the application. The number of species and the number of images used by the application evolve with contributions of end users to the project.
It doesn't allow the identification of ornamental plants. It works even better than the pictures submitted are focused on one organ. Pictures of tree leaves on uniform background provide the most relevant results.
If you correctly identify a species, you can participate to the project by submitting your observation with the "contribution" button. These contributions subject to a moderation process will be validated collaboratively.
To find this application on the web, go to the following link:
Those who want to contribute more interactively to this participatory science project can go to:
There are multiple levels with various degrees of difficulty. But since the final level is very difficult to beat we called it Tic Tac Toe Genius.
This game is an excellent way to improve problem solving skills and memory for children and adults alike.