Hamza Yusuf, Islamic Audio Lectures integrated with www.muslimcentral.com
Download, stream or queue episodes and enjoy them the way you like with adjustable playback speeds and a sleep timer.
Save effort, battery power and mobile data usage with powerful automation controls for downloading episodes(specify times, intervals and WiFi networks) and
deleting episodes (based your favourites and delay settings).
ORGANIZE AND PLAY
• Manage playback from anywhere: homescreen widget, system notification and earplug and bluetooth controls
• Enjoy listening your way with adjustable playback speed, remembered playback position and an advanced sleep timer (shake to reset, lower volume and slow down playback)
• No Ads or in-app Purchase Offerings
• Background playback support
• Offline playing episodes
KEEP TRACK, SHARE & APPRECIATE
• Keep track of the best of the best by marking episodes as favourites
• Find that one episode through the playback history or by searching (titles and shownotes)
• Share episodes and feeds through advanced social media and email options, and via OPML export
CONTROL THE SYSTEM
• Take control over automated downloading: exclude mobile networks, select specific WiFi networks, require the phone to be charging and set times or intervals
• Manage storage by setting the amount of cached episodes, smart deletion (based on your favourites and play status) and selecting your preferred location
• Use App in your language (EN, DE, CS, NL, NB, JA, PT, ES, SV, CA, UK, FR, KO, TR, ZH)
• Adapt to your environment using the light and dark theme
• Back-up your subscriptions with the OPML export
Our Apps are all AD-FREE!
Hamza Yusuf is a co-founder of Zaytuna College, located in Berkeley, California. He is an advisor to Stanford University’s Program in Islamic Studies and the Center for Islamic Studies at Berkeley’s Graduate Theological Union. He also serves as vice-president for the Global Center for Guidance and Renewal, which was founded and is currently presided over by Shaykh Abdallah bin Bayyah, one of the top jurists and masters of Islamic sciences in the world. Recently, Hamza Yusuf was ranked as “the Western world’s most influential Islamic scholar” by The 500 Most Influential Muslims. Hamza Yusuf has also authored several encyclopaedia articles and research papers. His published books include The Burda (2003), Purification of the Heart (2004), The Content of Character (2004), The Creed of Imam al-Tahawi (2007), Agenda to Change our Condition (2007), Walk on Water (2010), and The Prayer of the Oppressed (2010).
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf was born in Washington State and raised in Northern California. In 1977, he became Muslim and subsequently traveled to the Muslim world and studied for ten years in the U. A. E., Saudi Arabia, as well as North and West Africa. He received teaching licenses in various Islamic subjects from several well-known scholars in various countries. After ten years of studies abroad, he returned to the USA and earned degrees in Religious Studies and Health Care. Hamza Yusuf has travelled all over the world giving talks on Islam. He also founded Zaytuna Institute which has established an international reputation for presenting a classical picture of Islam in the West and which is dedicated to the revival of traditional study methods and the sciences of Islam. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is the first American lecturer to teach in Morocco’s prestigious and oldest University, the Qarawiyin in Fes. In addition, he has translated into modern English several classical Arabic traditional texts and poems. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf currently resides in Northern California with his wife and five children.