Interoperability with OpenMRS™
* Seamless registration and encounter-level data collection.
* Robust error resolution mechanisms for transmitted data.
* Ability to handle static and dynamic cohorts.
* Robust form versioning, categorization and transmission.
* Modalities for saving data bundles through transmission of differences between server and mobile device (handling of delta).
* Mechanism to customize amount of data to download on device (i.e. robust handling of concepts).
* User authentication mechanism.
* Automatic time-outs and customization mechanism.
* Device-level data encryption.
* Secure data transmission to central server.
* Ability to handle password changes in settings without reliable connectivity.
* User-centered design.
* Supports multiple versions of Android – 4.4 and above.
* Allows multiple font sizes based on user preferences.
* Ability to zoom in-and-out of forms.
* Customizable and user-tailored cohorts.
* The mUzima community is an emerging and diverse group with an interest in developing, implementing and using truly open source and interoperable mHealth solutions. Get Involved: http://www.muzima.org/get-involved
* The initial features of mUzima have been supported by grants from the AbbVie Foundation, Medtronics Foundation, Regenstrief Institute, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Moi University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.