You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device or when you enter a specified location (requires a cell radio and therefore does not work on WiFi-only tablets!). Also, the app can regularly scan for available networks to connect to and re-disable WiFi if no suitable network is found. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the device.
WiFi Automatic is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Automatic
A WiFi connection generally uses less power than a mobile data connection, so on your phone, it makes sense to keep the WiFi radio active, whenever a WiFi network is in range
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - is required to start the service again when rebooting your device
The following permissions are required to observe and change the WiFi state:
The following permissions are required to the "turn on WiFi when entering these locations" feature:
This tool is perfect to save the battery if you are staying often between places without WiFi. Personally, I have reduced the battery consumption of the WLAN by over 30% to 10%. The tool reduces the battery consumption and save the battery. It's a real energy saver.
It's activate after a defined interval the wireless network and retrieve the current position.
If you are in a defined radius to the specified location the WIFI be enabled.
Otherwise, the wireless LAN is disabled to save power.
It can travel up to 10 locations and the service can be started immediately after booting the system.
The Internet is used for advertising and Google Maps!
If you have any problems, errors, suggestions or requests then please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Switch Off WiFi Automatically after Disconnect.This action will be cancelled when your device is connecting/connected to a WiFi AP.
Keywords: Auto Wi-Fi WiFi Energy Battery Saving
Please give comments!
Green icon: WiFi is activated and connected to a network. The network name is displayed.
Yellow icon: WiFi is activated.
Red icon: WiFi is deactivated.
IF YOU LIKE MY "WiFi OnOff" widget, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO RATE IT. THANKS!
‘Best WiFi’ is a lightweight application that automatically switches between saved APNs based on their signal strengths. So if while you are pacing in the office or walking around at home, and the signal strength drops below the pre-set level, ‘Best WiFi’ will go through your saved APNs and automatically connect to the one with the best signal at the time.
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to email me. My contact details are at the bottom.
Example 1: You are at home where you have a wifi/wlan connection. You turn on wifi/wlan and use your device. When leaving home you loose your connection to your home network, but wifi/wlan is still enabled on your device using battery. Using WIFI Power Saver it will automatically detect that you lost your connection to your home network and disable wifi/wlan on your device, saving battery.
Example 2: You want to check if there are any wifi/wlan networks at your current location. You enable wifi/wlan on your device. If no networks are found WIFI Power Saver will disable wifi/wlan on your device automatically.
Use this application if:
* You want to save battery by not having wifi/wlan enabled when there is no network available
* Want to manually enable wifi/wlan when you want to use it, but not have to remember to turn it off. If you enable notification you can choose to re enable wifi/wlan when you click the notification.
Do NOT use this application if:
* You always want your wifi/wlan enabled searching for networks (uses battery)
* Want your wifi/wlan automatically to connect when networks are available
NOTE: In android 4.1.2 there is a setting under Settings->Wifi->Menu button->Advanced called "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep". The default value has been changed in android 4.1.2 on some devices. If this is not set to always then Wi-Fi will be disabled when your device goes into sleep mode and switch over to mobile data traffic if available. When this setting is not set to always WIFI Pover saver will not work properly.
Tested on HTC Desire. If you have any trouble on other devices please send an email to email@example.com
Like WIFI Power Saver? Then tryck out Bluetooth Power Saver that is now available
You can set how often to connect, the connection period and pause it in a given time slot.
Sets to suit your preferences and forget it!
On Android 5 Lollipop due to a limitation introduced in this version is no longer possible to stop the connection.We apologize for the inconvenience, we are working to solve the problem.
If you are using your device during the time for which you scheduled the stop of the connection, the connection will remain active until the screen turns off.
Try "Connection On/Off widget" app if you want to manually turn On/Off the data connection
If you have any feedback or issues, please email me!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
Data ON-OFF is FREE. However, we need to support our efforts to continuously improve the app with occasional ads. There is an option to turn them off through in-app purchase. For example, our team is now working hard on a solution for Lollipop users, which requires many hours of paid programmers work. Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
1. Lowering latency. If the wifi driver does not sleep, the AP does not have to wait until delivering the data. This is desired is many situations, like IP VOIP calls via WIFI, audio streaming, networked games (lower latency means better experience).
2. Ensure wifi is running put into higher PM state even when the screen is off. Again, this helps when you do VOIP calls, stream audio, etc.
3. Solving sporadic/unreliable connectivity problems. Root cause: Some older WIFI routers can't reliably communicate with devices using WIFI Power Management (they may actually sleep, when the AP wants to send data). It helps when your WIFI can connect to the Access Point, but the transfer is either very slow or unreliable (high packet loss). This widget does NOT help, if you can't connect to the WIFI Access Point at all.
4. Simply speed up download transfer rate. YMMV.
The widget should work on all devices with Android 3.1 and higher. In addition, this was tested and found to work on Samsung Galaxy S II (even with GingerBread).
Some users reported this also works with Acer Iconia and Galaxy Tab. Other devices may or may not support this feature. Please see for yourself. Please leave comments/rating if it helped.
USAGE: Add the widget to your home screen and tap on it to enable wifi and to activate/deactivate the high-performance mode. If you don't see the widget, start the activity. The widget should be properly listed afterwards.
Automatic toggle feature works using the following ruleset:
1. If Wifi connection is lost or manually disabled/disconnected, the HighPerformance mode will automatically be disabled (if it was enabled) to save battery.
2. If you reconnect to the last connected network, the last applicable state of the HighPerformance setting will automatically be restored.
3. If you connect to a different network than you had been previously, HighPerformance mode will be enabled based on the preference setting in the Application (whitelist)
Notice: While the READ_PHONE_STATE is indeed a very powerful and dangerous permission, I am not using it for anything else than to know if there's an incoming or outgoing call to be able to use it as a trigger. Nothing else, really...
If you'd like to double-check whether this widget has really done the job on your phone, you can try the following:
1. PING your phone from you computer with disabled wifi performance mode. Make note of the average round trip time. In my case case this was around 50ms
2. PING your phone from you computer with ENABLED wifi performance mode. In my case the average round trip time shortened to about 2-3ms. If there's no significant different between the two cases, chances are your phone does not support WIFI High Performance Mode.
Based on your location, Wifi free offers you nearby wifi hotspot password within 5 kilometers.
-Easy to find
You can take the initiative to find the wifi hotspot you are interested in area such as cafe, hotel, city, country.
All wifi passwords are shared by users, and the availability will be automatically detected by WiFi Free.
-Around the world
Now available wifi password over ten million, all over the world, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, America, Europe, Asia, Russian and all former USSR Countries, Middle East, Oceania and other countries and regions.
Using the reminder function for a wifi hotspot, WiFi Free will remind you, when the wifi hotspot is available.
WiFi Free will never initiatively record any wifi hotspot information on your phone unless you initiatively share a wifi hotspot.
There are so many available widgets that you can use; however in Android 4.1 (and higher versions) phones, you can not add one of these widgets to the launcher lower line of icons (see screen-shots).
This application can be added to that line of icons so it is accesible in any of the screens and you don't have to swipe the whole screen to find shortcuts.