Designed specifically for robust, simple tracking in variable network conditions using text messages or data, Tracker reports your position without any hassle. You do not need a smartphone to receive or interpret text message positions, but if you have one you can also see the position on google maps. It will also log to an IGC file, ideal as a backup or remote scoring for competitions.
It has been written to be simple to use, be low power, and handle poor signal environments on as many Android handsets as possible.
Once configured, a single button starts and stops the tracking which kicks in once you have moved a specified distance.
Text messages give your distance and bearing from the start, along with your position as well as a link to Google Maps and can be sent to up to two numbers. This is particularly useful for tracking while roaming or where data for either tracker or trackee is likely to be intermittent. The messages also include a reason such as start, stop, auto-stop, or low battery (at which point the application will stop) giving confidence to the person following you that all is well.
Live tracking is by data to and can be instantaneous or for better battery economy uploaded every few minutes.
IGC logging when enabled runs from the moment you press START to when you press STOP. This can then be easily emailed on along with some basic statistics.
- One button that starts and stops everything
- Configurable without being complex
- Barometer pressure altitude also recorded if present
- Power saving options
- Stops itself on low battery (20%)
- Text messages as well as data (www.livetrack24.com)
- Can wait until start moving before tracking, and automatically stop
- Supports Livetrack24 privacy options, and can delay track uploads
- FAI approved IGC logger compatible with FSComp and easy email to scorer
Example text message which reports time and position relative to when START was pressed:
"0h20m: 9.8km 357deg 235ft, N52¤10.415N E0¤1.229 (at 0h19m, accuracy 8m), http://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.17360,0.02049"
See http://www.mycloudbase.com/tracker/ and http://www.mycloudbase.com/tracker/settings.png
- Start after - start logging once moved this distance from the start
- Auto-stop - if set, stop logging on inactivity of 30 minutes
- Update time - message(s) will be sent no more frequently than this [mins]
- Number - where to send the messages
- Number (2)- optionally, can also send to a second number
- Privacy - who can see your track
- Delay - positions sent to the web will be delayed by 20 minutes
- Category - your mode of transport
- Equipment - what it is
- IGC Logger
- Default email - usually the scoring email address
- Pilot name - your name
- Pilot ID - your competition pilot number
This app is provided in good faith free of charge to the Android community. No liability is accepted for any text or data charges it may generate in either normal or erroneous operation. Similarly no guarantees as to its reliability or accuracy are made, nor liability accepted for any consequential damage, injury, or loss of life as a result of its use.