IMPORTANT NOTE: due to the differences in audio capabilities between different Android OS versions and device models, it is recommended you install the trial version before using this application, to ensure that your audio files are playable on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp.trial
Read the full manual at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByHIlLQe6aBabWRJOVE2MFBDbVE&export=download&hl=en
• Supports all the major audio book and other audio formats: M4A, M4B (including iPod chaptered books), MP4, MP3, ogg vorbis.
• Reads cover images and chapter information from within audio book files.
• Parses WMA and FLAC (actual ability to play depends on your device).
• Maintain your last position and last set volume level for each book.
• Partial play speed control (IMPORTANT: requires purchase of Presto app and is limited to MP3 and OGG formats, will not work on M4B books).
• Allows bookmarks for each book.
• Configurable step buttons for quick shifts forwards or backwards.
• Easy to use “go to” dialog that will take you instantly to any chapter or position throughout the book.
• Home Screen Widget.
• Allows a one-click automatic download of covers for any book, or for your entire library at once.
• A configurable “lock” mode, which prevents accidental changes of position during play.
• Sleep Timer, pausing play after a specified time.
• Loads your entire library at once: offers a one-click scan of any folder tree on your device.
• The player screen offers a host of accessibility and experience improving features, including large-font and human voice indication (and approval) for your actions.
• Allows undoing and redoing any accidental change in position while listening.
For easy listening to your audiobook without looking at the screen (while engaged in some other action or for the visually impaired) it offers a range of accessibility features (including human voice indications) as well as an option to lock the player against accidental changes.
The player is highly recommended not just for audiobooks, but for any episodic format, such as music albums or podcasts.
A note on permissions:
• Internet access is only done at your express request to download covers (it is never launched without a user pressing the download cover button). No personal information is ever sent outside your phone.
• Access to your phone’s state is required to pause the player when a call comes in. No other use of this permission is made.
• Writing to the external storage is required if you choose to save the app’s data (library, images, etc.) on the SD card, instead of the device’s internal storage. No other use of this permission is made.
• Battery status and wake lock permissions are used to prevent locking the device (when configured by the user) when playing or when playing while connected to a power source.
Accurate real-time measurement feature allows detection and analysis of live audio. Spectrograms can be saved as png or jpg files to sd-card.
Bugs and feedback to: email@example.com
7 Day Refund Policy
Google offers an automatic 2 hour refund window. But if you would like more time you can try it risk free for a week. If you would like to request a refund, send me the order number found in the receipt Google emails you at the time of purchase.
It is difficult to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments, please use email!
For fast and friendly support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a player only, you must provide your own audiobooks to play.
You can download books from sites such as https://librivox.org/, http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/, mp3 Overdrive books, or any place that provides DRM free audio.
Written with a focus on simple design and ease of use with an interface that puts your books on display and doesn't get in your way. Tap anywhere on the background to play and pause. Use gesture controls to skip forward or back. A slide out navigation drawer for when you need it. The player brings many convenient features such as downloading book cover art from within the app, sync position across multiple devices, set a time when the sleep countdown timer is automatically active if book is played, auto adjust sound levels, a play queue to auto start the next book when your current book finishes, add multiple library folder locations, and many more.
I listen to audio books every day and I wrote this player as a labor of love. I've spent many hundreds of hours developing this app, and continue to invest a lot of time in improvements and updates. If you enjoy audiobooks like I do, please give it a try. I hope you will enjoy using it.
• No advertisements. No in-app purchases to unlock features.
• Folder based library automatically stays in sync with your audiobook folder. Each book should be placed in its own folder. Allows books to be organized within subfolders. Library will allow you to browse folders, or list all books at once.
• Supports mp3, m4b, m4a, opus, ogg and more. (must be DRM free)
• Variable playback speed (0.5 to 3.0x) and volume boost. Can set global defaults and per book override.
• Built in sync support. You can synchronize current position and bookmarks to multiple devices. (Android 4.0+)
• Cover art is added from embedded art, images in the book folder, or can be downloaded easily from within the app.
• Position History.
• Chapter search. Skip next/previous or jump to any file. This must be enabled in settings. Embedded chapters not currently supported.
• Bluetooth play/pause/skip support.
• Remembers last played volume for headset, Bluetooth, speaker, and sleep mode.
• Lock-screen control.
• Control with Tasker, LLama, etc. See: http://goo.gl/nPmj8t
• Book Play queue.
• Navigation drawer that can slide away when not needed.
• Play/Pause from notification pull-down
• Sleep timer with shake to reset, set custom notification sounds, and a few unique options.
• Fade sound options for sleep timer.
• Auto rewind depending on paused time, customize rewind times to your liking.
• Set custom short and long skip times.
• Set custom colors for progress bars, action bar, and text.
• Headset button user defined actions.
• Option to hide status bar notification when not playing.
• Actively being developed, always more good stuff in the works!
English, Deutsch (German), Pусский (Russian), Polski (Polish), Swedish (Svenska)
Needs network and storage permissions in order to download and save book cover art.
View network connections required by sync feature.
Phone call permission for pause/resume on calls.
Pair with Bluetooth devices permission to allow optional auto play when connecting to bluetooth.
Wake Lock to ensure audio plays when screen is off.
Retrieve running apps for background service to know if the app is showing.
Change your audio settings for equalizer.
You must use a podcatcher or audio player that supports Presto. The player will provide the interface to control playback speed. This means you will not see Prestissimo in your app drawer because the app installs as a service.
If you currently use Presto or another service that uses the Presto API, you should uninstall it before installing Prestissimo.
Prestissimo should work with any app that supports Presto, but it is currently confirmed to work with:
Prestissimo currently supports Android 4.1+ only.
The code for Prestissimo is open source, Apache licensed, and available at https://github.com/TheRealFalcon/Prestissimo
Internet permissions are required for streaming purposes.
Read external storage required to read and play the media files.
• Visualizes whatever music or sound is coming from any other app.
• Dramatically displays artist name and track name for most popular music players.
• Extensive color and shape options to tweak
• Save your settings as themes, and use the included Tasker / Locale plugin to load any of your saved themes in response to almost anything you can imagine.
• Glistening particles keep the screen alive with motion even when music isn't playing (can be turned off)
• Shortcut button to link to your favorite music player, as well as built-in play/pause/last/next controls for whichever music player app is running.
NOTE FOR GALAXY OWNERS: If it doesn't react to music, see the free app, Tunnel Blocker.
NOTE FOR NEXUS OWNERS: On some devices, mostly Nexus brand, audio from OpenSL-based players won't visualize. These include but are not limited to: Poweramp, jetAudio, WinAmp, PlayerPro with DSP pack installed, Rocket Player Premium, GoneMad, and Neutron. If you run into this problem, I apologize! Please email me and I will refund you.
Audio from any app will be displayed, but only the following are known to also show meta data. Additionally, more may work if they have an option to turn on scrobbling. Email me if you'd like to see meta data from an app that isn't supported yet. Unforunately, this is not yet possible with iHeartRadio or DoubleTwist. See cyphercove.com for a list of apps currently known to share meta data with Audio Glow.
- Unique book navigation system with bars for coarse, fine, and finest navigation to switch to any position in the audiobook in a few, if not in one, touch.
- Original concept of interactive visual time marks, when bookmarks, last point reached, and last point of interaction marks are shown right on the player screen navigation bars for one click navigation. No more traversing menus to find your bookmarks. No more loosing you current playback position after replaying previously stored bookmark, seeking for some content, or changing the playback position by mistake.
- Ability to import and play books stored in Dropbox.
- Ability to play multi-folders books - a feature that many other audiobook players lack.
- Ability to sort audio files by tags and smart name sorting (when "Chapter 10" follows "Chapter 9").
- Ability to pause and resume playback from the lock screen.
- Notification with ability to play, pause, or rewind playback.
- Traditional playback controls (play / pause, rewind, fast forward, next and previous) and ways of navigation.
Enjoy the advanced navigation functionality for free for 45 days, after which you may either buy a full license for all your qualified Android devices or continue using the basic version of the application.
To use SpokenWord Audiobook Player:
The audiobook files must be copied to your device and stored in a separate folder. The book folder may consist of audio files or sub-folders with audio files. If a book folder or its sub-folder contains an image file, it will be a first choice for a book cover, though you can use any image from your gallery for this purpose.
SpokenWord Audiobook Player requires the following permissions:
read the context of your USB storage - to play audio files;
read phone status - to pause playback during phone calls;
prevent phone from sleeping - to keep processor from sleeping when playing a book;
read phone identity and internet access (full network access, view network connections) - to enforce a free trial period for a device;
write to external storage - to store books imported from Dropbox;
internet access - to send anonymous reports on application crashes (you may opt out from sending the reports in the application settings) and to access Dropbox;
Google Play billing service - to allow license purchasing.
Also, to import audiobooks from Dropbox the app must be allowed to read audio files and image files (for book artwork) stored in Dropbox. Dropbox will ask you for the permission the first time you connect to it.
SpokenWord Audiobook Player sends and receives data only in the following cases:
- An anonymous device id is sent once during the first run to check when, if ever, the application was installed and run before. It is necessary to enforce the free trial period of the premium functionality.
- In the unlikely event of a crash an anonymous error report is sent to developers to help them improve the application. You may opt out of sending crash reports in the application settings (Menu/Settings).
- When buying license.
- When browsing Dropbox storage and importing books from Dropbox.
© 2014 Wiltech, Inc.
Tags: audiobook, audio book, player