This app is designed for teaching/learning the basic organelles of an animal cell for middle and high school science. It also demonstrates passive, active and facilitated transport through the cell membrane, DNA transcription by ribosomes, and the interaction of lysosomes with vacuoles.
- touch any text bar on the left to highlight the organelle and read a description
- you can also touch the organelle (pulsing orange circles) for the description
- pinching can be used to zoom in and out and dragging will slide the cell
- "DNA transcription" can be selected to see a zoomed-in view of a ribosome in action
- "show particles" will show oxygen molecules (red), ions (green) and glucose molecules floating around the cell to demonstrate how they do, or don't get into/out of the cell
- the reset arrow (orange) in the top right resets the particles