Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won't need cell coverage for navigation. Use storage memory for maps.
New: Android Wear support to see navigation at a glance on wrist
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM, MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content available as an in app purchase:
-Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
-Digital Globe Subscription allows offline storage of high res satellite imagery for much of the world.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
-GMU boundaries in some states
-Lake Contours in several states.
-Content from US TrailMaps including:
-ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps
See the menu under More-> "Purchasing AddOns". They can be shown on top of topo maps.
You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
USGS Color Aerial photography
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
Topo maps of New Zealand
Japan GSI maps.
Many of the above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS navigation in the backcountry.
Use as a geocaching navigator by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or the way back to camp with GPS.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
Doing recon for a hunt or as your hunting GPS
Fishing: make it your fishing GPS.
Search and Rescue (SAR).
Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
Kayak and canoe treks on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests for navigation on trails with the GPS in your rucksack or backpack.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun. Create a memory with maps.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin GPS units Montana, Etrex, or Oregon. Android can be your handheld GPS.
UPGRADE TO PRO
Try the free app then upgrade to GPS Trails Pro for even more features, including:
* Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
* Get worldwide aerial images on your phone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
* Shoot video and geotag it to an exact location on a map. Save videos to YouTube account.
* Convert lat/long coordinates to UTM and NAD 27 map datum to sync with paper maps for advanced navigation in the field.
* No ads. Say goodbye to advertisements that occupy valuable screen space for navigating.
With GPS Trails Lite, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, summits, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. See compass essentials too.
Share your trip: Post adventures to trimbleoutdoors.com, Twitter and Facebook.
View maps: See street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo. Please note: Upgrade to GPS Trails Pro to store maps on your Android phone.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and the trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Plan trips with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com and wirelessly sync them to Backpacker GPS Trails app. You can mark points, draw tracks, upload GPS files, print maps, and more. (requires membership)
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine. Kickstart your adventure writing and photography career with GPS Trails.
NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
Supported Phones: GPS Trails Lite is designed and optimized for the Android phones.
Battery Life: While we optimize our code to cut down on power requirements, continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For longer dayhikes or overnight trips, we suggest packing lightweight battery packs.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our apps. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
Else makes it possible for the users to find others with common interests, selected by specific criteria (location, student, male, female, backpacker, nationality, age etc). Within a couple of clicks you will create your own community and social network and meet up with like-minded travellers that you didn't know yet.
Open the watchapp on the watch, set google maps and you are good to go.
You can also make your watch vibrate or turn on backlight on new direction and/or on proximity alerts. Proximity alert point is configurable.
This app requires pebble firmware 2.0 or later.
Getting ready for your big Backpacking trip? This app was designed for you to help you with your to do list. Take a look below at everything you will be able to do:
- Comes pre-populated with over 105 items
- Add/Delete Lists
- Duplicate Old Lists so you don't have to start over
- Add New Tasks
- Add New Items
- Delete Unwanted Items
- Set Alarms to remind yourself of items you still need to do
- Add Notes for more clarification
- Set a Priority to items (High, Medium, Low)
- Edit the Names of Items
- Sort Your Lists Alphabetically or by Priority (Menu Item)
kw: camping, camp, fire, hiking, hike, back, pack, back pack, fishing, fish, hunt, hunting, military, army, ranger, marines, air force, navy, seals
PLEASE NOTE: All the features listed in the description are INCLUDED with the purchase. The in-app purchase option is used only if you want to purchase additional templates (in addition to Backpacking). The app does NOT need internet connection. Your privacy is guaranteed. We back our app with 100% refund ANYTIME beyond the refund window. If you are not satisfied for any reason, just send us an email.
New Features! - Tablet support. Quick navigation - just swipe right to reveal the left pane. "Quick add" features. You can add notes, quantity and an additional measurement. Auto sort ability. Checkout more features below.
- Tablet support.
- Quick navigation. For small screen devices, just swipe right to reveal the left pane.
- Create new lists from factory templates in minutes.
- Add/Edit or delete lists/items/categories.
- Quickly add item or category from the same screen with the "Quick Add" feature.
- Add Notes, Quantity and an additional measurement (weight/volume/temperature etc) for each item.
- Hide/Unhide checked items, move checked to bottom/top.
- Ability to delete all checked items.
- "Add After This" or "Add Before This" option to insert items wherever you want and quickly.
- Password protect from prying eyes.
- Option to check all/uncheck all so you can reuse the list again.
- Copy or Move between lists, categories and items. Quickly creates your own personal list in matter of minutes.
- Auto Sort either in ascending or descending order.
- Rearrange items/categories/lists using drag/drop.
- Indicates the total number of items and the number of items that need to be completed.
- Color coded (green, yellow and red) for a visually appealing presentation
- Export/Backup all lists to external storage and import them back when needed.
- Edit your list on your computer and import it back.
- Easily email with your friends / family using any sharing client you have on your device.
- Send and share via Bluetooth to any bluetooth enabled device
- Easily send to your printer (via email - Needs email to print support on your printer)
It's no secret that Yellowstone is the world's first national park, that it's one of the great wildlife-viewing places on Earth, and that it's among the most popular travel destinations in the United States. For millions of Americans, a childhood visit to Yellowstone is, or was, a rite of passage. And for our foreign guests, it's the right place to go to get a real sense of what wilderness and landscape mean to those of us in the New World.
What's more of a secret is just what you should see and do once you get to Yellowstone. Watch Old Faithful spout off, sniff the sulfur-icity of a hot pot, and photograph a moose in a meadow? Sure. But then what--drive on to your next destination in Montana or Wyoming?
Not according to McCoy. He'll tell you how to enter Yellowstone through a back-door route so remote that it doesn't even qualify as an official entrance on park maps; where to track down a perfectly placed sitting bench to take a weight off when you've had enough sightseeing and feel more like sigh-seeing; and where to go to find yourself, somehow, alone in a national park that teems with some three million visitors over the span of just a few summer and fall months.
"This app is not meant to be a comprehensive guide to Yellowstone," McCoy says. "Rather, it's a compilation of some of my favorite places, activities, and wildlife. The list will grow as I discover new favorites and as users fill me in on some of theirs."
★ About the Author ★
Wyowa (that’s Wyoming and Iowa) native Michael McCoy has been exploring the byways and backcountry of the Northern Rockies for more than 40 years. He’s the author of several books and dozens of articles on travel, history, and the outdoors. In the late 1990s, McCoy mapped Adventure Cycling Association’s Great Divide Mountain Bike Route, a rugged bikepacking trail stretching 2,750 miles from Canada to Mexico (see entry in this app titled "Grassy Lake Road"). He has also worked as a field archaeologist in Montana and Wyoming, as a park ranger at Devils Tower National Monument, and as a wildlife researcher in Montana's Kootenai National Forest--where his duties ranged from counting piles of elk droppings to helping relocate orphaned grizzly-bear cubs.
Little Known Fact: In the 1960s, McCoy had a near miss with fame as lead guitarist for The Livin’ End, a central Iowa garage band. "Our brightest moment was playing the Coon Rapids High School prom," he says, adding: “I still love rock ’n’ roll, but I’m even crazier about Yellowstone."
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Some items in the checklists have been derived from real life camping experiences for an example
"store my food in an airtight nylon bag with a valve on it that can be hung from trees. When carrying food that can be crushed, I inflate the bag which prevents the contents inside from being crushed."
"When hammock camping, I make sure there are lines hanging down from my suspension so that when it rains water does not drip down the lines and onto my hammock."
"In cold weather, I heat up a bottle of water and take it into my sleeping bag with me."
This checklist is ideal for campers, hikers, bushwalking, people with kids, stargazers, wildlife enthusiasts, fishing trips and so on.
Records that into CheckingBrick now!
- Create different hiking trips, ex: Pacific Crest Trailh, Appalachian Trail.....
- Save frequently used equipment into templates for future use.
- A reminder will be created automatically from the unchecked items. This is great!
- Automatically calculate the total weight of your backpack.
- Edit detailed descriptions and pictures of your equipments.
- Share your lists by email.
- Personalize your lists with colors.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CheckingBrick/timeline
Learn more ：http://checkingbrick.blogspot.tw/
The app sends an SMS to the Icelandic emergency service 112, with the phones GPS location, before calling 112.
By downloading this application you agree to have read and accepted the following:
Important information when using this app:
You understand and agree that the creators of this application are under no circumstances liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary injury or damages resulting from the use of this application.
More important information:
The GPS position will not be more precise than what your device is able to show.
You also understand that the app will dial 112 - and that this number may have different purposes in different international regions.
► Automatic language detection
► Several modes of operation
► Google and Microsoft translation services use
► Communication in a dialogue mode without additional clicks
► The possibility to play any previously translated phrase from Favorites in OFFLINE
► The possibility to sort phrases in Favorites by category
► The possibility to filter phrases in Favorites by category and language pairs
► Available widgets for fast access to Favorite’s categories and to other program functions
► A visual display of all phrases of a dialogue
► A visual display of the supported mechanisms (voice input, “text to speech”) for each language
► Repeated voice playback of any translated phrase
► Unique algorithm of speech activity detection
► The possibility to translate without pressing the buttons
► The possibility to set the quality of recording
► The possibility to manually set the language for each phrase
► Use the voice translator for foreign language learning
► Improve your vocabulary
► Check your pronunciation
Free version limits:
1) Only Microsoft translation server are available. In PRO-version you can select translation server. The user can select between Google and Microsoft servers. Google server additionally supports 25 languages
2) Limitation for the number of recognized words ONLY if "Language auto-recognition" is selected. Limit for FREE-version is 7 words only
3) Limitation for the number of trials of operation in "live dialog" mode. Limit for FREE-version is 5 only. After it you can restart program to use "live dialog" mode again.
Mobile Guide for Tbilisi visitors and citizens. Application contains information about most of the Tbilisi places. Including contact information, descriptions and location data. All places separated on lists of categories.
To switch in English, click gear button in top right side, select in Menu Languages and change to English (Internet must be active to download English data).
Filled with great community-edited content, this guide is perfect for the backpacker.
-Up-to-date info about transport and accommodation options
-Hundreds of helpful phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs
-Dining and shopping guides for major cities
-Country-specific safety and emergency contact information
-Extensive information about local culture and customs