“My Meal Mate” (MMM) is an app for weight management which has been designed by nutrition scientists at the University of Leeds, UK. This is the first free weight loss app which has been developed by academics using scientific evidence and has actually been piloted in a weight loss clinical trial. MMM will help you to set a realistic goal for weight loss based on your needs and contains a diary for you to keep track of your eating and activity. You will also receive feedback on your progress.
For support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why use this over other apps?
• Unlike other apps, we actually have evidence that it can help people to lose weight. In our pilot trial, average weight loss in those using the app was 4.6kg (10 pounds) by 6 months.
• The huge food and drink database is specific to the United Kingdom so includes brands that British people will recognise.
• The app has features to make it easy to use, such as; the ability to take photographs as memory prompts, text message prompts to feedback on your progress and weight entry so that you can track your weight loss.
• It’s free – we know how difficult weight loss can be and we really just want to help. We have no need to make money from selling the app or selling advertising.
• Help videos are available on ‘you-tube’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_Mgia90cs
What did our trial participants say about MMM?
“I lost HUGE lumps of fat! And 3 dress sizes!”
“I found the app amazing and did really well with it”
You can read our original research here:
Tips – If you want to control when text messages are sent to you, make sure to adjust the times you receive messages in the “Block text message” option in the “settings” menu.
Thank you to ‘Blueberry Consultants Ltd’ for developing the software and to ‘Weight Loss Resources for allowing us to use their food and drink database (http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/).