Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is a required companion for students and clinicians who need to diagnose mental, psychological, and psychiatric disorders. This manual creates a diagnostic standard for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders and includes accepted criteria for objective assessment of psychiatric symptoms.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition is the most current resource for clinical practice available to mental health professionals.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is the definitive reference for the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders.
• Learn the five steps of the SAFE-T approach in working with patients and easily download resources for use offline.
• Study interactive sample case studies to see the SAFE-T approach in action.
• Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients about their suicidal ideation.
• Explore clinical and educational resources and share crisis line phone numbers and other patient-focused materials.
• Use SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to provide timely referrals for patients. The Locator can be filtered by type and distance.
Email SAMHSA at SAMHSAInfo@samhsa.hhs.gov with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and was funded by Federal resources.
Keep updated with Lexicomp’s trusted clinical knowledge, now at the touch of a button! This application includes 30-days of access to all databases Lexicomp offers for your Android phone. Plus hundreds of images, calculations & tables available with a cell or wifi connection.
Medical Psychiatric Dictionary App Features:
- Works Offline. A fully functional offline medical dictionary free without internet requirement after first download.
- A pocket hand book for quick reference.
- Frequent updates on latest psychiatric diseases, symptoms, new medical acronyms and abbreviations.
- Psychiatric nursing book free for nursing practitioners and psychiatric meds.
- A medical learning app for self diagnosis and treatment. For use by learners and doctor students while study during various courses/ examination, tests, PG preparation.
* This is a thesaurus and dictionary on psychiatry reference.
* Also a general purpose medical term dictionary.
* Useful for students for study during medical pg entrance courses and psychiatry quiz.
* Can be used by healthcare students, pharmaceuticals, physicians, nursing professionals, pharmacy assistants and students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This Psychiatry app is for learning, diagnosis and prevention of mental disorders & problems that hinder mental health and well being.
This app cannot and should not replace a doctor consultation or a pharmacist. Only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual home usage of any information in this app.
If you are feeling sad, anxious, or depressed, lift your mood with MoodTools! MoodTools is designed to help you combat depression and alleviate your negative moods, aiding you on your road to recovery.
MoodTools contains several different research-supported tools. They include:
Thought Diary - Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative / distorted thinking patterns based on principles from Cognitive Therapy
Activity Tracker - Regain your energy by performing activities and tracking your mood before and after, based on Behavioral Activation Therapy
Safety Plan - Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and utilize emergency resources during a suicidal crisis
Information - Read information, self-help guidelines, and find help with internet resources
Test - Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire and track your symptom severity over time
Video - Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks
MoodTools was designed in collaboration with multiple mental health professionals. MoodTools is free, contains no advertisements, and is a purely non-profit venture aimed at helping people suffering from clinical depression. Thank you for supporting our efforts with your positive ratings and reviews. Please send any requests, questions, or feedback via email to email@example.com and we will be sure to respond to each one.
Disclaimer: This mental health application is not intended to be a replacement for treatment nor any sort of medical intervention. Treatment is, by far, the best way to overcome clinical depression or other mental illnesses. Therapy and antidepressants have been shown to effectively treat clinical depression and improve mental health for most people. This application will only aid you on your path to recovery from depression. In addition, if you are not in treatment, talk to your doctor or therapist or use the information portion of this app to find resources that can connect you to treatment.
While MoodTools is designed as a self-help mental health application to help people suffering from clinical depression, it can also assist people without mental illness or people suffering from other mental disorders / mental illnesses such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, seasonal affective disorder, dysthymia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, or schizophrenia,
Anxiety Disorders (& GAD)
Fears & Phobias
Post Traumatic Stress
With Psych Drugs, you can learn important and useful information about various psychotropic medications such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and anti-anxiety medications.
Some major classes of psych drugs include: SSRIs, TCAs, MAOIs, second generation (atypical) antipsychotics, benzodiazepines, and meds for insomnia, anxiety, depression, ADHD, alcohol dependence, opioid dependence and nicotine addiction, etc…
Perfect for psychology test and flashcards log, you can learn about drug interaction or interactions, meds apps, mental health, diseases and disability. This cool app also serves as a reminder and personality checker like a healing book diary full of medical terms and terminology dictionary info and smart facts.
Also as a nursing central handbook for pill identifier and identification, medication guide for this dot com age of psychological testing and games.
For each medication, you will find:
Maximum daily dose for adults
Maximum daily dose for adolescents and children
This useful app is ideal for medical and mental health professionals, psychiatrist, psychiatric residents, medical students, psychology students, therapists, counselors, and of course curious lay people who just want to familiarize themselves with psychotropic medications. If you want more detailed information, you can check out other medical apps like epocrates rx, webmd mobile cme, and medscape for symptom checker, and baby health prescription!
Scroll alphabetically through the list and quickly jump to a letter with an A-Z side panel.
Find a medication quickly with convenient search bar function.
Tap on the medication to learn about it.
Save your favorites with a touch of a button.
Share drug info with a friend via email.
Developed by clinical psychologists and mental health practitioners for medical and allied health practitioners. These mental health assessment protocols are field tested and proven in clinical, research and academic settings. First introduced in 2005, the protocols deliver familiar psychiatric evaluations and psychological assessments including:
1. Mental State Examination
2. Case Formulation and Treatment Plan
3. Self-Harm and Suicide Risk Assessment
4. Violence and Aggression Risk Assessment
5. Child Harm Risk Assessment
6. Forensic Risk Assessment
The assessment protocols are specifically designed to enhance patient safety, quality care and clinical governance. This application is not for individuals seeking a self assessment, but for practitioners seeking a proven and fast alternative to their current pen and paper or keyed assessments.
The MSE-Risk ASSESSr exports on-demand confidential medico-legal reports. There is no third party storage, no advertisers, no cloud and no internet connection required to complete these assessments.
EXPERT INTERNATIONAL PANEL GIVE IT THE THUMBS UP (2014 Study)
292 reviewers (psychiatrists, general practitioners, psychologists, social workers, nurses, case managers, medical and other students and forensic workers) in June 2014 reviewed the application, here’s what they said:
• 73% reported it saved 20 minutes (improved productivity with an average assessment time of 8 minutes)
• 75% reported it was easy and convenient (accommodated their current assessment practices)
• 72% reported it improved the quality and safety of their assessments
• 79% reported completing timelier and higher quality clinical reports
• 54% reported less service duplication and wasted time
The reviewer reports included the words: ‘high quality’, ‘reliable’, ‘fast’ and ‘convenient’.
• Life time licence (unlimited use)
• Regular revisions and updates by working mental health clinicians
• On the go mobile device technology
• Portable, convenient hand-held device
• Assessments in only 6 to 10 minute
• Immediate scoring and results
• Immediate medico-legal reports
• Simple, intuitive interface
• Quick accurate assessments
• Powerful software converts HTML to PDF reports
• Secure on-the-fly technology
• The APP and mental health assessments are free
• Friendly fast risk assessments, risk algorithms and easy to follow sign-posted information
• Familiar protocol views - no new learning needed (clinicians will recognise the protocols)
• Fast tap and swipe responses
• Access on-the-go clinical reports (with saved drafts)
• Safe and secure - password protected reports, no external data capture, new on-the-fly technology
• Quickly print or save reports to the medical record
• Monitor and review the individual’s progress against previous assessments
Download MSE&RISK ASSESSr NOW!
Further information, contact the clinician developers at www.mhassessment.com
Presenting lab references, diagnostic screens and test batteries together with the right tube for each test, Results acts as a portable pocket guide for one of the most common junior doctor jobs.
Perfect for FY / junior doctors, phlebotomists, consultants, nurses, midwives, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals!
It has a simple, professional design and the ability to search instantly through all tests. Lab Results is perfect for use in everyday clinical practice. With up-to-date information, it can save time and improve patient care.
Includes labs from biochemistry, haematology (hematology), immunology, toxicology, microbiology, virology and genetics departments plus common screens from neurology, respiratory, rheumatology, endocrinology, cardiology, gastroenterology and oncology!
Included are allergy screen, arterial blood gases, arthritis screen, ataxia screen, auto-antibody screen, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), dementia screen, demyelination, extractable nuclear antigens (ANAs), first seizure, functional antibodies, haemolysis screen, headache admission, HLA subtypes, liver screen, lymphocyte subsets, myeloma screen, myopathy screen, neuro-vasculitis, nutrition profile, tumour (tumor) markers, vasculitis screen, young movement disorder and young stroke screen!
Internet - for anonymous app analytics; for adverts.
Access network state - for anonymous app analytics; for adverts.
Billing - to allow user to 'buy me a coffee' and remove adverts.
Note anonymous analytics can be disabled in preferences.
With MyChart you can:
• View your health information
• Stay in touch with your physician
• Manage your appointments
• Access your family's health information
You must first create an account through your healthcare provider in order to access your information through MyChart. If your healthcare provider is not listed, or if you require support accessing your existing account, contact them directly about accessing your account through the MyChart app.
Blood test result Values gives both non-medical readers and health professionals a fast-navigable and clearly structured overview of the main routine laboratory parameters and possible causes of their increase and decrease.
Each result contains important clinical information, critical lab values, differential diagnoses and etc. The Normal Lab Values are clearly arranged, alphabetically ordered and quickly located.
Whether you are a patient looking for answers that might reassure you about your health, or a medical practitioner seeking quick confirmation regarding a particular test, this app puts the information into the palm of your hand.
This app shows the content onto your mobile device or tablet, meaning you won’t be dependent on an Internet connection to navigate to the information you need, when you need it.
Includes labs from biochemistry, haematology (hematology), immunology, toxicology, microbiology, virology and genetics departments plus common screens from neurology, respiratory, rheumatology, endocrinology, cardiology, gastroenterology and oncology.
Te Pou has created the HoNOS tool to make it easier for mental health clinicians to use the HoNOS suite of outcome measures.
• Collect your HoNOS, HoNOSCA, HoNOS65+, HoNOS-LD and HoNOS-secure ratings.
• Work at a time and place that suits you, on your desktop computer, smartphone or tablet.
• Understand your caseload with the dashboard snapshot statistics, invaluable for meetings with your team or manager – input your entire caseload to get the full benefit of the dashboard features such as number of cases, severity, ethnicity, gender, legal status, etc.
• Compare an individual’s outcome ratings over time.
• Share individual results with service users – a great way to have meaningful conversations about outcomes with the people you support.
• See when HoNOS collections are due or overdue at a glance.
• No active Wi-Fi or data connection required at the time of collection. Your data will be stored locally on your device until you choose to sync it.
Te Pou’s HoNOS app has been developed by Wild Bamboo, trusted experts in developing software that collects and stores sensitive health information – you can rest assured that your information is protected and secure.
Please note – this phase of the tool streamlines your data collection and caseload management. You cannot export data from this app into your organisation’s client information systems. This is something we hope to address for New Zealand clinicians in future versions of the app.
HoNOS – the Health of the Nation Outcome Scale – is a clinician rated tool developed by the United Kingdom Royal College of Psychiatrists Research Unit to measure the health and social functioning of people experiencing severe mental illness. This is an outcome tool mandated for use by specialist mental health services in New Zealand by the Ministry of Health.
There are five measures in the HoNOS suite of outcome measures:
• HoNOS: for adult service users (aged 18 – 65 years)
• HoNOSCA: for children and adolescent service users (aged 3 – 18 years)
• HoNOS65+: amended version of the HoNOS for adult service users (aged 65 and over)
• HoNOS-LD: for adult service users who have a dual diagnosis, such as mental illness and an intellectual disability
• HoNOS-secure: for adult service users who are being supported by forensic services.
Learn more about Te Pou’s HoNOS resources at www.tepou.co.nz/honos
ABOUT TE POU
For the mental health, addiction and disability sectors, Te Pou is a source of information and tools to inform service and workforce planning and development. Te Pou supports the sectors to address workforce needs through initiatives and resources for leadership and practice development, use of information, training and grants. All of Te Pou’s work is informed by evidence and assists the translation of policy into practice. www.tepou.co.nz
ABOUT WILD BAMBOO
Wild Bamboo is a software company specialising in creating smart information systems for community based organisations in mental health, community and disability sectors in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom. www.wildbamboo.co.nz
This application links you to the Mental Health themed pathways and guidance issued and updated regularly by NICE
Who is it for? Clinicians need to consult and be familiar with NICE in order to properly inform their clinical decision making. In a similar way, patients or carers involved with chronic illnesses will benefit from keeping an eye on how things should be done.
What if your practitioner isn't following NICE? That's probably fine so long as (1) they KNOW they are outside of NICE guidelines and (2) they have recorded - and hopefully discussed it widely.
This app links to web pages so will not work offline, but it will always reflect the content of the NICE website. This is important if you are to be sure of reading the latest update. Remember when you download stuff, it can go out of date! Read the latest versions only. NICE stopped providing written copies for this reason in October 2011
This app only links to Adult Mental Health aspects of NICE, and the author has no connections with the NICE organisation (except trying to pay close attention to their guidance professionally)
"complete list of all mental disorders ,over 400 definition, great!" -- ANDROID PLANET --
- OVER 400 DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF MENTAL DISORDER
It does not require connection, all within the application. Simple fast and professional tool at your fingertips, complete list of all mental disorders, insights and scientific citations, reliable and useful for students and professionals. Definitions treatment research and future, history, culture and society, insights and quotes from specialists, unique in its kind