Located on Adelaide's cultural boulevard, North Terrace, the State Library of South Australia is the largest public reference library in South Australia.
Our self-guided walking tours highlight aspects of the city, allowing you to travel through time at your own pace. Current tours include:
- Darkness in the City of Light – Walk through what was once the underbelly of the City of Churches. Full of dubious characters, ‘lurk merchants’ and others just down on their luck.
- War memorials of Adelaide – self guided walking tour will take you on a journey of monuments, memory and emotion
- Lost Adelaide: the West End – self guided tour of the lost architecture of the colourful West End of Adelaide. A complementary tour to Darkness in the City of Light
- Lost Adelaide – The tour features snapshots of lost architecture in Adelaide. Compare historical photos from the Library's rich collections to the architecture of today.
- Significant South Australians – Will introduce you to some exceptional people who have shaped South Australia’s history.
- Dowie’s Adelaide – A tour of John Dowie’s public art in Adelaide, one of SA’s most renowned sculptors
- State Library of South Australia trail – Understand the diverse range of resources held at the Library and its public spaces
- Orientation to the State Library of South Australia – Highlights to the collections, services and resources of the Library