All you have to do is measure the distance from where you want to place the TV to where people watching will most often be sitting. Enter that distance , press the "Go" button, and get your TV size range.
View screen contents and sound from your applications and emulators on your TV.
Make sure to test your Droid X with your HDMI cable and your TV/monitor using the built in Gallery application on the phone prior to purchase. Not all HDTV's support 720p video input.
If you run a custom ROM proceed at your own risk. There is no way for us to test against all variants of non-stock code. If RealHDMI doesn't work with a specific custom ROM, is usually because the ROM Chef has stripped out the HDMI support while they where trying to remove bloat from the ROM.
Motorola/Verizon have released the 2.2.1 update for the phone that fixes the HDMI bug detailed in http://supportforums.motorola.com/message/245559
We recommend updating your phone from to at least 2.2.1
Note: HBOGO App has been modified by HBO so it will no longer play video if it detects HDMI is enabled. Older version of their application worked fine, recent change is blocking HDMI use.
Q:Why can't I see things on Phone Screen and HDTV at same time?
A: The hardware limitation of the OMAP3 processor makes it physically impossible for GPU to update LCD screen and HDMI/TV at the same time. This means that the phone will never be able to do "dual view" and display active content on LCD and TV at same time. When HDMI is turned on, last frame rendered on LCD appears frozen until HDMI is turned off. This is the nature of the hardware. Checkout users guide on our website to learn more and how to work around this.
Q: Why is graphics on my TV only taking up part of the display?
A:Its a limitation of the GPU and Android OS. Video from Flash and other applications will display full screen but pixel based graphics will not unless your TV supports auto scaling. See item #5 on the faq on our website for complete explanation.
Q: Why does my home screen appear sideways on the TV?
A: Simple answer is the home screen app on the Droid X doesn't have a landscape orientation. You can see yourself when HDMI is not on, tilt your phone on the side. You notice home screen doesn't change to a landscape mode like other applications do. Only way to get a landscape orientation in your home screen is to use a home screen replacement app like ADW or Launcher Pro.
Q: Does this work with the blockbuster app?
A: No. Back in September their released an update to their application that keeps their app from playing video if HDMI is enabled.
Q: Do I need this App to watch my videos and pictures on my HDTV?
A: If all you wish to do is play videos through the gallery application or see your pictures on your TV then you don't need this app. The gallery application on the phone does that for you already. This application just enables HDMI so non-HDMI aware applications can be fooled into displaying on your TV. Do not try to use the gallery app while using RealHDMI as both apps can end up fighting for control of HDMI port.
Not all devices are supported, therefore it is strongly recommended that you try the 'Sixaxis Compatibility Checker' (available for free in the Android Market) before purchasing this app.
Finally the wait is over... The ultimate gaming experience awaits! Now you can play games on your phone the way they were meant to be played! Sixaxis Controller allows you to use your PS3 Sixaxis, DualShock 3 and Navigation controllers in many of your favourite games and applications.
*** IMPORTANT ***
- ROOT access is required!!!
- Due to the way pairing is done with the controllers, you need to manually pair your controller with the PC utility 'SixaxisPairTool' (available on the website) and a mini-USB cable. Android 3.1+ users can also pair directly on their devices via USB.
- It is highly recommended that you use an ORIGINAL controller. Many after market controllers will not work with this app. If you get a 'Client connected: 1' message, but the lights on your controller continue to flash, it is almost certainly not an original Sony controller.
- The fake controllers that are most likely to work (though not guaranteed) are those made by Gasia. If you bought a fake that works but isn't made by Gasia, I'd love to hear from you so I can compile a list of known working controllers.
- Be sure to read the instructions in the help menu carefully.
- Up to four Sixaxis, DualShock 3 and Navigation controllers supported at once.
- Support as a native gamepad in Android 3.1+ devices. Full support for analog sticks and analog triggers.
- Keyboard emulation. Map all buttons and sticks to almost any key available in Android.
- Mouse emulation. Configure a button to activate the mouse pointer on devices that support mice (most tablets, and many phones should work).
- Touch emulation allows you to map buttons and analog sticks to the screen. Play all your favourite games with full analog support, even those without built-in controller support!
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
For assistance, full instructions and FAQ, visit our website at http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
****** IMPORTANT NOTES ******
Sept 2013: There is a bug in some NETGEAR routers causing Genie to fail to log into the router. WNDR3400v2, R6300v1, R6200v2, WNDR4000, WNDR4500, WNDR3700v3 new firmware are available now.
NETGEAR genie does not work when connected to the guest network of the router.
NETGEAR genie only works when connected to a NETGEAR router in router mode, not in access point mode.
NETGEAR genie does not work with wireless extender or repeater.
NETGEAR genie currently does not support IPv6, login would fail if IPv6 is enabled.
For any issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Android version supported: Android 2.2 or higher
General Information: Supported NETGEAR router list:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an Android device to play media files if the Android device is being used as a player. Different Android versions support different ranges of media formats. The following list is based on Android version 4.0 supported media formats:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, and PCM/WAVE.
• Supported video formats: H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, and VP8.
• Supported photo formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and WEBP.
For more information on supported media formats, see the Technical Specifications for your Android device.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be your own device, and other devices available in the network, such as PCs, TVs, stereos, or smartphones.
3) The Android NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
4) Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different player supports different kinds of media file formats.
5) If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. Make sure it is connected to the NETGEAR router by checking the Wi-Fi connection in Settings.
6) After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
7) When playing media files on your own Android device, tapping the screen brings up play progress and player control.
8) It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
More from developer
This application is still under development, so please do not hesitate to contact me in case there is any problem. I always try to give a quick response to all the submitted enquiries. With the help of people who are supporting me, donating and providing the assistance, I will be adding more and more features every week.
Do you have any question, a feature request or a bug to report, please go to http://messagingmetro.uservoice.com/ and join the community, let's make this app awesome.
Current free functionalities:
- Dynamic and fast loading of all the inbox and outbox messages in a single list
- Visualisation of the conversation with any contact
- Messages forwarding and resend
- Copy and paste feature
- Automatic split messaging functionality
- Offline sending; the text will be sent once the signal is recovered
- Accessing to a call option and contact details from the conversation list
- Ability to add an unknown phone number to an existing contact, or create a new contact
- Setting up the clock to 12/24 hours format
- Setting up the date format as month/day or day/month
- Delivery reports with toast message or integrated with the system notification bar
- Adjusting settings for enter button: new line, hide keyboard, send message, send + bottom bar
- Customising all the font sizes and types
- Accessing Messaging Metro via the People/Contacts system's application
- Contact assist
- Messages to groups
- There is no support for MMS, it will be added for the v1.0
Reward for those who support my work you will be able to:
- Activate incoming message notifications (by vibration, tone, and custom led color), and fast popup reply
- Custom tone per contact
- Delete conversations and single messages
- Activate the option of wakening up the screen when a new message is received
- Change the theme to light and dark pattern
- Choose one of the many accent colours available
Please note that due to a Google Play limitation, I am unable to respond to all the submitted comments.
Special thanks to everyone who has supported me! I'll keep working for you.
- Portuguese, thanks to Marcio Andrade
- Brazilian, thanks to Marcio Andrade
- French, thanks to Clement Taverne, Dimitri and Jimmy Holzer
- Polish, thanks to Proove and Unaffectef
- Slovak, thanks to MartinB
- Italian, thanks to Marklocci79 and Mandragola
- Russian, thanks to Anna Kravcova and Victor Pogrebnyak
- Hungarian, thanks to Erdei Attila
- German, thanks to Holger Harzer
- Turkish, thanks to ManoMachine
- Czech, thanks to David Ruml
- Korean, thanks to SILPH
- Swedish thanks to Nattugglan70
- Svenska thanks to Nattugglan70
* If you want to collaborate with or fix any language, go to http://crowdin.net/project/messaging-metro/invite