Download the 4 Warn Weather app for fast, accurate local and national weather at your fingertips. With its personal alert notifications, you'll know when significant weather is heading your way and when to take cover. And when you are traveling, use 4 Warn Weather to get real-time weather forecasts, interactive radar and current conditions for anywhere in the U.S.
The 4 Warn Weather app utilizes the most advanced radar maps, weather and digital technology available. With its easy to use interactive radar, you can take control and see where the storm is now and where it is tracking. Then, set customized alerts to keep you and your family informed and safe.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for Buffalo, NY
- The latest video forecast from 4 Warn Weather
- Current weather conditions for Buffalo, NY and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- Closings and delays for Buffalo, NY
- Live streaming video from News 4
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
The App contains:
★ Doppler Loop feed
★ European Weather Loop feed
★ Take Video and instantly share out to your network(s)
★ Storm Handbook
★ Cloud Formations
★ Inbuilt RSS readers - already setup to read NOAA (US) and Met Office (UK) news feeds
★ Inbuilt RSS readers - already setup to read Storm Chaser Network (reports and position) feeds
★ In-App browsing of latest weather information - NOAA Severe Weather Alerts (US) and Met Office Severe Weather (UK)
★ Built-in Search feature - type a keyword and it searches our App and shows you the results
★ Built-in Aviary Photo Effects - take your favourite Storm / Weather photos and add effects
★ Built-in Notes feature - take and update your notes as you go
All contained within one App - a raft of information and functions at your fingertips.
■ Our App updates are always FREE and we never put ads in our paid for Apps.
If you see a mistake or want something adding, drop us an email and we will do our best to include suggestions in future App updates.
Our "Info" tab contains App information - including last and next update dates. So, keep checking as our info page changes regularly to reflect our App status. The info page also has our email link for contact.
Tornado Season has all the information you need and lots of useful extras too. What are you waiting for?
The map screen displays the before mentioned weather alerts by county. Additionally severe thunderstorm and tornado weather alerts are drawn for their affected areas (not by county lines), thus some of the alerts do overlap. You also will see some of the absolute best weather radar imagery available. As a bonus severe flash flood and marine alert areas are displayed as well.
Areas where Tornado activity is forecast will be drawn on the map as well. Just click that area and the risk is displayed in percent as determined by the NOAA.
ALL OF THESE ALERTS and RADAR ARE FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY including HAWAII AND ALASKA.
You also have the ability to change the type of base map from Normal Google Map, Hybrid, Terrain, and Satellite. Additionally vehicle traffic overlay can be enabled which may be helpful in an evacuation type of event.
Bug reports, comments, concerns will be appreciated!
Disclaimer: The developer assumes no liability in how this app is used. This app is for entertainment purposes and is not a substitute for weather information, alerts, forecasts, and warnings from official sources. The data displayed in this app is not to be considered reliable in any way.
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
Don't get caught unprepared by an extreme weather event! Active Alerts app provides you with the continuous update on watches, warnings and advisories issued by the National Weather Service (USA).
Get up-to-date alerts on tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, fires, winter storms, damaging winds, thunderstorms and more.
Easy to set system gives you an overview of all the alerts issued for your state and location.
Click on alert to get a detailed description and preparedness instructions.
Set a sound and buzz notification to get informed when an extreme alert (such as a tornado warning) is issued for your location.
* Select a state or a marine zone to monitor
* Select an update interval to automatically refresh the alerts for your location
* Sort the alerts by severity, type, date, location
* Set a sound and buzz notification to get informed when the extreme or extreme + severe alerts are issued
* View the full list of alerts for your state, or shorten the list by severity type and location
* Use GPS receiver in your phone to update your location with a click of a button
* Click on an alert title to see the full information including alert effective date and time, locations affected, severity level and probability, full alert description, and emergency response instructions
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Copyright © 2013-2014 The American National Red Cross
Alerts from news sources can take several minutes to appear, and if you lose power you may not have access to the news.
With Tornado Alert, any user who sees a tornado can send an alert to all other users of the app within 20 miles that there is a tornado near by.
Alerts are normally delivered to all users in less than 5 seconds.
In addition to this, users are notified whenever they are in a "Tornado Warning" or "Tornado Watch" area, within 1 minute of the alert being declared.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/TornadoAlertApp
If you have any questions or feedback, our twitter feed is manned throughout the day.
You can read more about the app at http://silverwraith.com/blog/2012/03/tornado-alert-app/
Download Tornado Alert today, report tornados, and help save a life!
While we do our best to filter out false reports of tornados, we depend on the community to help everyone get through the tornado season.
We cannot guarantee that every tornado will get an alert - as more users join and alert others on tornados, we hope to develop Tornado Alert into the fastest early warning system for tornados in the country.
A tornado alert siren is used to provide emergency warning of natural destructive weather patterns such as tornadoes and can be as loud as 135 decibels at 100 feet.
This app gives you the American Signal T-128 that you can turn on and off at will. It also shows a tornado in action.
This is the most realistic tornado siren alert for when you need it in an emergency or maybe just to prank your friends and family.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
-High Resolution Live Level III Doppler Radar that updates automatically every 5 minutes.
-Storm Tracks for Tornado Vortex Signatures, Hail and Severe Wind.
-Doppler Radar Signatures for Tornadoes, Hail and Wind.
-Hail signatures display max and min. size.
-Hurricane and Tropics Tracking Information.
-Live Lightning Data.
-Current GPS Location.
-Address Search for other locations.
-NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories.
-Cloud Cover Data
-NOAA Storm Reports (24 hr. & Weekly)
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States and Canada by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation & pressure imagery over Google Maps
-Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Light and dark Material themes
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Simple Weather Alert allows you to monitor one location for NWS alerts. If you want to monitor more locations (including locations that move with you), then consider purchasing Pro Weather Alert.
Simple Weather Alert Features:
+ Monitor NWS weather alerts for your area
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate)
+ Modify notification based on NWS severity (go crazy for extreme alerts, such as Tornado Warning)
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Browse the alert list when there are multiple alerts, and read the details and instructions for the 2 MOST SEVERE alerts, as well as any EXTREME alerts.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (requires Contacts List permission), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post an alert on Facebook or your Twitter feed, to get the word out fast.
+ Input your location by city, county, zip code, or let the app find your phone location by GPS or network location providers.
You can view the app manual here:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
It currently focuses on the area of the United States typically called Tornado Alley which currently includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
Depending on whose map you look at other states like Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, and South Dakota could claim that not so distinct honor of being part of tornado alley. Look for the addition of those states at a later date.
Features included in the App:
-Storm Spotters comments and storm photo upload
-NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
-Tornado Photos and Videos
-Photo upload to send us storm photos for our gallery
-Weather alert feeds
• Maps showing real-time watches and warnings, Doppler, radar, satellite
• Tornado alerts by county
• Live severe weather updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Tornado Videos and coverage from KCCI 8
• Checklists, Info, and Videos to help you be prepared and stay safe
• Slideshows of compelling images and tips
• Share your storm photos, videos with u local - they may be shown on TV