*** This is the first and original port of ioquake3 to Android available on Google Play, while commercial forks are NOT, don't pay for a free GPL product ***
The original author of this app is not me (I'm just a publisher, description is written by him). Legal information is available in the end of description.
QIII4A is a port of ioquake3 to Android. It is based on GPL source code with some usage of kwaak3 source code. Note that THIS APP DOESN'T CONTAIN OR DOWNLOAD ANY OF QUAKE 3 DATA FILES, you need to copy "baseq3" folder from Quake 3 game (patched to the latest version, for example you can buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2200/ ) to the folder specified in QIII4A launcher (create that folder manually, example of correct path to "baseq3" folder: "/sdcard/qiii4a/baseq3" with "/sdcard/qiii4a" directory in launcher). But you can use OpenArena also (just press a button in launcher to download and install it).
- 10-finger multitouch =)
- Move and resize all controls.
- Hide controls and add more, you can configure opacity for any control.
- Analog movement joystick
- Full mouse support! (with root rights only). This is the only port that supports mouse (at the moment).
- Gamepad and keyboard support just as on your PC: you can rebind buttons in-game or in console for advanced tuning.
- Configure resolution and color depth by yourself. You can even set 100x100 resolution: all resolutions are supported (except negative values =)).
- Set MSAA for best graphics.
1) In-game videos show a black screen (randomly).
This app is a Quake 3 source port, GPL source code is included in APK. It is placed in APK\assets\source\. This project doesn't use any code from "Quake 3 Touch" (and other Beloko's and monica john's "ports").
QIII4A stands for "Quality Invaluable Impressive Incredible game engine FOR All.". All included icons/images were painted by me and are protected by copyright.
Quake 3 is a registered trademark of id Software. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All trademarks are used under the terms of Fair Use: usage is nominative.
If you think that there are copyright issues in QIII4A, lay down and cry.
Any attempt to remove this app by DMCA notice without contacting me directly first will be really unfair, FSF and community will be notified immediately.