**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
AOPA FlyQ Pocket is the result of a partnership between AOPA and Seattle Avionics Software. FlyQ Pocket combines the convenience of the AOPA Airports app with aviation weather and flight planning capability. FlyQ Pocket harnesses the legendary AOPA Airports database, putting FBO and aviation business information details only a tap away. Now you can plan a flight on your Android phone or tablet with an auto-router that wind-optimizes your flight to get you there as fast as possible. Victor Airways, GPS Direct routing, Jet Airways—AOPA FlyQ Pocket is ready for it all.
Using AOPA FlyQ is simple because all major functions (Airport and FBO Information, Weather, and Flight Planning) are always just a tap away. FlyQ. Fly Smarter.
This app is verified for touch screen usage only at this time. Slide out keyboards are not currently supported.
AOPA FlyQ for Android may function differently across various devices and Android versions. Ongoing device testing is in progress.
Start AOPA FlyQ and within seconds it finds the nearest airports and displays details about them—without even tapping a button. Want more info about an airport? Tap the airport and all the details you need appears instantly. On the first airport page, you immediately see operational information, runways, navaids, and an embedded satellite map image of the airport. Want to call the local ATIS? Tap the phone number and your phone quickly connects you. Tap the weather tab and see the current temperature and sky conditions, a Nexrad radar image of the area, the nearest METARs and TAFs, winds-aloft, and even an official DUAT weather briefing. All with just one tap. One tap zooms the METARs, TAFs and weather graphics to full screen, large font versions that anyone can read—even in turbulence. Another tap gives you an easy-to-read 7 day forecast. Quickly find the FBO details you need—fuel information, telephone numbers, rental cars, nearby attractions and more.
Want to see what the weather is like at your current location? Tap the Weather tab and AOPA FlyQ instantly locks on to your GPS position and displays temperature, Nexrad images and local METARs and TAFs. Or choose from a large gallery of US and Canadian weather graphics, many of which are animated. Quickly check the weather anywhere on the globe by entering an airport identifier, city name, even a zip code. Of course, AOPA FlyQ keeps track of your recent selections for quick future access and stores graphics and METARs/TAFs on the phone so they’re available even when you’re not connected to the Internet (such as in flight).
No time to plan a flight? Give us 30 seconds and watch AOPA FlyQ assemble the perfect wind-optimized flight plan between any two US airports. Tell AOPA FlyQ where to depart, where to land, and how to fly there (Victor airways, Jet Airways or GPS Direct) and AOPA FlyQ plots the whole course including all the navaids and intersection—not a simple straight line. It even uses the winds-aloft forecast to give you the ideal altitude for each leg of your trip. To make your life easier, AOPA FlyQ automatically requests an official DUAT weather briefing so you’re good to go. And since filing the flight plan takes one tap it’s easy and quick to fly safely. AOPA FlyQ remembers your recent flights and home airport so you can often plan a flight by picking from a list of recently used airports rather than typing.
Moving Map and Approach Plates
AOPA FlyQ Pocket does not include a moving map or approach plates because it’s designed for pre-flight planning rather than in-flight use.
Do you want to impress your friends? Do you want to know where this 9 o'clock flight you see every day is flying to? Are you an aviation enthusiast or a plane spotter who wants to see what flight will arrive next at the local airport? Then this tool is the right choice for you. It is useful for anyone who wants aircraft information instantly and it is surely a nice gag too.
What makes us better?
There are various sites at the internet providing you with online radars. Why choose us?
We are the FASTEST, because we restrict to targets you can really spot at your location. As we do not deliver a huge amount of unnecessary data, we are also the LEANEST when it comes to bandwith consumption. We are focussed on usability, not on eye candy. No unnecessary clicks with our unique concept. We are the QUICKEST when the question comes to find the plane. What could be easier than pointing your phone to the aircraft you want details for? Last but not least augmented reality is a crucial part of the usability concept even available in the base version.
Need help? Visit our website www.radarworkx.com
Since June 2009, Glob provides to Glubbers a full set of features allowing drivers to optimize their trips. Real road users' Community, Glob tries to show an other way of driving in safety.
Glob warns you while driving close to speed cameras, speed traps, accidents or road works but allows you to share your favourites trips and more...
As a single traffic info source is never enough, Glob adds its own real time crowd sourced traffic info.
• 3D/2D Map
• Background use, warns you or declare incidents even if you are using Google Navigation or any GPS software
• North or ahead driving orientation
• Multi-source traffic info (Google and/or Glob)
• Accident, road works, speed traps alert based on users declarations
• Biker Mode
• Day/Night Mode
• Single tap notification
• Gesture notification, Sony LiveView, hands free buttons
• Trip sharing
Help us to update speed camera database by registering on http://g-lob.com
Flight Map is a unique application that works as your own personal flight tracker (Sky map) while flying in an airplane. It shows where you currently are, speed, altitude and some other information about your flight. You can check the Estimated Time of Arrival of your flight while you are sitting on a plane. You can see how far from the target airport you are. You can also see and name the landmarks on the way, so that you know what you see from your window.
There are two more version of Flight Map - Flight Map FREE which you can try for free and see if it works on your device without some functionality and Flight Map HD which includes more detailed world map, but it comes at a price of consuming more space in your phone's memory.
Flight Map also displays visible and used GPS / GLONASS satellites, so you can use it as a GPS testing tool. The GPS function works when your phone is in airplane mode, because it does not broadcast any radio, it rather listens to the GPS satellites only.
- Real time position of the plane on the map
- Zoomable world map not dependent on a connection to internet
- Your own personal flight tracker
- Works when your phone is in Airplane mode, so it can be used anytime while in flight
- Recording your route and sharing it on the internet
- Database of world airports
- Entering destination as longitude / latitude coordinates
- Estimated Time to Destination and Time to Arrival depending on the plane type and position
- Dark / Light skin
- Metric / Imperial units
- Multilanguage (currently English, Spanish, Portugese, French, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Czech, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hungarian)
- Map can be fullscreen or split screen with real time flight data
- GPS / GLONASS Satellites real time display depending on your device capabilities
- Sunrise and sunset at present position
- Line to destination can be shown or hidden
- Altitude calculation calibrated either to sea level or destination altitude
Please note that Flight Map is heavily dependent on the quality of your device's GPS capabilities. If your device is capable of A-GPS (Assisted GPS), please run the application while on the ground, so that the satellites' positions get downloaded from the internet, it will be much easier for the device to pick up signal when in the air.
Please share your experience with various devices. Most of the time Flight Map works perfectly when sitting in a window seat and does not work too good when sitting two seats from the window or more. In any case we recommend to move the device to the window, let it pick up the satellites signal first and then try how far from the window it can pick up the signal. The screen showing the visible and used satellites is designed to help you with this.
If your device is capable of receiving GLONASS signal, the satellites are shown with a differently colored border. If you want to translate Flight Map into your language (or correct our translation), please contact the developer. The first run of the application takes a while because it needs to unpack the whole world map to be able to display it.
Polish translation thanks to Tomasz Pryca
Hungarian translation thanks to Dr. Istvan Lunczer
- Affichage sur un fond de carte embarquée (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap). Carte OSM en standard, OACI, Cartabossy, ... en option. Utilise le système de tuiles standardisé
- Enregistrement des vols et exportation au format KML (visualisation des vols sur Google Earth)
- Affichage (replay) des vols en mémoire avec l’ensemble des instruments actifs
- Choix des unités (km/h, nœuds, mètres, pieds, km, milles, litres, galons, …)
- Gestion automatique du carnet de vol
- Check-list (choix avion, personnalisation par importation d’un fichier texte)
- Affichage de l’altitude en AMSL ou AGL (correction GUND)
- 5 configurations (décollage, croisière, approche, atterrissage, roulage ou libre) paramétrables (zoom, carte, orientation, surcharge cartes vac géolocalisées, instruments, …) permettant la personnalisation rapide de l’affichage pendant le vol
- Affichage des zones aériennes en surimpression de la carte
- Alarme de pénétration des zones
- Affichage des paramètres de vol sur instruments (HSI, ILS, Altimètre, Compas, Navigation display, VOR, …)
- Base de données de plus de 1500 aérodromes, bases ULM, alti-surfaces, hydro-surfaces, …. avec description complète, fréquences, pistes, météo, cartes VAC, cartes d’approche, fiche BASULM, photos, …
- Affichages des pistes en surimpression de la carte avec identification
- Affichages du METAR brut et décodé
- Mémorisation de « ma base », les dernières destinations, les destinations préférées pour un accès rapide
- Affichage des terrains à proximité triés par distance avec cap
- Affichage des points de report, VOR, NDB, …
- Affichage du profil du terrain et zones aériennes en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion (zoom réglable)
- Affichage du vecteur de vitesse de l’avion sur la carte et le profil du terrain (réglable)
- Gestion des points personnels
- Analyse (mesure) du vent avec prise en compte dans les calculs de navigation
- Surveillance de la batterie avec alarme
- Manipulation adaptée aux vols turbulents, ULM avec boutons de taille importante
- Menu contextuel pour accès rapides et simples aux fonctions
- Prise de notes au doigt (exemple fréquence, …)
- Affichage des prévisions météo sur carte animée de la pluie, du vent, de la foudre, des nuages, … sur 48h
- Affichage des Gramet (Graphiques météo)
- Création, modification de routes
- Importation de routes au format GPX (ex. Navigation de François Fouchet, …), importation directe ou par email (simplifie les échanges)
- Partage de routes avec d’autres pilotes par email
- Calcul des consommations avec alarme selon autonomie de l’appareil
- Affichage du log de nav
- Accès aux cartes géolocalisées (VAC et approche directes sur carte), mises à jour des données pour une période d’un an
Voir les captures d'écran sur http://www.aero-concept.fr/captures-ecran
Dans cette version :
- Nécessite un appareil récent Android V4.0 mini avec plus de 1Go de RAM (1Go possible si épuré)
- Les données ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine et la Corse, l'Irlande et la Belgique.
- La visualisation des autres utilisateurs sur la carte (échange automatique des positions en vol) n’est pas opérationnelle
- Les frontières et côtes maritimes des zones peuvent être inexactes
Ces limitations seront corrigées au fur et à mesure.
Aero Nav, Air nav, HSI, Navigation display, Nav display, GPS, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, avion, ULM, Ultralight, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compas, HSI, PFD, Route, Flightplan, VAC, AIP
Aviation tools: flight computer (most useful CR3 & E6B functions), pilot logbook assistant, airfield database, weather charts, weather getter, NOTAM getter, post-flight fuel check, fuel order, refuel check, wind calculator, snowtam decoder, descent angle calculator, ice & turbulence forecast decoder, altimeter temperature correction, underload calculator, briefing buddy, quick performance, great circle calculator, weight and balance calculator, sunrise/sunset calculator, hold calculator & metric altimetry calculator.
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
Browse layers like Wikipedia,videos from YouTube, photos from Panoramio or the current weather & forecast.
App includes map types for all your needs!
•City map with more details than googlemaps – see for yourself!
•Traffic map : See current traffic conditions to avoid traffic jams
•Public transport map with train, bus and subway routes - find the station nearest to you and quickly get around town like a local
•Cycling map with bike routes and contour lines - plan your next cycling tour
•Walking map – enjoy detailed and walk-friendly maps - explore the city in the best way possible: on foot
•Satellite view from googlemaps – enjoy the view from the space
Combine maps with these layers including fascinating data:
★ Photos on map: Photos from worldwide photo sharing database Panoramio (100 million photos)
★ Videos on map : Localized videos on YouTube
★ Weather on map: Get current weather data and weather forecasts - what is the best day to explore the city?
★ Wiki on map: Wikipedia guide - read Wikipedia information about selected cities, sights, attractions and interesting places
★ Street view on map: See the world on street level with street view
Autocomplete function for addresses and search terms makes searches so easy. It uses your location to propose results in the area. Autocomplete function can work with:
•Addresses (street name & house number, city)
•POI Nearby points of interest like hotels, restaurants, shopping, museums, stations and more
Recognition of your location via GPS (latitude, longitude) or IP-address if available.
App is optimized for smartphones and tablets.
App uses googlemaps and OpenStreetMap (OSM).
Explore your city on a map! If you live in the United States (US) e.g. New York or Los Angeles, Houston or Dallas, Chicago or Atlanta, San Francisco or Washington.
OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. Two major driving forces behind the establishment and growth of OSM have been restrictions on use or availability of map information across much of the world and the advent of inexpensive portable satellite navigation devices. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
All cities and countries of the world: london, paris, bangkok, singapore, istanbul, hong kong, madrid, dubai, frankfurt, kuala lumpur, seoul, rome, New york, shanghai, barcelona, milan, amsterdam, vienna, beijing, taipei, Rio de janeiro, tokyo, quito, Abu dhabi, tunis, dubai, taipei, istanbul, beijing, bogota, lima, riyadh, nairobi, singapore, seoul, cairo, shanghai, toronto, washington, D.C., caracas, moscow, St. petersburg, San francisco, johannesburg, florence, Los angeles, honolulu, bahrain, shanghai, toronto, berlin, budapest, dublin, mecca, prague, cancun, macau, venice, warsaw, mexico, guangzhou, benidorm, orlando, miami, munich, shenzen, sydney, lisbon, Las vegas, hangzhou, marrakesh, tokyo, mumbai, Sao paulo, pakistan,turkey, jakarta, nepal, USA, indonesia, Philippines, oman, india, israel, italy.
Youtube marker added. Localized youtube videos.
New cool looking user interface. New map types (traffic, hiking).
Wikipedia map added. Now you can read georeferenced Wikipedia articles.
Pricing: 45-day free trial then $4.99/month - includes Fuel prices and Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams at no extra cost. There is no other Android App with a feature set so rich and a price so unbeatable.
See your GPS position on seamless/stitched Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts. Track-up or North up.
Fast, flicker free, high-quality maps - powered by BA3 Altus mapping engine - same mapping engine that powers the most popular apps on iPAD/iPhones.
Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams - at no extra cost.
FBO Information and Fuel Prices (updated daily: courtesy GlobalAir.com) - at no extra cost.
DUAT Briefing and Filing
Hi-res Terrain and obstacles
Bends-only Victor airways
Winds aloft in flight plans
Support for both phones and tablets - landscape or portrait mode.
Split-screen support (See Plates side-by-side Map)
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
-Gyro Attitude Indicator, with auto-calibration and auto-leveling. For devices without gyro sensors, attitude is derived from GPS. Indicator shows extreme attitude chevrons to guide you back to a safety if you find yourself in an unusual attitude
-"Glass cockpit" Primary Flight Display using digital tapes for Speed, Altitude, Heading, Vertical Speed and Rate of Turn
-Position relative to nearest airport in plain English (convenient for ATC position reports), with a global database of 23,000 airports, including tower frequencies
-Automatic Flight Timer
-Fully configurable display, in portrait and landscape mode
-Choice of imperial or metric units
Provides pilots with a backup for their artificial horizon, airspeed indicator, altimeter and compass on a modern PFD.
Continuous Adaptive Auto-Calibration adjusts the gyro for sensor drift as a result of temperature, engine vibration and sensor errors, and a Kalman filter combines input from multiple sensors for better attitude stability.
For correct indication, the device needs to be placed vertical, with the screen facing the pilot, but aligned with the axis of flight (i.e., not rotated for better viewing). Level the attitude indicator by tapping the center at any time.
If desired, choose 'Use GPS for attitude' to force GPS-derived attitude indication (ignoring gyro sensors).
Sensors are optimized for use in flight, and will show dip and bank at slow speeds (eg in a car).
Upon start-up, the tapes will show red X marks to indicate that no reliable GPS signal is available. Once a reliable GPS signal has been captured, speed and altitude tapes will show. If attitude is derived from GPS, the attitude indicator and heading tape will show once moving at a speed of greater than 10 kts. A reliable GPS signal may not be possible indoors.
The frequency of GPS updates varies considerably between devices. The age of the last GPS fix is shown when >3s, to warn that the GPS data is old. All indications are not reliable when the GPS data is old.
Air data is derived from GPS, and therefore only an approximation of actual air speed, altitude and heading (and attitude for devices without gyro sensors). Do not use for primary navigation or attitude reference. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application.
Most devices have accelerometer sensors, but this is not the same as gyro sensors. Gyro attitude is only possible with gyro sensors, so please check your device documentation to confirm you have gyro sensors. If not, Flight Instruments will derived attitude information from the GPS, which is still very useful in flight, but not as smooth and accurate as gyro indication.
DISCLAIMER: This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for primary navigation. All information is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application
It's an integrated primary flight display based on a G1000 glass cockpit.
This flight deck includes:
- Attitude (Pitch and Roll)
- Ground Speed
- Slip / Skid
- Turn Angle
- Magnetic / True Heading
- Latitude and Longitude
- Sound Level
- Vertical Acceleration (G Force)
- Atmospheric Pressure (Kollsman window) *
- Light *
- Humidity *
- Battery Temperature
- Battery Charge (and Low Batt alert)
- Battery Volts and Amps
- Battery Status and Health
- Ambient temperature (OAT) *
- Power cable source and status
- Local Time and Date
The artificial horizon uses gyroscopes when available and is unaffected by trajectorial accelerations.
Units of speed (knots, km/h, miles, m/s), altitude (feet,meters), temperature (ºF, ºC) and pressure (hPa, InHg) are selectable by the user in the bottom menu.
All gauges use a proportional integral filter to smooth movements.
For best results the device should be placed vertically and aligned with the pitch axis.
Attitude can be calibrated to correct small deviations of device support.
The application adapts to any screen size and resolution.
- Gauges marked with an asterisk (*) are "device dependent" and may not all of them be available in all devices, in that case a red cross or lined values are shown.
- The speed shown is relative to the ground.
- The altitude is msl.
- GPS is required to get the speed, altitude and heading. At low speeds (< 3m/s), the magnetic heading is shown even when GPS is selected.
- Sound recording for the sound level gauge.
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
NOTE: If Google Play is not built into your Android, you can obtain this app from our website http://phone-e6b.com
Phone E6B is much more than just an E6B - it is a complete flight planning system. Type in a route of flight and wind conditions. Phone E6B will look up the coordinates of each location along your route of flight and calculate the time, distance, and fuel consumption for your flight. Look up the weather conditions at your departure and destination airports. Look up the coordinates and elevation of airports all over the world. Save a Weight and Balance profile for your airplane so that you can quickly calculate W&B without typing in again the arms and empty weight. Calculate holding pattern entries. Calculate how far you can glide at a given descent rate and ground speed. Calculate the effect of humidity on density altitude. Of course, Phone E6B can also do everything that a slide-rule E6B can do. Phone E6B costs a little more than some other E6B software because it does so much more. Phone E6B costs a tiny fraction of the cost of the fuel to do a few touch and goes.
• Time, speed, distance
• Fuel consumption
• Wind correction – WCA, ground speed, time en route
• Headwind/crosswind components of wind
• Pressure and density altitude
• True airspeed and true altitude, Mach number, speed of sound
• Weight and balance
• Weather reports
• Units conversions
• Distance and course to travel between two locations based on their latitude and longitude
• Holding pattern entries
• Glide distance
• Fuel weight from volume and density
• Ability to look up the latitude and longitude of airports and NAVAIDS all over the world (over 30000 airports and 9690 NAVAIDS)
• Ability to look up the latitude and longitude of navigational fixes in the U.S.
The demo does not contain all the functionality of the version available for purchase.
For more details, see http://phone-e6b.com
Video tutorials are available at http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoneE6B
NOTE TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE U.S.: It appears that it impossible to purchase apps through the Android Market in some countries. Phone E6B is always available directly from our website http://phone-e6b.com
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: email@example.com Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
IMPORTANT: the new Android permissions requested when install or update the app (Send_SMS and Receive_SMS) are needed for the new MAYDAY feature. These options of send and/or receive SMS inside the app are entirely controlled by the user in the app Settings.
• real-time GPS moving map
• graphical visualization of country air space (experimental)
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• MAYDAY button: send an automatic SMS with current location (only in devices that support this feature) and activation of a route to the nearest waypoint
• show real-time flight tracks
• save flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook)
• only one licence needed for all your Android devices
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (10,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!