Simply reading a Chess book without a Chess board is not easy unless you are Vishy Anand or Magnus Carlsen! What if you could read your PDF Chess ebooks or magazines as well as follow the games on a Chess board, all in one screen!? This is exactly what this app helps achieve.
All your Chess books and magazines in the palm of your hand!
Ideal for Large screen phones and Tablets.
=== FEATURES ===
☆ Open YOUR ebook in pdf, djvu format or purchase from the Store!
☆ Built-in Store with magazines from Chessdom (Chess Insider) and Chess.com (The Master's Bulletin)!
☆ Open e-magazines from New in Chess, USCF, Chess Today, British Chess Magazine etc
☆ Analyze with the power of two Chess engines! (touch and hold board for more options -> Analyze This)
☆ Open web sites like chesscafe.com, chessbase.com. How to read Google Books? http://goo.gl/0Soij
☆ Talk to move! (experimental)
☆ Copy board position to other apps like Droidfish, Chess for Android
☆ Book options like Day/Night mode, Bookmarks, Multi-touch zoom, Crop, Split
☆ Edit Annotations/variations, change Board themes and much more
=== FREE vs PRO ===
♚ Free has Ads.
♚ Free does NOT have Save game option
♚ Free has other minor UI limitation while loading games from PGN
=== NOTE ===
♚ Once you launch the app, please click Install button and follow onscreen instructions. This will install an open source app, EBookDroid which is required for showing ebooks.
♚ You need to manually move the pieces on the board, just like in real life. This app does NOT automatically make moves on the board if you tap the ebook.
♚ This app does not contain any pirated or commercial chess ebooks. You are free to load any Chess ebook in pdf, djvu or djv format.
♚ This app comes with a sample copy of "Bonus chapters from the book - Learn from Garry Kasparov’s Greatest Games" by FM Eric Schiller (http://ericschiller.com/)
Follow on Google Plus: http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
The app is currently intended for playing with a friend or experimenting by yourself.
**Note: Certain users may need to press a physical menu button on their device to access the options menu instead of the action bar at the top.
Chess style graphics set
AI bots to play against
For rules, videos, tutorials, online matches and more, visit:
The minimalist icon set, app icon, and various graphics have been provided by Nathan Hwang.
This software is being provided with a written authorization from Arimaa.com and in compliance with "Section 3
of the Arimaa Public License". Authorization #131207. Any rights granted by the end user license of this software
apply only to this software and do not extend to the Arimaa game. The end user is responsible to ensure that any
derivative work based on this software complies with the Arimaa Public License and obtain any authorization or
license by contacting Arimaa.com. The Arimaa name is a trademark of Arimaa.com. The Arimaa game is patented.
The Arimaa game rules, the Arimaa board design and the Arimaa piece design are copyright protected. The Arimaa
Public License allows cost free use of the Arimaa game for non-commercial use.
Improve your chess by playing against a strong computer chess engine. Choose the desired difficulty and start playing. You can also play with a friend.
Games can be played with a different time control limits: moves, times, increments. You can also set the strength of the chess engine.
Other features include:
* play against another player (on the same device);
* choose the desired level of difficulty
* enable/disable "permanent brain". With this feature activated the computer will think up moves even when it's not its turn to move. Enable this feature for maximum playing strength.
* save and load games to pgn files. Share them with your chess partners via email.
* get hints from the computer when you don't know what to move
* flip the board
* edit the board to start a game with custom piece locations (check the attached screenshots)
* take back the last move or all moves, redo it, replay the whole game. You can even force the computer to move when you want with the Move now button. This will stop the thinking process and force the computer to move the current best move.
Dark Knight , by darktemplar824, is an open-source GPLv3 Honeycomb-optimized fork of the Droidfish chess engine, an Android interface to the stockfish chess engine.
Droidfish is developed by Peter Österlund at http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/ as a similar application to Dark Knight for Android phones. It is also licensed under the GPLv3.
Stockfish is an open source chess engine, developed by Tord Romstad, Joona Kiiski and Marco Costalba and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3. The program originated from another open source program by Romstad named Glaurung.
* Opening book
* Unlimited undo/redo
* Copy/paste to/from clipboard
* Analysis mode
* Two player mode
* Computer vs computer mode
* Edit board
* Support for PGN variations
* Multiplayer support coming soon!
* In game mode, long press chess board to activate copy/paste menu.
* In edit board mode, long press chess board to activate edit menu.
* Scroll left/right on the chess board to undo/redo moves.
* If the game contains multiple variations, scroll up/down on the chess board to go to the previous/next variation.
ChessTastic can analyze games to find better alternatives to moves. By using hints described above, players can optimize strategies and use the computer to improve their play. Analysis can be activated in Settings.
ChessTastic contains a small internal opening book. If you want to use a larger book, you can configure ChessTastic to use a polyglot book file:
1. Create a directory called ChessTastic on the SD card folder.
2. Copy one or more polyglot book files to the ChessTastic directory.
3. From the program menu, activate the Select opening book function.
4. Select the opening book file you want to use.
ChessTastic can load games from PGN files. To use this feature:
1. Create a directory called ChessTastic/pgn on the SD card folder.
2. Copy one or more PGN files to the ChessTastic/pgn directory.
3. Long press the chess board and select Load game from PGN file.
4. Select the file, then the game within the file you want to load.
GNU GPL v3
* Stockfish is developed by Tord Romstad, Marco Costalba and Joona Kiiski.
* Droidfish is developed by Peter Österlund. (http://web.comhem.se/petero2home/droidfish/)
* Dark Knight is a Honeycomb fork of Droidfish. Its source is available at SourceForge.net.
* ChessTastic is a Lollipop fork of Droidfish and Dark Knight. Sources available at https://code.google.com/p/material-chess-android/ . Do help me out if possible!
If the chess diagrams are not being recognized, then try setting the video resolution higher than the default (say to 1280 x 720) and/or setting the ISO to a high value instead of leaving it on auto. Also remember to keep the page as flat as possible in reasonably bright light. A green box will appear around the diagram after one successful recognition. By default two identical recognition of the same diagram in a sequence are necessary (this can be changed in settings) for a final successful result. If you are only recognizing diagrams from modern books then you can usually set the double recognition flag to false.
Before you try this app on your chess books you should take any pdf file from http://www.qualitychess.co.uk/pdf.htm and print out a single page, and then try recognition of the diagram with ChessOcr. Recognition of the diagrams in these pdf files also works when they are displayed on a computer screen, but is not as reliable. If your device does not have autofocus then the app will likely not work well enough to satisfy you, but on devices with autofocus it works well on modern books. However, recognition is not as reliable for books with older fonts, or poorly printed diagrams.
You can also use a free database that I maintain to look up the games associated with a given recognized position as follows:
1) Install ChessOcr app and SCIDOntheGo https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.scid.android
2) Download zip file http://www.kgrothapps.com/files/dbmsall-aug-9-14.zip then unzip and put these files in SCID directory.
3) Start SCIDOntheGo app and do file open database dbmsall-aug-9-14.zip, and keep this database open.
4) Long press on the board, go to bottom of menu, and select "Retrieve position".
5) First time set selection of ChessOcr to be the permanent association.
6) Place diagram in middle of video, large as possible and press screen to start.
7) Recognized position is drawn on screen, press which colour is to move.
8) Resulting position is returned to SCIDOntheGO
9) Do "Search, Search current board, Ok" and then pgn for matching games will be retrieved.
You can use "Retrieve position" from the chess app DroidFish by doing long press on the board, going to the bottom of the menu, and then selecting "Retrieve Position".
Whether you’ve never played Sudoku before or you’re an experienced Sudoku player, you’ll love Sudoku In Space! If you’re new to Sudoku, Allen the Alien will teach you how to play with his step-by-step tutorial. Think you’re an expert at Sudoku? The colors-only mode will surely challenge your brain and skills!
★ Four difficulty levels: Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard.
★ Hundreds of unique puzzles.
★ Play in colors-only mode for a cosmic challenge.
★ Play with numbers for a more classic challenge.
★ Relaxing music and stellar sounds.
★ Intuitive user interface that’s easy to navigate.
★ Auto-save after every move so you don’t have to worry about interruptions.
★ Three hints per puzzle to use without penalty.
★ Learn how to play Sudoku with a step-by-step tutorial by Allen the Alien.
"If you’re looking for a new way to play Sudoku, or if you’ve never played before because it hasn’t appealed to you, try this. You might be pleasantly surprised, like I was! Score: A" - Nerdy But Flirty
"...pretty much blows the traditional paper and pen version out of the water. With this version of Sudoku you'll be treated to all kinds of fun and vivid colors, music, sound effects, and graphics, something you're probably not used to when it comes to Sudoku."
"It’s a creative new take on Sudoku that contains many levels of games of varying difficulty with an optional gameplay twist that utilizes colors 'for a cosmic challenge.' - 4 out of 5 stars" - http://androidappsreview.com/2014/09/03/sudoku-in-space-android-game/
"Sudoku in Space is the sudoku game for people who thought they couldn’t play sudoku!...If you’ve always struggled with learning how to play Sudoku or you’re looking for a new way to play, you’ll definitely enjoy Sudoku in Space." - http://in-our-spare-time.com/sudoku-space-app/
Learn how to solve Sudoku puzzles with Sudoku In Space! The tutorial gives easy instruction for beginners. Play with colors or numbers. Follow Allen the Alien’s story as he moves from galaxy to galaxy with your help. Sudoku In Space is available in English, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Battle asteroids, space junk, alien invaders, and massive bosses
- Activate a variety of unique weapons
- Test your skills in 9 different levels under 3 different difficulty settings
We need YOU to protect Earth from extraterrestrial threats!
Use Special Operations to elevate your word game strategy:
- Cover ID: Add a blank tile to your hand to make stronger words.
- Surveillance: Spy on your opponent’s letters to anticipate their next move.
- Misdirection: Shuffle the multipliers to confuse your opponents.
- Switch: Give one of your letters to an opponent and get their best letter in return.
- Flash Bomb: Destroy the multipliers for one turn to stop opponents from using them.
- Sabotage: Throw a wrench in your opponent’s gears and make them lose half of their last turn score.
- Double Agent: Activate a sleeper agent who will steal half of your opponent’s last turn score and give it to you.
Play against 2-4 friends per game, and play up to 30 games simultaneously. Pick standard placement of multipliers or random placement of multipliers. Choose the time limit and word guess limit per turn. Win games and play Mission Words to spin Bonus Wheels.
Here’s what the media is saying about Wordspionage, the exciting new turn-based strategy word game:
"If you're a fan of multiplayer word games, Wordspionage will give you an alternate take with plenty of new ways to make your friends crazy."
- Phil Hornshaw, Appolicious
"...Wordspionage is welcome break from the monotony of other, similar games and at the same time offers something completely new."
-Tom Dawson, Android Headlines
"...mess up your opponent in a series of ingenious and frustrating ways..."
- Jeremiah Rice, Android Police
"...plenty of innovative features to test and tease your word building and strategic skills..."
- Adeline Gear, AndroidShock
"...it is a breath of fresh air to crosswords, seriously, Napland Games managed to innovate CROSSWORDS."
- Alan Horgan, The Arcade
- Deceptively simple, fun, and addictive game
- Catch the falling shapes with the shapes bar
- Use the paintbrush power-up to paint all the shapes the same color
- Use the clock power-up to slow down the falling shapes
- Earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold Badge with your hi score
- Brag about your Badge on Facebook
- Add yourself to the Leaderboard to see how you stack up against players from around the world