No internet connection needed.
The King James Bible is the most printed book in the history of the world. Any so-called “1611” King James Version you buy today at the local Christian Bookstore is absolutely NOT the 1611. .. it is the 1769 Baskerville Birmingham revision, even though it admits that nowhere, and may even say “1611” in the front… it’s just not true. Prepare to be shocked! The spellings have been revised, and some words changed, in almost every printing done since 1769, and fourteen entire books plus extra prefatory features have been removed from almost every printing done since 1885!
The 1611 King James Bible was writen more than four hundred years ago when the English language was different. The original 1611 A.D. text, written in Early Modern English, shows the language in closer association with its Latin roots. Spelling was in Jacobean style which was not entirely standardized, but could be read phonetically. The original typeface was in Gothic style. Although both the typestyle and the older language may be considered difficult to read by some 21st Century English readers, the King James Version is recognized and respected for its beauty, cadence, and poetic feel.
English spelling differences in John 3:16
- U = V (Example: loued = loved; gauve = gave)
- y with 'e' above it was used as represent the 'thorn' character, which means 'the')
- nn (Sonne = Son)
Other spelling differences
- V = U (Example: vnto = unto | See John 1:11)
- VV = W (Example: svvord = sword) [The V was called a 'U', this is why we still call a W a 'double U']
- I = J (Example: Iesus = Jesus | See John 1:17)
- Long "s" letters look similar to "f" letters (Notice the 'Old Testament' type example on the right)
-Highlight important verses with selected color scheme, (Yellow, Green, Tan, Orange and Blue)
-Search function for easy navigation
-Side Notes – Attach your thoughts, comments and meditation or book for future reference
-Share your favorite verse through Mail, SMS, Facebook
-Choose from a selection of different font style ( Arial, Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Trebuchet MS)
-Easily increase/decrease font size
-Retrieve highlighted verses
-No Internet connection needed
It comes complete with New and Old testaments. Fast and easy to use.
Take your Bible with you wherever you go.
This app contains advertising.
From the earliest days of Christianity, Christians have gathered at regular times each day and night to read the Bible, praise God and pray for the world. Daily Prayer helps the Christians of today take part in this regular pattern of worship.
For every day of the year, it presents material for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer in both contemporary (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) forms. All services are provided in full and include Bible readings (NRSV translation), psalms, canticles and seasonal variations.
The app also allows you to:
- Access Morning, Evening and Night Prayer for yesterday, today and a month ahead
- Switch between Contemporary and Traditional formats with one click
- Increase/reduce the type-size of all services
The app is free to download and includes free access to online material up to one month in advance. To view material offline and access to material up to 12 months in advance, a small annual subscription fee applies.
Other features of the app include:
- Details of the Feast Days, Festivals and Commemorations from the Common Worship Calendar
- Full readings (NRSV translation) without the need for a separate Bible app
- Easy access to alternative texts within the app in simple pop-up windows
- Clear, clean, elegant typography that mirrors closely the award-winning Common Worship design.
Daily Prayer is the first official app to allow easy and elegant access to the hugely popular Daily Prayer feed from the Church of England website. It is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at http://aimermedia.com/chp-tos/
Daily Prayer is the latest app in a range of official Church of England apps developed with Aimer Media, links to which can be found within the app and at http://aimermedia.com/client/church-of-england/ .
Make Bible study and reflection part of your everyday routine with the Reflections for Daily Prayer app.
This easy to use daily prayer app is based on the only Bible reading notes designed specifically for the Church of England by Church House Publishing. Following the Common Worship lectionary, the Reflections for Daily Prayer app allows you to read and reflect every day on the same passages as thousands of Anglicans worldwide.
To explore this prayer time app, download this free app with sample of Reflections for Daily Prayer for free including this week's reflections. To continue getting your daily reflection choose from a weekly, monthly or annual subscription for six daily bible reflections a week (Monday to Saturday) including:
- Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer from Common Worship
- A reflection on a Bible reading
- A Collect (prayer)
- Option to read reflection within "Simple Morning Prayer" format
How does Reflections subscription feature work?
• Downloading the app is free, and you get Reflections every day for one week of six reflections free and you also have access to the previous two weeks worth
• If you choose to subscribe, simply select the one month (£1.99) or annual (£11.99) subscription
• You can turn off auto-renewal any time from your Google Play account settings; or do it right on your device if you don’t want to continue with the auto-renewal of your subscription
The daily reflections are written by leading authors and theologians from around the world, including Alan Bartlett, Rosalind Brown, Steven Croft, Malcolm Guite, Sue Hope, John Kiddle, Jane Leach, Jan McFarlane, Barbara Mosse, David Moxon, Martyn Percy, Ben Quash, Angela Tilby and Jane Williams.
Already one of the most widely used prayer apps available, the Reflections for Daily Prayer app has a number of unique features not found in other prayer apps. For instance, you can:
- Browse reflections by date, author and Bible reading
- Read in scroll or paged formats
- Bookmark your favourite daily entries for easy reference
- See reflections for the week ahead
- Follow Bible reference links to the online Oremus Bible Browser (NRSV) - no need for a separate Bible app
The Reflections for Daily Prayer app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.dailyprayer.org.uk or www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at http://www.aimermedia.com/Reflections/tos
“Reflections is proving just the right sort of biblical personal trainer for thousands of Christians,” Tom Wright.
For each day of the church year, it presents the Common Worship lectionary readings in full, complete with dynamic links to the Bible passages themselves (NRSV translation). All approved variations are clearly presented, including the Additional Weekday Lectionary.
The app also allows you to:
- Access the Collect and Post-Communions for the day at the touch of a button.
- Mark and annotate records – ideal for service planning
- View the week's lectionary in a single page
The app is free to download and includes a free 14 day subscription with offline Bible readings.
Before or after your trial subscription has finished you can sign up to pay for the Lectionary via an auto-renewing subscription. There are online and offline options for 1 and 12 months.
- A full subscription for 1 or 12 months which includes all NRSV Bible Readings immediately available at all times even if when you are not connected to the Internet. Offline access to the NRSV readings.
- A basic subscription for 1 or 12 months where the Bible readings are only available when you are connected to the Internet. Online-only access to the NRSV readings.
The Common Worship Lectionary app includes the official Calendar, Bible Readings (NRSV) and Collects from the Church of England.
The King James Bible will help and guide you through your biblical study, fulfilling the task both by letting you read and listen to the scriptures, as a rounded up spiritual guidance.
As an added feature, the reading text will self-adjust it's size depending of your phone or tablet's screen size, aiming for an easy, uncluttered, reading experience.
Note of Caution: The Speak aloud function may not be installed or configured in your Android device. This Android app will pop up a message box telling you about the need of installing or configuring the voice function inside your Android Device. You may do so by getting into your Android´s home screen, opening the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and scrolling down into the Language & Input option. Inside you will find the Text to Speech configuration panel.
1962 Amharic bible with English KJV bible for parallel reading, bookmarking, searching and sharing,
• Easy searching
• Easy book marking & highlighting
• Easy navigatio
• Sliding menu for goto menu and search panel
• Custom font type & size
• Multiple themes
• Easy navigation to recent chapters
• Can attach notes to any verse
And so much more•
James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy. The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England. In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek and Latin. In the Book of Common Prayer (1662), the text of the Authorized Version replaced the text of the Great Bible – for Epistle and Gospel readings – and as such was authorized by Act of Parliament. By the first half of the 18th century, the Authorized Version was effectively unchallenged as the English translation used in Anglican and Protestant churches. Over the course of the 18th century, the Authorized Version supplanted the Latin Vulgate as the standard version of scripture for English speaking scholars. Today, the most used edition of the King James Bible, and often identified as plainly the King James Version, especially in the United States, closely follows the standard text of 1769, edited by Benjamin Blayney at Oxford.
* NEW - Now use Landscape or Portrait Mode on Your Phone or Tablet
* NEW - Added Extra Tablet Support
* Unlimited Text Size by Pinching Screen to Make Text Larger or Smaller (if supported by phone)
* Super Fast Lookup
* Find Verses in Seconds
* Red Letter Version
* Designed for Church Drvice Use
* No WiFi or Cell Service Needed
* Complete KJV Bible Contained on Device
* Will resize to any device
* Complete Old and New Testaments
* Completely Free
* No ADs
A KJV Bible to use for very fast passage lookup during church services. Completely Free and no ADs. No WiFi or Cell connection needed to view the bible. Very fast loading with each book and chapter indexed and fully selectable on screen. You can choose a book and chapter within seconds. This allows you to quickly keep up with the pastor as he tells you to turn to a specific chapter and verse.
Text too small on your device? Just pinch and expand on your screen just as you would do to make photos larger or smaller. Completely variable text size (Pinch must be supported by your device).
The Easy KJV Bible app will resize itself to most smart phones and tablets. Easy to use controls allow you to quickly go from one passage to another. This version does not have bookmarking or other fancy controls. It is designed solely to be used for quick passage lookup during a church service. That is the main design concept.
The complete bible is contained on the phone so Easy KJV Bible will not need a wifi connection to work. It may ask for networking permissions but that has nothing to do with viewing the bible text. It asks for network permission since it utilizes a webbrowser to view the text but the files you view are on the phone, not on the internet.
If you click the Pucktronics link on the front page, it will go to the internet to show the Pucktronics.com website where you can see all of our Andriod apps we create. That's the only networking utilized in the app and the only time the internet would ever be used on the Easy KJV Bible app.
If you like Easy KJV Bible, please comment and rate it so I can make it be the only bible you will need on your phone.
Keywords: bible, kjv bible, kjv, king james version, fastest bible, complete bible, red letter, resizeable text, large text, holy bible, best bible, best kjv bible, my bible, bible on android, android bible, christian, Christ, church, jesus, christian apps, old testament, new testament, religious, religion, faithful, easy to read, 66 books, church service, best bible app
Bookmarks,notes,audio,sharing your verses across internet, interactive search, day/night mode.
Offline,internet is only required for sharing your verses and hear the audios.
Quick navigation that let you browse the books and chapters.
You can share your favourite verses on a website and see the favourites of other people all over the world,
and discover new verses, search the verses of the people of your country or state.
You can change the size of the text for better usability.
Optimized for low memory usage.
Search the Holy Bible for words o phrases.
Interactive search. Click on the results and you will jump to the Book,Chapter and Verse.
Bookmarks system included.
Hear the Audio of all the Books.
How wonderful and convenient to have your Twi SDA hymnal on your tablet or phone. This is a full featured SDA Hymnal (Twi Edition, Ghana).
The user interface has a clean look with no ads, and very easy to use.
You can quickly and easily find the hymn that you want either by searching with hymn titles and first lines, or the numerical index of hymn numbers based on the Seventh-day Adventist Hymnal®.
Use the search feature to quickly search for words in the title or first line,
or just enter a hymn number to jump directly to that hymn. You can also easily go to the next or previous song just by clicking on next or previous.
It takes a few seconds initially to download and install this app. No internet connection is required after the installation.
This app is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church®.
I would love to hear from you to tell me how I can improve this app.
Now you can search for hundreds of Ghanaian hymns in a matter of seconds. You can also search for a phrase contained in a hymn to look it up. The time to carry huge Hymnbooks; struggle to remember the words of a hymn as well as the hymn numbers are finally over.
1. Changing Hymn Books: The Hymns have been arranged in different Chronological Orders to suit the various Churches for which this app has been carefully designed. You can swap between Hymn books as you please
2. Creeds: A creed is a statement of faith that describes the beliefs shared by a Christian. They are a summary of core beliefs. In some Churches it is recited as part of the religious service. The most popular Creeds are the Nicene and Apostolic Creeds which have both been included in this App.
3. Canticles: A canticle is a type of hymn (strictly excluding the Psalms) taken from the Bible. The term is often expanded to include ancient non-biblical hymns such as the Te Deum and certain psalms used liturgically. The most commonly used Canticles have been included in this app.
4. Advanced Search: This feature is used to search for a particular hymn using a phrase contained in that hymn. You can also search for the phrase in all the Hymns provided by the application.
Latest version changes:
1. added hymns for Baptist, Catholic, Methodist and Presbyterian Churches
2. copy and share hymns in sundry ways (email, whatsapp, SMS, etc.)
3. new, more functional, search bar can be used to search by Hymn Number or Lyrics
4. fixed main hymns list to show first line of first verse
5. bookmark hymns
6. add notes
7. default hymn loaded on startup
8. new, exquisite look and feel
9. minor bug fixes and performance improvements
-Bible [KJV] is 100% Free
-Easy Navigation to Chapter location
-Search Offline through the Bible (by keyword or passage)
-Inbuilt Notes (Add Personal Notes,exportable to txt file)
-Share Verses to SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
-Widget for Bible Verses
-Night Reading Modes (by Color Contrast)
-Adjustable Font Size
New Feature :
Voice Reading of Chapter & Verse
Bible [KJV] is 100% Offline & Free. Now enjoy a full feature Bible [KJV] App at you finger tips.
Enjoy reading with features like Night Mode and variable Font Size.With the inbuilt Notes you can take personal notes. And also use the Bible [KJV] Widget to View the Bookmarked or Favorite Verses on the Go.So that you can view the work of God on the no matter the Time or Place you are in.Download the App Now !!
* The main features of the application:
+ Simple interface, clear, easy to use
+ Search sentence / passage
+ Highlight the passage.
+ Share bible texts on social networks
+ Save your favourite Bible chapters
+ Create notes for each chapter
+ Change the font
+ Change the font size (large font for older people)
Read the Bible every day and come closer to God by use the KJV Bible.
★ Because say it can speak in any of the 21 languages with their accents, It would speak all languages like a person from their country would.
So if your learning another language... you won't get laughed at in class or on holiday anymore trying to say something you don't know how its pronounced...
you'll be able to speak better than anyone else...
★ Languages Say It can translate and speak:
English, French, German, Polish, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Haitian Creole, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
★ Text to Text Translation
★ Text to Voice Translation