A one-stop shop to support your child’s success from pre-K to 12th grade, the Parent Toolkit has helpful tips to work learning and a healthy lifestyle into your busy schedule. Produced by NBC News and sponsored by Pearson.
The Parent Toolkit has been accessibility tested and works with VoiceOver. It’s also available in Spanish and features:
• Academic benchmarks to see what your child is learning at each grade
• Tips to work learning into your everyday interactions with your child
• Health & Wellness recommendations on nutrition, physical activity and sleep
• Information to help you support your child’s social and emotional development - helping them to understand their own feelings and behaviors, as well as those of others
• Tips to encourage a healthy lifestyle for your growing child and ways to work proper nutrition and physical activity into your schedule
• Guides for parent-teacher conferences, school counselor meetings and a checklist for doctor’s office visits
• Link to the latest NBC News education and parenting news as well as original Parent Toolkit blog posts
Enter your child’s grade to get information specifically for your child’s development level. Choose whether you want to browse through Academic Health & Wellness, or Social & Emotional benchmarks and tips.
Set priorities for you and your child to come back to using the Parent Toolkit. A priority is an item that you mark as important to your child’s development. It can be something you want to review later, or a tip you want to remember to try. Use the “+” button to mark items as priorities and create a list for review later. You can then mark items as completed once you’ve accomplished your goals. You can also share helpful information and tips throughout the app with family, friends, and more using social networks or email.
Download and get started today – it’s free!