Pure Rush is a fun and engaging way to learn about illegal drugs.
There are only 2 tickets left for the music festival and time is running out… Race through suburban, outback and cityscapes but beware! You'll have to avoid illegal drugs and their effects to get there as fast as possible.
Pure Rush offers a unique interactive approach to drug education. Players navigate through four Australian-themed levels, learning as they do about the potential harms associated with drug use. Avoiding drugs is the key to success as players race for the best “Pure Rush” time. During focus testing, feedback from students aged 14-17 indicated they found the game enjoyable, age-appropriate, and found the information presented useful and understandable. Secondary teachers will find this app useful in supporting their Health and Physical Education lessons.
* Suitable for ages 14 and up
* Classic side-scrolling runner game
* Incorporates evidence-based information about harms related to use of cannabis, pills/ecstasy, methamphetamines, and hallucinogens
* Available as mobile and web app
* Collect star points to spend on upgrades including health, height of jumps, double jump and star point magnets.
* Sound on/off option to suit classroom or personal use
Pure Rush was funded by the Australian Government, and developed by 2and2, the Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use, and the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at the University of New South Wales.
Find out more about our drug education resources at www.positivechoices.org.au and www.comorbidity.edu.au/cre-resources