Using X-Plane to GPS is very simple; just follow the steps on the Instructions tab. As of version 1.40, the application can automatically configure X-Plane for you! Setting the Active/Paused button to Active will start a background service to ensure that data stays flowing while the application is in the background (the service is terminated when the button is set to Paused). Once the connection is established you will see a valid position on the Data tab and you can switch to the moving map application of your choice. The app has been developed and tested with X-Plane versions 9 and 10; older versions might not work as the UDP data format has changed over time. For more complete instructions please visit the developer's website and download the manual.
X-Plane to GPS is a product of Appropel and is not related to Laminar Research, Google, Garmin, 123west, or PocketFMS.
- Full colour moving map which can be used in Track Up or North Up mode
- Extensive airfield information including licensed, unlicensed and microlight airfields, helipads
- IFR and VFR Reporting points
- Special Rules Areas and VFR routings
- Airspace Information, updated
- Direct-To, Move To Function
- Tap on any point on the map and it shows distance, bearing and ETA. Or insert your own Waypoint
- Flight Log displays distance to next waypoint, ground speed, desired track, ETE and ETA, as well as current position in relation to VFR points for easy position reporting
- Flight Planning : Airspace Intersections and Abeam Waypoints can be inserted (flight plans can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- User Waypoints (can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- E6B Flight Calculator
- Terrain awareness, the display can be set to show ground elevation or Aircraft relative to ground, warning of high ground in a different colour shading.
- Aircraft details and Basic Weight&Balance
- HSI Needle
- RMI Needles and OBI Radials
- Airspace, Obstacle and Terrain Warnings
- A Notepad to write quick notes on the screen
- EasyWeather, a great safety feature (subject to subscription and internet connection in flight) to overlay wind forecasts at different flight levels, and actual radar and satellite images to show thunderstorms (South Africa only)
EasyCockpit can be installed as a free trial app with limited information. In order to obtain the full data, please email AviationDirect at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain pricing and payment details for the full version.
Feature of the app:
50 fully customizable input fields
- the name, position and the visibility of the fields can be changed
FAA / JAR print out
3 different inputpages for new flight entries
- Single Page
- Query Page
- Tab Page
- input of ac registration will fill out ac type
- input of flightnumber will fill out dep and dest
Import function of old flight data (e.g. csv-file)
more than 15 statistical evaluations
Search Filter for stored entries
Licence and LDG Check function
Export and Backup functions
- SD Card and / email / Dropbox
Crew Duty Rest Calculator
Search & Replace function
different time (HHMM, HH:MM) and date (dd.mm.yy / mm/dd/yy / yyy-mm-dd) indiations
Dutyplan synchronisation with Google Calendar
change of text and background color
In the "Time" section, users can get instant access to the time and date for any time zone, including UTC/GMT/Zulu time.
In the "Recent" section, users can quickly access their 3 most recently used time zones.
In the "Converter" section, users can instantly convert any past, current, or future time/date between any two time zones, including UTC/GMT/Zulu.
The users also now have access to 2 brand new widgets!
The "Current Time" widget allows the user to quickly view their current time zone, as well as UTC/GMT/Zulu time.
The "Saved Conversions" widget allows the user to quickly access all of their saved time zone conversions.
- Course, Ground Speed & WCA
- Heading, Ground Speed & WCA
- Wind Speed & Direction
- Fuel Consumption
- Time & Distance
- Runway Crosswind
- True Airspeed
- Density Altitud
- Relative Humidity
You can convert:
-Weight & Balance calculations with editable database of aircraft
-Pressure Altitude/Density Altitude/Headwind-Crosswind Calculation
-Notice to Airmen
-Weather Graphics (Airmet/Sigmet/Winds/Prognostic)
-Abbreviations Dictionary (Weather/NOTAM) from official Notice-to-Airman publication
-E6B (Wind Correction/Time-Distance/Converter)
-FAA Publications (AFD/Terminal Procedures)
-METAR/TAF switchable widgets at two sizes (1x4)(1x5)
Aviationweather.gov and FAA.gov websites are used to gather information.
Please visit my facebook page for any comments, requests and reports..
FIT Aviation's all planes are now in the database. This application is not related nor approved by FIT Aviation by any means. Use at your own risk... Other schools can send their own list of planes so I can add them into the database.
Fully functional beta version, including trip import feature, with expiration date of June 30, 2015. Full version will be free, however, importing schedules will cost 1.99 per month after beta version expires.
****Saved data will NOT be lost upon beta expiration.
****Import trip feature available for following airlines:
* UNITED AIRLINES
* PIEDMONT AIRLINES
* REPUBLIC AIRWAYS
* JETBLUE AIRWAYS
* VIRGIN AMERICA
* JAZZ AVIATION
* GOJET AIRLINES
* SPIRIT AIRLINES
I will be glad to work with pilots from other airlines to extend this trip import feature to them as well. I will also be glad to work with pilots that currently have a trip importer to include the following extra import features available to United pilots.
*EXTRA IMPORT FEATURES* - Available to United (Legacy Continental and Legacy United CCS users):
**trip importer includes the importing of crew names (including DH pilots) for all flights in the trip being imported, crew meal information for every flight, and the following layover information: 'Hotel' (name and phone number), 'Ops' (phone number), 'Limo' (transportation service name and phone number), 'Pickup' (location at airport), and 'Return' (transportation service name, phone number and pick up time from hotel back to airport. All phone numbers can be clicked to make the call.
**An update crew list feature in the 'Day View' page for United pilots (Legacy Continental and Legacy United CCS users). To use, click on the '↓Crew' button from the 'Day View' page top button bar. You can then view the updated crew list categorized by flight numbers from the 'Day and Month View' pages. (Must have the 'United' option selected for the main preferences page 'Trip Import' category first.)
- Automatic backup of all logbook data to SD card (if inserted), or native phone memory (certain phone models).
- Keep track of overs/unders. Choose from 3 options: None, By Flight, or By Day.
- Tracks 'Minimum Pay Per Day' soft time based on user preference.
- Ability to save crew member names and comments.
- Ability to track actual AND scheduled out, in, and total times separately.
- Ability to backup or restore flight data to and from SD card manually.
- Ability to export logbook data to a CSV file.
- Display flights by 'Month' or by 'Day'. (Swipe left/right for previous/next month or day)
- Month Adjust preference provides the ability to set the starting and ending day for the month when viewing schedule in 'Month View' to allow a user to account for company defined month(s) that don't align with standard calendar month(s).
- FT, flight time, and CT, credit time displays in the 'Month' and 'Day View' pages. FT shows total actual flight time flown, while CT shows total credit time based on over/under and minimum pay per day preferences chosen by the user.
- Ability to view your schedule in a calendar.
- Ability to choose which page the application displays at start up.
- Crew rest calculator for computing break times for long haul flights.
- 'Totals' snapshot page for quickly viewing total flight hours in the last 7 and 30 days, 6 and 12 months, as well as landing currency (last 90 days).
- Preference for adding total flight time prior to using this application, so total flight hours in the 'Totals' snapshot page will reflect total flight time (both before and after using this app).
- Ability to get Metar(s) and Taf(s) for any airport.
- Ability to check live airline flight status information
- Ability to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Wind calculator (head/tail/cross)
****If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments that you would like a response to, please contact me at email@example.com
****If you work for an airline not included in the trip import list, please contact me and we can work together to extend the trip import feature for pilots from your airline.
Smart Logbook makes logging flights fast and easy. As a pilot you log flights all the time, so we’ve designed the entire app around that core experience. For example, Smart Logbook can use your phone’s GPS to automatically find your departure or destination airport. No input necessary: just one tap to confirm.
After you log your flights, Smart Logbook keeps them safe by automatically saving your data to our secure servers. If you upgrade or lose your phone, you can restore your flights to your new phone in seconds.
*** Online sync is free for the duration of the beta. When we launch the paid version of Smart Logbook, it will be an optional add-on subscription service. ***
Here’s the current list of Smart Logbook features:
- Database of 40k airports, from virtually every country on Earth.
- Find airports using GPS, or by entering an ICAO, IATA, or FAA code.
- Automatic data sync that makes switching phones super easy.
- Customizable for commercial or private pilots.
- Add multi-leg flights with up to 10 airports.
- Automatic entry of estimated night flying time based on the route and date/time.
- Totals screen. See your total flight time, time by type (PIC, Instrument, Night, etc.), approaches by type, and takeoffs/landings (day, night). Filter totals by date or aircraft.
- Interactive flight map that shows where and how far you’ve flown.
- Search for flights by flight number, airport code, or remarks.
- Export flights to Excel/CSV.
Here are a couple features in the pipeline:
- Currency tracking
- PDF export (for printing your logbook)
“I feel obligated to say that I have been utterly amazed at how user-friendly it is as well as innovative. I especially enjoy the notes section at the end of the training log form where one is able to describe how the day of training went. I also think the option to add pictures of the targets or just memories from the training itself is an excellent feature. I look forward to continue training and learning with it.” - Philip F.
Log your weapons and training in a snap with CCW Guardian. We’ve designed it for in-the-field use with large text and simple navigation. Focus on your training, don’t waste time fumbling with your phone.
World class personal defense instructor, David Reed, led the team to create an easy-to-use app that captures everything you need from the range.
Nobody wants to face a confrontation. But if that happens, demonstrating preparedness and proficiency can be critical in litigation. CCW Guardian provides weapons and training logs, should you ever find yourself in a contentious situation following an incident.
You could do it with pen and paper, and a camera, and a weather station, and a map. But would you? Your iPhone has the power to capture everything you need, including unlimited photos, location and weather!
CCW Guardian is secure. Without a username and password you can’t access the logged information. Multiple users, one device? No problem!
A quick snapshot of your training including:
• Days since you last trained
• Total rounds fired
• Areas of focus
Keep track of your weapons. If your weapons are lost or stolen, you will have quick access to weapon information for police and insurance reports.
• Weapon nickname
• Make & model
• Serial number
• Unlimited photos
Keep track of your permits.
• State issued
• Permit number
• Date issued
• Time valid
• Unlimited photos
Training Session Log
There’s room for every detail you need, even if we didn’t think of it. We automatically collect some data such as date, time, weather, and location. But you can manually override the automatic info if you wish.
• Ammo type
• Target type
• Training focus
• Notes – Put anything you want in here.
• Unlimited photos
“This is the first time I’ve downloaded an app where the the person responsible for making the app has asked for comments.” - RGBoyce
We take your opinion so seriously that we’ve made collecting feedback one of the primary features of CCW Guardian.
CCW Guardian has been in the field for a year. We’ve made numerous improvements based upon our members recommendations.
After all, what good is an app if it doesn’t do what you need it to do?
CCW Guardian works with Android 4.4 and higher only. Due to the many types of Android devices are unable to test on every device. If you experience any issues please let us know by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to address the problem!
Use Airport 4 Pilots in all preparatory and executional modes: including flight planning and en-route lookup. Airports 4 Pilots also includes an emergency "Locate" feature that uses the GPS on your phone to locate the nearest landing facilities, along with directions and distance to each nearby airport. A great utility to use if you are running low on gas.
"Tremendous app: very useful and helpful, with lots of important information at the touch of a finger"
- WRoberts, Chicago
"Lots of info an[d] nice map integration. Good to have offline at some remote airport or location … AOPA should use th[is] instead …"
- FRG Pilot
"Well Done! Very nice App! Pulls up information on the airport in just a couple of seconds. Could really save the day in a real emergency…"
"Well done. Especially like the satellite view of the runway and surrounding area. The amount of data and information is impressive…"
"What an extremely imformative app… The developer did their homework on this one, put so much information in, that you can almost do your flight planning from this app. I have to say it is now one of my favorite avaition apps. I really believe all pilots should invest in this app, you won't go wrong."
"All the information you need for airports in a simple but extremely informative format especially when you need it the most…"
Having aircraft engine trouble? Running low on fuel? No more crash-landing in the parking lot! Airports 4 Pilots will dynamically provide you with a list of the closest landing facilities, public and private, sorted by distance to your present location, and will give also you directions to each located facility, as well as provide a map and comprehensive information on your chosen landing spot.
Airports 4 Pilots provides extra great detail for all public, private and military facilities across the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Pacific Territories. It includes detailed information on each facilities' runways, operations, contacts, services, supplies, frequencies, FSS and more. It also includes current FAA remarks for each facility, as well as satellite imagery and maps.
Airports 4 Pilots sources current data from a range of sources including the FAA and covers the entire WORLD, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe!
Extra detail coverage is included for ALL US regions areas - Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, East Central, Northeast, Southeast, Alaska, Pacific / Hawaii.
Airports 4 Pilots is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection to operate (with the exception of maps and satellite imagery). Updated data, when released, will be made available via the Google Play Store.
NOTE: Global Database is available by regional in-app purchases, with the entire USA and territories included free.
Airports 4 Pilots was designed and developed by Ndili Technologies, Inc.
Lite version allows 3-day free trial.
It requires GPS permissions for its emergency LOCATE! feature.
App For Tesla is a fast, searchable, optimized digital app browser for access to your favorite Tesla resources, including Forums, Clubs, and your 'My Tesla' vehicle configuration page. It supports both logged out/no-account and logged in modes, and adds much-needed forum Search features. App For Tesla is a native app with a user-interface optimized for both phones and tablets. It seamlessly interacts directly with the Tesla services and preserves the full browser-designed display of each individual post while optimizing natively presenting the indexes, with added new features such as search and bookmarking.
- Native access to Tesla forums and clubs threads
- Built-in Search function allows searching through public forum and club posts
- Bookmarking: save and quickly access your favorite posts
- View 'My Tesla' vehicle configuration page
- Support for both Logged In and Logged Out mode
- Post New Threads
- Optimized display of threads
Optimized Resources include:
- Tesla Model S Discussions
- Tesla Model X Discussions
- Tesla Roadster Discussions
- General Discussions about Tesla Motors, EVs and more
- Various Tesla Clubs all over the world
App For Tesla works in both logged-in and non-logged in mode.
In logged-out (or no-account) mode, it still provides:
- Optimized view of threads list
- Search Ability
- Bookmark favorite pages and posts
In logged-in mode, it provides additional features, including:
- View of your My Tesla vehicle configuration and status page
- Access to private threads
- Ability to Post New Threads
- Respond to Current Threads
App For Tesla acts as a fast, intelligent digital browser, with native support for forums and clubs thread lists. To enable access to the logged-in features including private threads and new thread posting, log in directly to your 'My Tesla' configuration page using the 'My Tesla' app module. The app communicates directly and securely with the Tesla site, and provides an optimized and seamless forum and club browsing experience.
Ndili Technologies, Inc. has no affiliation to, and is not associated or sponsored by Tesla Motors, Inc.