The final Phonics app in the Hairies series! Learning phonics is the best way to learn to read and spell. Now introducing, vowel-r and magic ‘e’.
When the letter ‘r’ follows a vowel, the vowel is forced to change its sound.
Magic E states when the letter sits at the end of the word it’s usually silent and strengthens the preceding vowel to say its name.
- Learn 9 phonemes (sounds): ar, or, er, ir, ur, a-e, o-e, i-e, o-e, u-e
- Guides your child through a structured sequence of learning.
- Phonic animations link an action with the sound.
- Trace the letters with your finger.
- Play games to blend the phonemes into a whole word and improve understanding
- Sound out words and understand how the digraph changes the sound of the word
- Release 6 new Hairies at the Yeti Igloo
This is a particularly important skill for those with dyslexia.
Designed for 4-6 year olds.
This app is strictly educational and has no in-app purchases.
Brilliant game. Children learn without realising. – Tina Tortoise
Very good Good consolidation activities for students learning long vowels and the 'magic e' / split digraph spelling pattern. A good introduction/addition for teacher-led phonics activities. – Ceri Williams