Play against AI
- Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
- Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
- Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
- Can undo/redo all moves
- Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
- Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
- On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
- Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
- Play as guest or as a registered user
- Seek/offer match rated and unrated
- View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
- Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options while playing
- Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
- Observe current played games in the chess server or follow highest rated games
- Messages: read and send messages to other users
- Game History: you can examine or send by email all your played games
- Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
- Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
- Premove option: You can introduce the next movement in your opponent’s turn
- Option to confirm the move before sending it to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
- Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
- 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
- Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
- 2D/3D board
- Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
- Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
- Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
- Portrait and Landscape mode
- Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
- Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
- Many piece sets and board styles
- Shows a dot in the side to move and can show board coordinates
- The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
- Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
- Speaks moves, checks and game results
- Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
- Option to keep the screen on while playing
You can try the Free version with ads first
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
-Display of thinking
-Full take back & forward
-Big opening book & named openings
-Set up position
-33 playing levels including easy & blitz
-Database. Save / load games to PGN databases on SD card
-Copy and paste PGN games to clipboard
-Simple, elegant user interface
Chess Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call or exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your Android device, check out Chess Premium today!
Top Rated paid Brain & Puzzle Android Game! New version 1.1 fixing numerous issues.
Chess Pro 3D takes a unique twist on a classic game. With varying ease and numerous settings, you're allowed to customize your degree of difficulty to suit you, all while viewing the board in gorgeous 3D!
Become the next Master Chess Gambit! You may compete against your friends by having the quickest time, or earn achievements by beating the hardest levels. See if you can attain checkmate on the hardest level.
Chess Pro 3D uses the latest technology in emulating various skill levels. Also included are the ability to take back moves, change viewing angles and camera perspective, and a simple touch and move interface.
Download Chess Pro 3D today and become the next Chess Master!
* Optimized for latest droid device!
* Spectacular 3D Graphics
* Intuitive Chess Engine
* Various camera angles
* ability to toggle between birds eye and numerous 3D views
* Take back moves
* Fluid Chess Animation
* Different Difficulty Levels
* Advanced AI engine with eight levels of difficulty and opening book with more than 60000 positions
* FICS client for online gaming with Timeseal
* Local 2-player hot-seat mode
* Save on exit
* Deep Undo and Redo
★ Special introductory price.
Previously nominated for a prestigious BAFTA (Best Interactive Media) - Dinosaur Chess is the best and FUN way to learn and play chess for kids and adults of all ages.
★ Learn how to play chess with 11 bite-sized interactive lessons.
★ Over 20 mini games and puzzles.
★ Play simplified and full chess against six dinosaurs.
★ Play as a boy or girl student.
★ Incredible graphics and animation.
★ Track progress.
★ Entertaining and challenging for kids, children and adults.
★ Learning and playing chess is good for the brain.
Sign up to Professor MacDinosaur's chess class. You will grow from a hatchling fresh from the egg to a huge dinosaur ready to take on the TRex.
The action takes you through different parts of the dinosaur's world from jungles to forests. Here you learn the chess skills that will help you grow enough to defeat the other dinosaurs in battle.
★ No Ads.
★ No In-app purchases.
Store your games on device. Pause & resume game at leisure. Tournament mode notation is designed to comply with USCF rules for electronic scoresheet
Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRS-DDD5RY"
- Stats and player ELO rating calculation
- Informations about the game source of the problem is shown
- ELO of the problem is shown
- Copy position to clipboard as FEN string (to analyze the position for example with DroidFish)
- Buffer to store problems for offline usage
- No Advertising
Before buying this version try the free one with advertising.
Over 20,000 free chess tactics problems to learn and improve your skills in this fascinating game or just to have fun and keep your brain active!
Available 7 difficulty levels that make the puzzle proposed suitable for both beginners and chess master!
All exercises are taken from games played in the most important chess tournaments in the world.
Facebook Page: http://tinyurl.com/ideatactics
【Version up!】 Now you can play against a stronger computer engine in Engine Server Game.
■What is "Shogi Lv.100 (Japanese Chess)"?
Shogi, also known as Japanese chess, is the most popular
thinking game in Japan. Unlike chess, the captured pieces could
be returned to the board to be used as a piece for the captured player.
Why don't you challenge this exciting Japanese game!
The Help feature within the game will help you understand the rules of Shogi.
"Shogi Lv.100" has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert.
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will win medals by defeating computer in off-line game.
If you collect a certain number of medals, new types of board and pieces will be awarded.
■Engine Server Game (Playing tickets are needed to be purchased)
You can play against a stronger engine in "Lv.200 mode" and "Expert mode" .
We have added new 200 strength levels, which are all above the off-line 100 levels.
You can enjoy another higher level of game and challenge to complete all the medals.
We have provided a special mode for further advanced players, in which you can select the playing style among 5 different strategies.
(Fujii system, Rapid attack vs 4th-file rook, Gokigen central rook, Bear in the hole, None)
There are 5 levels of play for each playing strategy.
・Prices of the subscription for playing the Engine Server Game is US$2.54 per month.
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Let you know your turn by vibration
- Automatic zooming for easy viewing and operations
- Save/Load game record
- Hint feature
- Enable to view full game history of the game record and restart game from the selected move
- Transmit game record by e-mail
- Beautiful graphics and realistic sound effects
- Automatic reading out for each move in Japanese
Additional features are coming soon. Try it out!
- Turn-based chess platform
- Super-simple interface that makes chess approachable for any skill level
- Game and move history with simple statistics (more coming)
- Receive notifications when friends make a move and play at your leisure
Note: Contact Read permission is user-initiated for friend invites and never used without your consent.
A chess puzzle is a puzzle in which knowledge of the pieces and rules of chess is used to solve logically a chess-related problem.
The longstanding popularity of chess has paved the way for a rich tradition of such chess-related puzzles and composed problems, which assume a familiarity with the pieces and rules of chess, but can set different objectives than a standard game.
Some chess puzzles may derive from studies which were intended to help a student of the game learn how to seal a victory, but have since evolved into an entirely separate art.
In chess, a tactic refers to a sequence of moves which limits the opponent's options and may result in tangible gain of 2 pawns or more. You do that by using tactics.
Tactics are usually contrasted with strategy, in which advantages take longer to be realized, and the opponent is less constrained in responding. The fundamental building blocks of tactics are move sequences in which the opponent is unable to respond to all threats, so the first player realizes an advantage.
It adapt to the strength of the player by keeping a rating and using ELO. Gives the motifs of the problem so the player can learn which tactics were used.
The Database of problems can automatically updates itself at the beginning of the game. From really easy to really hard, everybody can find a suitable challenge and improves his tactics!
Up for the challenge?
"Crazy Bishop" with very high quality graphics!
Adjustable playing strength from 100 levels!
You can choose the strength of the computer from 258 to 2300 in ELO rating.
Level 1 is extremely weak, and Level 100 is extremely difficult to beat!
The Chess has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert!
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will be rewarded to enable changing the board style and pieces design by collecting medals. (Normal mode only)
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Computer gives your level evaluation by ELO rating in rating mode,
very useful for tracking your progress
- Enter and analyze any position you like in edit mode
- Hint facility to improve your game
- Review mode during a game
- Save/Load game records
- Supporting PGN file for both reading and writing
- Export game records via e-mail in text format or as a PGN file
- Enable to view full game history in the game record and restart game
from the selected move, which should be very practical for improving your chess
- Autosaves your current game
-Open games with common Android applications (see list below)
-Organize and manage games in dedicated lists
-Import games from PGN files
-Filter games by attribute (i.e. player's name, date, ...)
-Analyze chosen position with Analyze This application
-Add games with voice recognition and simple interface
-Chess for Android
-Chess at ICC
-Scid on the go
* Note *
This application is indented to inter work with other Android chess applications taking full advantage of Androids mutli-application platform. Its purpose is to enhance and bring together various chess applications with their unique features. Any suggestions, ideas and requests are more than welcome from both users and developers. Please post a review or send an email to developer.
More from developer
Multiple difficulty levels to suit all players.
A variety of sets and board designs so you can have the board look the way you like it.
Flexible and intuitive interface - use either "drag and drop" or "tap then place" to move pieces.
Review your game at anytime and export in PGN format.
Rival Chess has been developed by the creators of the RedHotPawn.com, one of the most popular chess sites on the web.
* Major revision 1.1.3 now available*
An account on RedHotPawn.com is required to play.
*** This software is in BETA and is currently incomplete - please rate accordingly. ***
Sign up here : http://www.redhotpawn.com
Log in with your normal account details.
Note : Currently only your *inbox* games are available.
It is important that you update often - this software will be updated frequently until out of beta.
For support, please use the RedHotPawn.com help forum or site feedback.
* Please seek support before giving app a low rating *