Our Year 7,8 and 9 students have been supplied with Samsung Galaxy Tabs for use in lessons. Our teachers can ask the students to open the Traffic Lights app and select Red, Amber or Green.
It has the added benefit for classroom management in that while the app is meant to be running, students cannot use their tablet for other purposes.
REQUIRES: Adobe AIR
Cramlington Learning Village is a Comprehensive School in the North East of England. We have been graded 'outstanding' in the last three OFSTED inspections.
We have a commitment to personalising learning which means putting the learner and learning at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in learning more about Cramlington, why not join us for our annual conference, Friday 29th June, 2012.
∙ Ensure students are focused on the task at hand by locking student devices to remove unwanted distractions. ¹ ²
∙ Enrich student learning with real-time one-on-one and group messaging. ²
∙Survey students with questions sent from the teacher desktop to student devices. Instantly track responses and scores in real-time and broadcast class results out to each student. ¹ ²
∙ Enhance comprehension with real-time viewing and zooming of the teacher’s desktop from the student device. ¹ ²
∙ Expand the functionality of your HP Classroom Manager installation with a solution that offers seamless compatibility and interaction with Windows and Android devices. ³
* HP Classroom Manager application 11.31 or later required
* Tested on Android 4.0 and later
1. HP Classroom Manager for Windows required to enable Android functionality (download for free for 30 days at http://www.hp.com/go/hpclassroommanager). Control and device locking originate from the teacher’s Windows desktop console; no locking and control functionality originates from HP Classroom Manager for Android.
2. Internet access required and sold separately.
3. See product Data Sheet for exact compatibility configurations.
The Classroom Organizer app is an affordable alternative to purchasing a typical USB scanner. With the Classroom Organizer app educators can simply walk around their classroom and scan each book via their Android device.
We've also included the ability to assign locations to books as they are added to a Classroom Organizer account. Simply create locations and choose a location before adding a book to your library. The selected location is maintained until a new selection is made. This allows for quick scanning of multiple books in a single location.
Check your progress as books are scanned by using the "Manage Classroom" function of the app. View the title, cover image (if available) as well as quantity of a title that has been added. Quickly find items by sorting books by title or quantity.
Download the app on your device and head to our website for a free demo of the service!
To get started, watch our training videos:
* Make use of your current curriculum materials and, instead of printing 30 copies, distribute them digitally!
* Supplement your lessons with free interactive software and content obtained from the internet.
* Build a digital repository of materials to use in your classes or share with your colleagues. Collaborate with other teachers to improve your materials.
* Ensure that you have the attention of the students by pausing class at any time without forcing them to lose their place or unsaved work.
* Guide the focus of your class by making relevant apps and digital materials available or unavailable in real-time during class.
* Allow your students access only to the apps you deem appropriate. Disable text messaging and games to eliminate distractions.
* Leverage existing student and faculty Android devices to supplement your deployment.
* CognitivEdge supports any Android device, so you can choose from brand names or generic brands depending on your budget.
* Design your deployment around the form factors that are appropriate for the usage, not vendor requirements. Choose the screen size that works for you.
* Access and manage your devices from anywhere through the cloud-based administrator dashboard.
* Utilize device hardware to locate and retrieve missing or stolen hardware.
* Keep an eye on the health of the devices in your system by monitoring battery levels, installed apps, serial numbers, and more.
The WorkSpace Connect app on your tablet works in conjunction with WorkSpace software installed on your computer, giving you a remote desktop with access to your lessons, content, and tools. (The WorkSpace Connect app requires the complete version of WorkSpace software installed on your desktop computer, or the connection with eInstruction® equipment.)
• Create, assemble, and present interactive multimedia lessons.
• Incorporate and work with teaching and learning materials in multiple formats from many sources.
• Manage more than 40 annotation, teaching, and learning tools.
• Use WorkSpace Connect and any eInstruction® student device in the room engages students with multi-user functionality.
And the WorkSpace Connect app makes it easy to use your tablet to control WorkSpace recognition tools that are on your desktop. Now, you can convert handwritten text, numbers, shapes, and equations into printed content, making them more readable for students.
The WorkSpace Connect app requires the installation of:
• WorkSpace Windows v9.1 or above
• WorkSpace Mac v6.0 or above
• WorkSpace Linux v6.0 or above
Acer Classroom Manager with Tutor Assistant provides the teacher with the tools to get the most out of the ICT within the classroom.
This update to GoClass introduces new capabilities for both instructors and students.
Instructors are now able to use Android devices to conduct GoClass led lessons.
GoClass lesson plans are organized into three distinct sections\Show, Explain & Ask\allowing instructors to populate and organize images, documents, videos, URLs, teacher notes and assessments into a structured sequence of learning elements.
Instructors equipped with the GoClass App on their Android devices can share these elements with their class by broadcasting them to student devices or projecting. To enable cloud-based projection on Android devices, instructors need to log in to https://goclass.com/project/login.aspx using a laptop, which can be connected to a Projector. GoClass treats the projector and the student device as two independent channels for sharing content and the teacher has complete control over what is rendered on each. Classroom management features alert instructors on student attention and engagement while in-class assessments provide immediate feedback on student performance.
This release also allows instructors to better manage lesson plans at the course level. As an instructor, you can create courses and organize your lesson plans while assigning learning outcomes to both and easily create course-specific student rosters. The platform also allows you to view reports on student performance in a Session by logging in to your account on the GoClass website.
This app enables students with existing GoClass accounts to join a live GoClass session from an Android device. With GoClass for Android, students can view and interact with images or documents broadcasted by the Instructor, respond to questions and polls and bookmark course content for after class viewing. Students can manage their profile and view their performance in a session by logging in to www.goclass.com
With the latest version of GoClass, student will be able to view all content shared by their instructor after class.
If you don’t already have a GoClass Student account, contact your instructor for access to the GoClass platform.
Requirements: Android OS 3.0 and above
Best viewed on following devices:
- Nexus 10 inch
- Nexus 7 inch
- Nexus 4 inch (For Students)
Our mLearning Platform or the Portable Classroom offers various features like Lecture Videos, Slides, Assessments, Discussion Forums, Message Center etc to enable "Any time , Anywhere learning".
Available in 16 languages and with the best wrist-protection in this category of apps, Slate2Learn is a feature-rich app that enhances your learning experience. Besides taking notes, you can record lectures and embed contextual audio, video and images. Bring alive a classroom lecture on your Android Phones and Tablets and share it among your peers!
*WRITE, DRAW, TYPE
Meet your note-taking needs with our collection of 2 Pens and 17 colors.
Input text using your keyboard.
*SHOOT, RECORD, EMBED
Add photos to your Slate by shooting pictures instantly or from your Gallery.
Add an Audio Recording or embed an Audio File stored on your Android Device.
Add a Video recording, embed a video stored in your Gallery and fetch videos from the Web.
*EMBED A WEB LINK
Embed a related Web link within a Slate.
Slates are organized into SlateBooks, akin to pages in a notebook.
Change the theme of the SlateBook to suit your mood and style.
Slates can be sent as a .jpeg to Mail, DropBox, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Slates can be sent as a .pdf to Mail, DropBox ancd Evernote.
The most innovative and effective wrist protection available in note taking apps.
*LOCK YOUR SLATE
Protect your work within a Slate against unintended changes by locking it and making it read-only.
*AVAILABLE IN 16 LANGUAGES
English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Note: For optimal performance, use a device with a minimum of 512MB RAM.
************* Very Helpful App for Teachers ***************
*************** If you find this App helpful Please Rate the App ************
It is an easy, intuitive and with a variety of options.
Available in 11 languages!
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Catalan, Galician and Basque.
- Sheets classmates and teachers with information, photographs, contacts and tasks classified on the agenda.
- Management class schedules and exams.
- Management and control of notes for each subject.
- Work Calendar.
- Export and import of databases.
More from developer
Net Control 2 Student Module for Android is a mobile version of Net Control 2 Client that provides many features of the desktop version of the program.
With this mobile client students can:
- get a lesson information from a connected teacher module;
- "raise hand" virtually;
- participate in quizzes;
- send help requests to a teacher;
- receive messages and notifications from a teacher;
- chat with a teacher (by teacher's request);
- participate in polls;
- see the class whiteboard;
- get image of a teacher computer desktop, when the teacher is broadcasting his/her desktop to students;
- connect a selected teacher module by an IP address or a DNS name.
Net Control 2 Student Module can work only over Wi-Fi connection and requires a teacher module of Net Control 2 Standard Edition, installed on some desktop computer in the network.
This mobile client is provided for free, but requires a respective student license on a teacher computer.