- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
I initially made Screen Balance for personal use - I am extremely pleased with the result and I am sure you will like it too.
★ Due to popular demand, I have added RGB adjuster to allow you to create your own color filters.
★ Again due to popular demand, I have added option of adjusting the screen contrast ... This vastly improves the readability of your screen at night. It also allows correction of harsh or over vibrant screen colors.
✓ First Android App to allow adjustment of the screens white balance - this will allow you to define how warm/cool the screen appears and can be useful to correct odd tints that can be found on many screens.
✓ Reduce brightness levels to below what Android normally allows - prevents night time strain, especially on AMOLED screens.
✓ Apply color tint to the screen - this is used to apply a colour filter, e.g. a red tint such that you can use it in really dark environments, e.g. star gazing or simply reading at night.
✓ Safety feature to auto reset brightness if set too low by accident.
✓ Dark and Light themes - allows you to accurately test white balance and prevent eye strain at night and to test your colour balance.
✓ Independently adjust brightness and tint as per your requirements.
✓ Due to popular demand, I have ensured that Pro version allows you the option of hiding the App from appearing on the Android task list.
✓ Apply settings automatically on device boot.
✓ Inherently low resource use with no noticeable impact on performance and battery.
This app is ad-free.
This app can create multiple filters, and quickly switch between them by using shortcut icons.
Red, blue, green, and gray filters are included in this app, so you can use them easily.
Of course, colors and opacity are customizable.
This app keeps CPU usage low when the filters are activated.
The filters may be disabled sometimes by Android design.
This app recovers the filters in seconds.
Does your phone look too bright or too dull ?
Seeing non-uniform pixel distributions on the screen ?
Then Display Calibration is the app for you.
Display calibration analyzes your device's display , and calibrates the blacks(shades) and whites(tints) to give you a cleaner and smoother display.
-> Easy to use. You are just one click way from calibrating your display.
-> Step-wise , transparent calibration. You know exactly what is being done at each stage.
-> Optimized for faster calibration. Guaranteed to finish within 13 s.
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro features!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Known issues :
- When Screen Dimmer is on, you can't install apps manually or allow root access with SuperSu, please disable Screen Dimmer when doing so.
- Disabling key's backlights doesn't work on most Samsung devices.
• Tasker support:
-= Free features =-
◆ Dead pixel test: detect "dead pixels" by displaying a series of solid background color pages
◆ Color tests: contrast, gradient (banding) and saturation tests
◆ Gamma calibration tests (grey/red/green/blue)
◆ Viewing angle tests (This is useless for OLED displays)
◆ Multi-touch test
◆ Display performance tests
◆ Repair burn in - scrolling black & white bars
◆ Display measures info: screen size, GPU type, dpi, density-independent pixel size, OpenGL 1.x info, pixel format
◆ Real world pictures for reference and comparison
◆ 4-color gradient test with orientation change correction (Android 2.2 and higher)
-= Pro features =-
◆ No splash screen
◆ Full Google Cast support
◆ Repair burn in - noise (white, b&w, red, green, blue) => Only Android 2.2 and higher!
◆ Pixel format & dithering tests
◆ Built-in font styles test
◆ Manually DPI measurement
◆ Color charts
◆ Touch screen dead spot tester
◆ System Fonts tester
◆ DIP / PX calculator
-= Soft key hiding in ICS/Honeycomb/JellyBean =-
Use the preferences menu option for this or simply long touch the display during a test is running.
-= Gestures =-
◆ Slide left-right: change test image
◆ Slide up-down: change brightness
◆ Long touch: switch between full screen and normal screen (Android 3.0 and higher)
◆ Double tap: hide or show the test specific settings dialogue (if available)
When the soft keys are hidden it is not easy to advance to the next screen: First tap to make the buttons appear, then a quick swipe for the next screen before the buttons are hidden again.
Please consider purchasing the Pro version to support further development.
If you are having a problem or you have a suggestion about a missing feature, the ONLY way it will get done is if you email me! :)
You can darken up the display when you feel it too bright. It is more efficient when you use the adjustment function of screen brightness.
You can decrease the contrast of the display to avoid peeping in public space, such as train.
Custom Color Filter
You can change the color tone of the display.
This feature is convenient to show some contents to children or other people. After 5 seconds, the device will neglect the operations of touch screen, back button, home button, multi-task button and menu-button. Please press the power button to unlock.
The pattern like broken display is shown on the screen. The pattern will be shown over other apps or lock screen.
The grid pattern is shown on the screen. There are 3 types of grid, 50px, 100px and 200px.
We are equipped with a filter function, you can dim the screen beyond the brightness of the display.
✓ Image filter function.
The effect of filter software, you can dim the screen beyond the minimum luminance of the display. Please use it if you feel bright and a display by the scene, for example, if you want to prevent prying eyes from the surroundings. With just a touch of a seek bar, which is also features that you can adjust the intensity of image effects filters and seamlessly adjust the brightness of the standard.
Due to limitations in the state of security in terms of Android OS, image filter is applied should be noted that you can not install app "unknown sources" that you downloaded from non-Google Play Store. After turning off the feature image filter once, please try the installation.
✓ Registration icon to the notification area.
You can register the app launch icon in the notification area. If you want to register, please select the [Menu] - [Notifications].
While applying image filters, is also intended to prevent the cancellation filter with Android OS, we recommend that you set should be noted that this function is turned on.
✓ Automatic brightness adjustment.
A device that supports a standard "switch enable/disable" In automatic adjustment brightness of illumination sensor, can be performed on this application to check the brightness after the change and setting on/off of automatic adjustment.
(With respect to the model that can not be disabled, switched on/off but this can not be done from the app, such as Xperia(TM) acro HD, supports automatic adjustment)
✓ Off function key illumination.
In the device part of the Android 2.2 or later, the on/off key lighting is possible. If you feel dazzling lighting key, please try appear in the [Menu] - [Key backlights].
Device that has this capability is limited in some models, depending on the situation the device support may change does not appear.
(It has been confirmed that there is an effect on Xperia(TM) arc, Xperia(TM) acro)
✓ Changing the display color temperature.
If you feel that the color temperature of the display is low (that yellowish), [Menu] - [Color temperature]. By applying a transmission filter blue, growing effect as if the color temperature of the display can be obtained.
✓ Adjust using the motion sensor.
Darken the display, you can adjust the bright and tilt tilt to the left and to the right device. Brightness adjustment is possible without hides by hand by this display.
✓ View wallpaper background.
By the transmissive display the adjustment screen background wallpaper, are easy to grab the image after brightness adjustment. Do you want to change the text color by clicking on a string "Options" but you may see the characters difficult to read, if you are using, please use the change to a gray-scale image by touching the background wallpaper base white .
(Switching to a grayscale image, please use after activate the function at [Menu] - [Background change] in advance)
✓ Value display brightness.
So that the display brightness adjustment as a result, a number of API level that you want to set the system. It is easy to set the brightness of the next favorite for this purpose. It also automatically get the lower limit value different for each model.
By touching the numeric portion that is displayed, it is also possible to directly enter the numerical keypad again.
The picture which Ozturk made is used for the icon of this application.
Copyright (C) 2012 K.Shimokura All Rights Reserved.
Tested on a Google Nexus 4 with the OpenDive.
Supports all Android compatible HMDs with Gyroscope like:
Durovis Dive: www.durovis.com
Coogle Cardboard: http://g.co/cardboard
Samsung Gear VR: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/03/samsung-gear-vr-oculus-ceo-brendan-iribe/
VReye GO: http://vrelia.com/vreyego/
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
You no longer need to buy expensive testing box devices that only work for specific models.
With various configuration settings, you'll be able to conduct an LCD screen test with SPEED, ACCURACY and SAFETY of your logic board and LCD screen.
**Version 1.0 Features**
* Various testing modes including Automatic, Swipe, Touch and Shake.
* Tired of seeing Miss High Resolution Chinese woman image on start of test?
- Change by selecting an alternate image file on your device.
* Power-Off LCD screen after individual LCD test to prevent electrical damage to logic board and LCD screen.
* Bulk testing mode for high volume testing needs.
* Configurable testing speeds.
* Pause test and resume with touch and volume buttons (in case LCD touch is broken)
* Full Screen Pixel Range Test
* Default Brightness, Screen Positioning and Sound on App load.
* Sensitivity settings for Swipe and Shake.
* Color choice selection
* Audible sound tones for testing complete and screen power on/off.
- Application does not store or require access to any "personal" information and is currently free of ads and free to download.
** Best used with Flex Extender to prolong the life of your logic board connectors.
This is my first application. I appreciate any bugs or feature request you might have to be posted through a positive review rating and comment. In doing so, I promise to ensure this application will be updated to fit your needs and remain free of cost and any ads.
Adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows.
You don't need brightness widgets any more.
Just install, setup and adjust brightness by touching screen.
Don't forget: long (more than 5 sec) click or double fingers click to indicator bar will turn system depended autobrightness.
Intent for Tasker (or another similar application):
Type - Broadcast receiver
Name - "rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness.SetBrightness"
Integer extra parameter "BrightnessLevel" means which brightness level (from 1 to 100%) to set
Free version shows Ads in the Settings, Pro version does not show.
It won't allow true screen calibration but will still help attenuating nasty color tints, since it works with transparent additive overlay RGB color fullscreen layers.
It needs no root permissions and it is localized for english and german.
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
The main features:
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
Donate Version - Ad Free