You can see result of filter by using 'Screen Test' which is included in this app, you can also use this feature to find dead pixels on your screen.
Furthermore, this app includes a funny feature "Filter Effect" which you can use 'Scanline Effect' to display Scan Lines on your screen to make it looks like CRT monitor.
Please read 'Term of Use' and 'Instruction' in this app carefully before using it.
***OLED screen owner please read***
(AMOLED screen of Samsung Galaxy S, Super AMOLED Plus screen of Samsung Galaxy S II, etc.)
- you should use only white, gray or black filter only.
- using color filter (not white, gray or black) for a long time may cause your screen more color tint. (it's about OLED screen property, not my fault)
- using any color filter other than black will cause black pixel being not 'true black' pixel anymore. (that means some power is required for black pixel)
- if the filter does not cover full screen, please uninstall this app because this may cause irregular color burn to your screen.
Please support us by rate/review this app if you like it. Thank you very much.
******** Known Issue *********
The filter disappear randomly.
- This is because Android system kills some services due to low memory condition. Sadly, This cannot be fixed. However, the system will start killed services again in a few seconds. So, you don't have to start service by yourself.
- fixed bugs
- removed vibration when filter on
- changed default color of new filter
- no update, just add link to my game :)
- added another link to my app :)
- added an option to AutoStart the filter service on boot
- added an option to make a notification icon to be removable
- added warning message
- fixed bugs
- fixed AutoStart for Android 4.0+
- add permission READ PHONE STATE
- removed permission READ PHONE STATE
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
You can darken up the display when you feel it too bright. It is more efficient when you use the adjustment function of screen brightness.
You can decrease the contrast of the display to avoid peeping in public space, such as train.
Custom Color Filter
You can change the color tone of the display.
This feature is convenient to show some contents to children or other people. After 5 seconds, the device will neglect the operations of touch screen, back button, home button, multi-task button and menu-button. Please press the power button to unlock.
The pattern like broken display is shown on the screen. The pattern will be shown over other apps or lock screen.
The grid pattern is shown on the screen. There are 3 types of grid, 50px, 100px and 200px.
Hide the systembar and use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is a light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notifications...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
The also available plus-Version supports an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
It's hard to believe but this app can solve these issues by liberating you from the usage of the power button.
It turns automatically your screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go.
HOW TO UNINSTALL?
Use the UNINSTALL button in the app.
HOW IT WORKS
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, below a certain angle, it's likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, it turns the screen off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table. To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it's really necessary. Moreover, when it turns your screen off and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
- Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket.
- Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table.
- Turn Screen Off by Proximity: activates the proximity sensor before turning the screen off.
- Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by any movements, for example by lifting up by hand. Usage of the power button can interferes with this option.
- Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on by relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If motions are detected while the screen is facing up, it keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something. If the phone is steady it will turn the screen off normally no matter the position you leave your device. It's especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or if the power button is broken.
- Tasker, Llama, Locale supported by plug-in.
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
- Wider range in Table Sensor
- Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
- Exclude Apps option: The app pauses itself anytime if selected app is running, it'll resume when you close the app. Useful when playing games etc.
- Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version, there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion and the Table sensor can be set more precisely. Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has an Exclude App list, a more advanced Delayed lock option and Widgets.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
On some devices (e.g. HTC One) the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it's the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: http://goo.gl/Y55zBZ
Q: I'm experiencing high battery usage, why?
A: The app should use about 6 percent extra energy per day if you are not using too much the Turn Screen On by Motion feature, for example keeping your phone face down when it's on a table. Moreover, the android en-built battery consumption measurement can show much higher results if it's based on a short period of time.
More FAQ : http://goo.gl/D4BgQ5
1. You can take a screenshot by touching the shot icon (only support on rooted phones and OS 2.3) or pressing power button and volume down button at the same time, or pressing power button and home button at the same time(on most Samsung phones).
2. You can specify the folders which the screenshots will be saved as images.
3. You can preview the screenshot and decide saving it or discarding it.
4. You can crop any part of the images to make a new one.
Note: If your phone's OS is under 4.0 and not rooted, this app will not be able to capture an image
snapshot screen capture
You can set a delay in second before capture (timer).
Files can be saved in Bmp, PNG or JPG format in the screenshots's directory. Crop picture, save them, share screenshot on facebook, twitter, dropbox...
Device capture, shootscreen, capture ecran, screen grabber
May require a rooted phone, but this application also works on some unrooted phones.
Working unrooted phones: LG Revolution vs910, Motorola triumph, Optimus V, LG Optimus M, LG Optimus S, LG-P500, GT-S5570L (Galaxy Mini) running Android 2.3.4, HTC Sensation, Motorola Atrix, Acer Z110....
** We are working on a picture edition module for screenshot - So thanks for your support and your ideas **
INTERNET_ACCESS is for AdMob.
Contrast is designed to allow everyone to perform measurements of contrast ratios in a simple way with a color code indicating success (> 70% contrast ratio) or failure.
Created to verify the implementation of the French 2005 Disability Act, the functions of history and sharing by mail provide a way to report on the state of establishments receiving public, in order to give clues on what can be improved, and thus to facilitate access to the visually impaired persons.
Celebrate more 100000+ downloads.
I add new features again.
Feel the pain in the neck when pressing the power button?
Each time you open the screen, you must be tired with pressing the power button?
You can try this software that allows the screen to
Turn screen on by g-sensor
Turn screen on by proximity sensor
Turn screen on by touching the proximity sensor twice on the devices
Pause function by notification/shortcut/widget
Battery save for this app
Logging for working status
Auto Pause at sleeping time.
Auto Stop/Start at discharging/charging..(It can not work with "Auto Pause at sleeping time".)
Enable/disable record log.
If you use protective sleeve or protective cover,
you can wake up screen automatically whenever you open the protective cover or take out from the protective sleeve.
This application uses sensors to wake up the device.
For g-sensor(Reliability 90%+): When the screen is off, pick up the device horizontally, then the screen would auto wake up.
For proximity sensor(Reliability 95%+): When the screen is off, approach the sensor, then the screen would auto wake up.
G-sensor may need to connect the USB or power or to open Screen Off Wakelock to work properly. Otherwise, on some devices, press the volume keys beforehand to make the device leave deep sleep, and then it will turn auto screen on by picking up the device.
Proximity sensor even in deep sleep is also easy to wake up the device, so it is recommended to use.
Using the history to observe the failure of Auto Screen’s behavior.
Widget can start/pause/enable app. And if the app is killed by out of memory, it would let the app be restarted faster than normal situation.
1.there is no guarantee that the application can be used in every device.
2.Some of Samsung devices may not use g-sensor feature because it doesn't let g-sensor on in the screen-off.
3.Android 4.2 may not work properly.
Thanks for Gareth Lewis correcting English translation.
Thanks for Kayoko Sawada helping Japanese translation and correcting English translation.
Thanks for Arsham Mergasemi correcting English translation.
Thanks for Андрей Кравцов helping Russian language
Thanks for J.J.Ponce helping Spanish language
Thanks for Ozan Çakar (XanthiN) helping Turkish language
Thanks for Dario Della Giovanna helping Italian language
Can help you directly by clicking on the phone screen to lock the screen.
Not need to click the phone lock screen button.
Why use this software?
Phone lock screen button is the most commonly used keys.
But often this key operation can be easily damaged.
Now, with the lock screen software, you can lock the screen by software, and no longer hurt your cell phone hardware.
This software is small and practical.
Suitable for all models.
If you have any questions, please send email to me. Thank you.
Use this screen filter at night, in low light, or just when you need to save power.
The screen filter is turned on when you tap it. It opens up all the settings in PREVIEW ONLY mode.
The brightness can be changed by moving the slider and the screen filter can be set by pressing the SET button.
It can be turned off by pressing the CLEAR button.
Screen filter settings can be accessed by accessing the application again or tapping the notification in the notification list.
This app is NOT widget! You can place the shortcut in anywhere as you can.
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must activate it before it works.**NOT NEED ROOT!**
* Lock device with one click
* Not a widget so it does not run as service in the background
* Auto killself after locking to save your Battery & Memory
* Tiny size (<30k)
How to uninstall :
This app uses device administration function in Android 2.2 or later, so you must deactivate it BEFORE uninstall.
Just do this: Go to 'Settings >> Location & security >> Select device administrators' -> uncheck this app -> uninstall.
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
More from developer
The main features:
- dimming the screen 15-100% (below minimum system brightness)
- screen color and a contrast adjustment
- system brightness 0-100% adjustment
- functional widget (on/off, system brightness, settings)
- autorun option
Some phones have a color tint screen. This app have a possibility to try to improve colors on this kind of the screen by setting an additional factor RGB.*
The range of the dimmer is from 15% to 100% (it allows to dim the screen below a min system brightness value). Make a relief for your eyes during a nightly reading.
Furthermore, you can change fast the system brightness too.
The additional contrast factor can try to make the reading or a picture viewing more comfortable on some screens.*
The widget provides fast on/off service with a shortcuts to the Adjuster settings and the system brightness settings.
The application has the autorun option which works with the dimmer set above 22% (for the safety).
A gamma adjustment is not possible to do.
*The colors and the contrast are done the best as can be, there is no possibility to access to the screen programmatically.
Even so, the app can be useful for some devices and very helpful in the reading or making images more natural on the overcolored screens.
Donate Version - Ad Free