Did you know up to 90% of strokes are preventable if the risk factors are managed appropriately? The Stroke Riskometer Pro consists of a unique and easy to use tool for assessing your individual stroke related risk, and provides internationally recognised stroke guidelines on managing the risk factors to help you reduce your five to ten year stroke risk.
•Calculate your 5 and 10 year stroke risk based on the most up-to-date identified major risk factors used by many doctors.
•Recommendations on stroke and heart attack prevention based on your personal stroke risk profile.
•You can change the details you enter in the Stroke Riskometer calculator to see what impact changes to risk factors can have your stroke risk.
•Email your results to others.
•Save and track your results.
•Contains experts’ advice videos on:
oWhat is a stroke?
oWhat are the causes of a stroke?
oDiet and nutrition
•Share your experience with family and friends on Facebook.
•Built for Android 4.0 and above. We have tested the functionality of the Stroke Riskometer on as many Android phones and tablets as possible. However, the app may not be compatible with all Android tablets and phones. We recommend you test the free version of Stroke Riskometer before purchasing Stroke Riskometer Pro.
“The Stroke Riskometer Pro should be of interest to all adults, particularly those with a personal or family history of stroke or heart disease, who want to know their stroke risk and how to reduce it. The app also gives users greater control over the management of their health and will help reduce the risk of this devastating condition.” Alan Barber, Neurological Foundation of NZ Professor of Clinical Neurology and Director, Auckland City Hospital Stroke Service
By understanding the general principles of stroke rehabilitation, people who are working with or caring for stroke survivors will be more confident in providing the best care to them.
Please look out for the app updates for more info on stroke rehabilitation.
• Stroke Assessment: Use this interactive tool when you suspect that someone is having a stroke. In an easy to understand way, this tool helps you recognize the stroke symptoms.
• Stroke Education: Test your knowledge about stroke with the Fact or Fiction feature. The Question & Answer section will help educate you on how to understand and prevent strokes.
• Lifestyle Survey: Track your lifestyle and how it impacts your stroke risk. Take this lifestyle survey every 30 days to help assess your risk for stroke.
• News & Events: Learn about stroke news and community initiatives.
• Stride4Stroke: Strikde4Stroke is a 5K walk/run hosted by The Methodist Hospital System in Houston, Texas to raise awareness and support for stroke education. Connect to the Stride4Stroke website from your mobile device.
• Contact: Find your nearest Methodist Hospital in the Greater Houston area to get stroke care.
School Rush platform allows schools to publish personalized calendar of events to parents, send classroom pictures and activities to parents instantly, publish staff and student directories, and create notifications.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up your school.