Note: For the app to work, you must install the Juice channel on your Roku by going here: https://owner.roku.com/add/juice. Also note that if you have a router with two channels (regular and guest), your Roku and your Android device must be connected to the same channel.
Juice for Roku lets you to stream media directly from your Android device to your Roku player: No need for a separate server!
Does NOT support YouTube and flash based videos, and does not support Google Music. Also note that videos in any format other than MP4 are unlikely to play. See here: http://support.roku.com/entries/423946-what-media-file-types-does-the-roku-usb-media-player-channel-support. ALSO - the Roku doesn't support videos taken in portrait mode.
- Send photos, music, videos from your Android device
- Send media from the internet to the Roku using the Share functionality or audio and video podcasts (feeds)
- Send individual photos or send a complete slide show
- Send individual songs or whole albums to the Roku. Songs can be shuffled.
- Background Juice service will continue to serve files to the Roku while you use other Android apps
- Use the “Share” menu from the gallery, browser and other supported apps to send media to the Roku without having to launch the Juice app
- NEW - SHOWBOX SUPPORT. Send downloaded ShowBox videos to your Roku by going to the Videos tab and selecting the "show_box" folder. Does not work with streamed Showbox videos.
- No need for a home media server
- No need for cables
- No need to upload your files to a web server
- Fully functional remote control included with the same functionality as the Roku Remote app (sold separately)
One of the best things about this app is it's ability to work with other apps. For example, long press a link to a photo, song or video in the browser and share it to the Juice app to start it playing on the Roku. Or long press an episode in your Podcast app and share it to Juice to hear it through your Roku connected system. With the share feature, you can stream almost anything on the internet to the Roku, in addition to streaming what is already on your Android device.
- You must add the Juice channel to your Roku (https://owner.roku.com/add/juice)
- Android device and Roku player must be on the same network
- Plugging your Android device into your computer may prevent the app from accessing the SD card. In general, don't have plug your Android device into the computer when using the app. Charging is OK.
- Not all video formats are supported by the Roku. See the supported formats here: http://support.roku.com/entries/423946-what-media-file-types-does-the-roku-usb-media-player-channel-support
- Some MP4s created on Android devices may not work since Roku doesn't support all codecs. It depends on the Android device. Also, the Roku doesn't support videos taken in portrait mode.
- If you notice lag or unresponsiveness, power off your android device and/or the Roku and try again. This resolves nearly all connectivity issues. You should only have to do this infrequently.
- Visit http://www.jigawattlabs.com/juicehelp
-Auto-scan of all wired Roku devices, manual scan for wireless devices
-Navigate directly to any channel using Channel button (New)
-Supports multiple Roku players
-New Back, Info & Replay buttons
-Landscape & portrait
-Fast text entry
-Home screen widget
-Multiple Skins (New: custom skins)
To use your own custom image as a background skin, copy any image into the RokuRemote folder in your SD card. The image name must be one of the following: Custom1.jpg, Custom2.jpg or Custom3.jpg. You can then select Custom1, Custom2 or Custom3 for your skin in Device Preferences. If you select a custom image from the preferences screen that doesn’t exist, the default skin will be used. The bundled images are 320 by 480 pixels, but any image should work and scale to fit the screen.
*** Troubleshooting ***
If you see lag between the app and the Roku, please restart your phone/tablet and the Roku. This will resolve 95% of issues. Should only need to do this every once in a while.
PLEASE - if you have connectivity problems, visit the troubleshooting section of this page:
You can even try the connectivity test before you buy.
NOTE: NOT designed to work with Roku SoundBridge, only the Roku Player.
Requires WIFI access, see help menu for details. Please email me with any connectivity issues.
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE RATING. I can't respond to reviews or comments, so if you contact me I can help you out and I know what to change in the next version. Your feedback really does help!
This app uses free icons from androidicons.com.
● Find and connect to your player in less than 10 seconds without having to manually enter its address - even works with players connected over wifi!
● Roku ECP - way more reliable than the old Telnet protocol some other remote apps use
● Full 12-button control including Back and Instant Replay
● List and launch channels directly from your phone
● Automatically jump to search screens using your phone's search button
● Enter text on your phone and send it to the player - never use the on-screen letter picker again!
● Search and enter text features don't always work with Hulu. This is unfortunately their fault and I can't do anything to work around it.
● Some Honeycomb devices are unable to use this app.
Roku Inc. does not endorse (or have anything else to do with) this app.
For Roku streaming video players only. Not intended for SoundBridge devices.
Roku SoundBridge and Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic.
It works even with basic SoundBridge players without graphical display.
Instead of imitating the original infrared remote control the app has a more sophisticated approach: It utilizes the whole screen and the keyboard of the phone to let the user easily browse and search his music collection and the Radio Roku internet radio directory.
* Scan network for SoundBridge devices.
* Connect to different music servers including UPnP, DAAP, and Internet radio.
* Browse playlists, artists, composers, albums, songs, genres, and folders at music server.
* Browse favorites, genres, locations, and top stations from Radio Roku.
* Edit favorites from Radio Roku.
* Play and edit stations of your presets list.
* Search music server for title, artist, or album.
* Display status and current song info.
* Show cover art (Depends on music server, radio station and song info).
* Copy current song title and URL to clipboard.
* Control power, play, pause, next, previous and volume buttons.
* Manage the song queue: Display, set, insert, append and remove songs. Set Repeat and Shuffle mode.
* Sleep timer.
* Scrobble with last.fm (Works with UPnP and DAAP servers but not with Internet radio. Requires a last.fm account).
* Search the Web for the now playing song (long press on song info!).
* Easy switching between multiple players.
* Pause during phone calls.
Explanation of permissions:
* Network communication: The app uses the network to communicate with the SoundBridge. If you enable to display cover art or scrobble with last.fm then the app may contact various internet sites.
* System Tools - prevent phone from sleeping: If you enable the settings Keep Wi-Fi on or Scrobble then this permission is required to prevent the phone from shutting down Wi-Fi during sleep.
* Phone calls - read phone state and identity: If you enable the setting Pause during phone call then the app needs this permission to listen for changes in the phone state, like incoming calls or off-hook. The app never uses the identity of the caller, but there is no separate permission in the Android system to distinguish between phone state and caller identity.
- Control Screen Color and Brightness
- Toggle the Camera LED
- Save your settings
- Phone will not go to Sleep while in use
Compatible with most devices!
HTC Droid Incredible
Samsung Infuse 4G
flashlight, torch, led flash light, lamp, lantern, screen, free, droid, samsung, htc, brightness, bright, led, easy, easy light, brightest flashlight, infuse, incredible