This application will help you to save money on gas. You can use this application while driving and it will display your car's live MPG (Miles per Gallon) on your phone!
You can also view your trip's average MPG. Find out which road is better for your wallet. You will become an expert on gas consumption.
How does this work ?
The application asks you to enter the current car you are using. Then it downloads the data of other persons that are using the same car as you and determines the live MPG depending on your speed, acceleration, decceleration etc...
The application supports 99% of cars in the US between 1984 and 2012.
Please note that the application cannot take into account certains parameters, like if you are using AC or not.
In the next updates we will probably be adding some extra calculations like if there is a strong wind in the opposite direction of your car.
The application downloads the data when you are adding the car, no Internet is required while driving.
The application uses your phone's GPS to determine the speed of your car. No data is send to our servers, we take your privacy very seriously.
Other mileage tracking calculators require you to add entries every time you fill up and if you forget, it is difficult to catch up. Gas Mileage is different, just remember to reset your trip odometer every time you fill up your tank and then add entries when you remember.
*** Features ***
- Enter and display values in any common unit
- List of fill-ups are color coded based on the mileage
- Supports as many vehicles as you like
- Icons for each of your vehicles
- Shows your best mileage, average mileage, worst mileage and the last mileage you entered
- Easily edit, delete or update any of your fill-ups
- Add notes to fill-ups and view them later
To start using the application,
1 - Fill-up your car and reset your trip odometer. Do not enter a reading.
2 - Next time you fill-up your car, enter the amount of fuel you added and the distance you have driven, then reset your trip odometer.
3 - To enter a fill-up in the application, select your vehicle from the dropdown and press to add button in the upper right.
If you ever forget to reset your trip odometer when you fill up, just do it next time.
If you have multiple vehicles, manage them using the menu and select the current vehicle in the dropdown. Icons make it easy to distinguish between vehicles.
To edit or delete any previous fill-ups, long press on them to bring up a menu. Fill-ups with notes will have a note icon. Just tap the note icon to view the note.
*** Permissions ***
The app uses Flurry Analytics (http://www.flurry.com) to track anonymous usage statistics and error reports. This requires a network connection to send the data and access to your coarse location to track which countries the app is being used in. It does not track or send any personal data.
*Unique baseline period LEARNS how you drive to give you personalized feedback.
*Real-time Mile-Per-Gallon Feedback with NO SPECIAL HARDWARE - just your phone!
*Entering your vehicle make and model gives you precise feedback about YOUR efficiency.
*SAVE up to 20% by optimizing your driving style
To use SmartDrive, just launch it when you drive. Keep the phone in a secure mount in the car where the screen is visible to you.
On first use, the app records some of your driving in a 50 mile baseline. It will then automatically switch over to showing you real-time feedback on Fuel Economy and other metrics. Drive safe, drive smart!
Track your gas / fuel mileage and maintenance. Review your gas mileage history in chart or graph form and receive notifications when your vehicles are due for oil changes. The graph shows you two standard deviations for your MPG history, which will help you to detect issues with your vehicle easier and faster. Since you know how you drive and you can see your most recent fill up compared to your historical fill ups, you have all the tools you'll need to make mileage tracking useful. MPG Tracker will also alert you when something appears abnormal.
Please Note: This app uses your Google Play email address to create an account to store your data on the server. This is useful if you change devices or have to reset your device. You can also review your data on any computer at http://mpg.3dx2.com
Track Multiple Vehicles
Mileage Tracking (Fuel Calculator)
Oil Change Notifications
Maintenance Tracking - Add any service including location and cost (new and historical).
Graph Your Fuel History
Review Price Per Gallon
Enter a Fill Up using your Current Odometer instead of Tripometer
Historical Data Input
Built in Help Dialog
Ad Supported (non-intrusive) - Remove them for $1.49
Looking for a simple and compact app to your vehicles, refueling and your consumption to organize?
Then Mileage is just right for you.
In the tab Vehicles, you can manage your vehicles and note its consumption in the overview.
In the tab Refueling, you see your last refuelings and costs.
Please note that the consumption can be determined only with a full tank filling.
Well wonder no more! With the www.fuel-economy.co.uk app you can work out all of these petrol calculations easily right on your device.
- Work out how much journey will cost you in fuel.
- Work out how many litres of fuel you'll need for a journey.
- Work out what your effective MPG is.
All the calculations are compatible with petrol/gasoline, diesel or even hybrid cars, vans and trucks!
This app is free and is ad-supported; it requests the internet access permission to display advertisements.
There are features to save the calculated values with the date. You can also check the saved mileage values on a simple line graph. This app also displays the last values checked when it's run the next time.
There is an option to save the file as a tab delimited file with xls name format.
This app creates a folder called Mileage and saves a text file named mileStat.txt in it.
Added configuration screen to add Units of local Fuel, Distance, Currency and Mileage units. This creates another small file mileconf.txt to the app folder.
Added option to save data as xls file. Please note that this is not a real Excel file but a tab delimited text. Can open with Excel in Windows.
Changed buttons to reflect press action. Changed some button looks.
Graph now shows the Average mileage and Target mileage lines
Coming in the next update is the date format for your location. Apologies folks, i should have done this from the start.
Some folks still have a problem with the new version. I'm sorry i was not able to replicate the problem at my side. Please email me at email@example.com regarding your queries. Added an option to backup the mileStat.txt file (in Ver 1.22) before the new version splits it.
Fixed a critical bug where the last mileage record was ignored. I'm very sorry for the one user who loaded this.
The app will save a backup of the older stat file before creating separate new stat and conf files. There was a problem with new installs. Fixed in this version.
Totally FREE! No adverts. No in-app purchases. No feature restrictions.
• Unique battery saving mode so you can drive, ride, run or walk all day.
• Shows time, distance and cost & many more facts about your journey.
• Popular with professional drivers, cyclists, bikers, walkers, runners, sailors, hand-gliders, pilots...
• Choose your own mileage rate, or simply set it to zero to turn this feature off.
• Measure in miles, kilometres or meters.
• Simple card based layout with daytime and night-time themes.
• Suitable for business, sport and leisure use.
Trip Computer's unique battery-saving feature means it's the only tracking app that you can use all day long. Trip Computer doesn't have to use your device's built in GPS to figure out your location, it can use the cellphone network to triangulate your position instead.
Trip Computer's simple layout has themes for both daytime and night-time use. Distances can be measured in Miles, Kilometres or Meters and any change in your preferences will take immediate effect (so you can even switch mid journey if you like). Journey recording runs in the background so you can get on with other things. Your last trip is automatically stored and is reloaded whenever you restart the App.
Trip Computer uses your local currency when calculating the cost of a journey. A default mileage rate of 0.45 per mile has been pre-set, but you can change the rate to suit you.
Frameworks and Libraries.
Trip Computer is totally free and uses many popular open-source Android development frameworks and libraries under the hood including:-
• Google Play Services, Support v4, Appcompat v7, GSON and Guava by Google Inc.
• EventBus by Green Robot
• Floating Action Button by GetBase
• ShowcaseView by Amlcurran
• Mockito by Mockito.
Trip Computer request the following app permissions when you install from the play store. Trip Computer neither collects nor shares or stores any data that can be used to identify you as a user.
• LOCATION - required for location tracking purposes so that distances etc. can be calculated
• INTERNET - required for analytics reporting and location tracking and place-name information.
• ACTIVITY RECOGNITION - required for auto-start
• BOOT COMPLETED - required so the app restarts after a reboot.
• READ / WRITE STORAGE - required to persistently store your last journey.
It's also the perfect app for people who must keep track of their fuel expenses at work because you can include a picture of your receipt and export everything into an easy to use CSV file and image of all the receipts!
Have an idea or feature you'd like to see implemented? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
When should you do your fill-up to use this app:
In your fuel gauge, fix a mark for needle. When the needle reaches the mark then do your fill-up, it's okay even if you do partial fill-up. For example your mark is one bar before 'E', then every time do your fill-up when needle reaches to that bar.
This App keeps record of following items.
- Odometer reading
- Fill-up volume
- Fuel price
- Cost per fill-up
- Distance travelled since last fill-up
- Date of fill-up
- Days gap between fill-ups
- Simple user interface to enter fill-up detail
- Supports units: Gallon, Liter, Kilometer, Mile
- Graphs for all log items
- Export to Excel
Please feel free to give your feedback to improve the app
You can also send your feedback to email@example.com
Want to calculate the economy of your car?
Is your car performance healthy?
This app calculates the cost of the distance traveled by a car.
Provide the total cost of your journey.
Track the vehicle mileage
Calculate fuel economy (MPG, L/100km, or KM/L)
- Track fuel-ups, maintenance, modifications and repairs
- Add multiple trucks for free
- Manage your entire fleet from one app
- Sort your trucks by truck name, recent activity, and MPG
- Know your 30-60-90 day averages
- Know your cost per mile (CPM) for fuel
- Mark fuel-ups as partial and full
- Lose fuel-receipt? Mark your next fuel-up as Rest
- Add trip details like GVW, speed, outside temp, fuel type and notes
- Each fuel-up can enter location information for help reporting IFTA
- Canadian friendly with Liters, Kilometer, MPG UK, L/100km
MAINTENANCE / MODS / REPAIRS
- Link to your odometer reading for important efficiency reporting
- Add service details like total cost, location info and notes