Wallpaper Spotlight is a live wallpaper marketplace, through which you can purchase and download hundreds of different wallpapers. One free sample is included, and more free wallpapers are occasionally available for download.
WPS is different from other lives wallpapers because it uses realtime video decoding instead of sprites or locally rendered content. This means a different type of wallpaper is possible. While other wallpapers usually depict animated or computer generated imagery, WPS can provide both that and looping live-action video footage.
WPS supports all Android versions back to 2.3. However, realtime video decoding requires a lot of processing power and memory, and some older phones may experience lower framerates or video loading problems. Download the app and try the free wallpapers to gauge performance before purchasing paid wallpapers. If a purchased wallpaper does not work for any reason please contact us within 7 days and we will refund the purchase.
WPS requires 10MB for installation, plus another 5-15MB for each additional wallpaper you choose to download. You can choose to only download some of the wallpapers you've purchased to save space.
**EARN FREE WALLPAPERS**
If you want to purchase paid wallpapers but don't have the extra cash, refer some friends. For every five dollars they spend you receive one dollar credit on your account. No purchase is necessary to redeem your credits.
**EASY IN-APP PURCHASING**
Purchase paid wallpapers using Google's in-app purchasing, charged directly to your payment method on file. Purchased wallpapers remain tied to your email address for as long as WPS exists, regardless of how many phones or devices, or even Google accounts, you go through.
The WPS app will not collect any personal information. Use of the marketplace requires you to provide an email address and create a password. That email will never be shared with third parties. No tracking information will be recorded, stored, or shared other than a session login cookie. Your email address will only be used for notifications related to WPS.
- Animation pauses when hidden, so your phone will not lose battery life or performance while in other apps.
- This app will use between 10MB and 20MB of RAM
- This app will heavily tax you processor when visible
- This app will pause and use no processing time when not visible (any time you are using another app)
- Frame skips may occur if background processes demand a lot of processor time
- This app requires access to manage internal storage to create a cache for video decoding.
- This app requires internet access to allow purchase and download of wallpapers from the marketplace
- This app requires Google Billing Services to allow purchase of wallpapers from the marketplace
Setting a live wallpaper works differently from device to device, and on different versions of Android. In most cases you can set a live wallpaper the same way you set a static wallpaper. Try these methods, and if they don't work feel free to contact us:
1) Tap an open area of your desktop, look for an edit icon, and choose "Wallpaper" and then "Live Wallpaper" from the list that appears
2) Go into "Settings" - "Display" - "Wallpaper" - "Live Wallpaper"
3) Go into "Settings" - "Personalization" - "Wallpaper" - "Live Wallpaper