This tool gives you the ability to change your screen resolution, density (DPI) and overscan.
Why do I need to change my resolution?
# HDMI / TV-OUT / MIRACAST:
You want to adjust your screen resolution to fit your TV or External Monitor which is connected to your HDMI output to get rid off the black bars? With Resolution Changer, you can set your resolution to fit perfectly to the external monitor.
Additionally, with the HDMI Auto Resolution feature enabled, your device will detect your external HDMI Monitor and sets the screen resolution and density automatically to a chosen preset.
With overscan set, you can adjust your screen output padding to match excatly the External Monitor.
You are developing apps and you want to test your app on different devices? Just use a device preset or create your own one to simulate the screen resolution and density of every possible device.
Your device is too slow for the latest games? Just change the resolution to a lower one and enjoy your games with a higher framerate.
If the device has problems with a choosen resolution, the default one will be restored after some seconds. Some apps like the launcher or the keyboard might not always scale correctly with every resolution.
The application is still restricted to the technical conditions of the device. That means, you wont be able to choose a resolution your device is not capable of displaying.
NOTE: Sometimes SuperSU/Superuser forgets the app has root (even though it should remember). Just remove it from Recents menu and start it up again.
Resolution Changer is an app that lets you change the resolution of your device.
With the latest update you can now also change resolution whenever a second display is connected through HDMI! Experimental for now, but has been tested and working on some devices.
Ever connect your device to your TV or monitor and get black bars? Not able to get full resolution output to your TV? Well IN COMES Resolution Changer! With this app you can set your own resolution to fit your second display or monitor. It has both 16:10 AND 16:9 aspects!
This works independent of device! Tablet or phone; it doesn't matter.
Do you have an old device that won't play your newest games without significant lag? Again Resolution Changer can help you! Set your resolution lower to be able to play the LATEST and GREATEST games! With Resolution Changer, playing the latest FPS, racer, whathaveyou, will be no problem.
####### THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT AND 4.0+ #######
####### TouchWIZ launcher will behave oddly -- install an alternate launcher BEFORE trying this #######
####### Android versions LOWER than 4.2 may not fill the whole screen. #######
####### HTC devices without physical buttons may lose the use of its buttons (use on-screen nav keys instead) but will return when you reset the resolution back to normal. HTC One cannot install this app #######
HTC One has been excluded due to the digitizer being bigger. Touch-buttons get turned off even when reverting back to default resolution. Also reported on HTC Sensation, but the Sensation is left included because it returns to normal upon changing back to default
This is a useful application for developers and the curious alike. This app does nothing more at this point.
[keywords] "screen" "density" "resolution" "screen resolution" "screen density" "specs" "specifications"
Requires root on Android 4.3 and higher.
Virtual button requires root on all platforms.
- Gamers: Some games feel choppy? Decrease the resolution while you play to improve performance significantly.
- Developers: You can test your application UI for different devices by changing resolution and density to match your target devices. The application provides many templates for flagship devices to select from.
Two Android shell commands control screen resolution and density (dots per inch):
For Android 4.3 and higher, these two commands were moved from am to wm. Now they are:
This application nicely wraps these two commands so you can try different settings quickly and easily. It doesn't implement these functions, it merely uses them. So, if they don't behave well on your device then there is nothing we can do about it, please don't rate us down. We are just trying to make things easier.
- This application is not intended to change your device resolution and density once and for all. Use it only when needed then restore the default settings.
- When applying new settings, if things get messed up, don't do anything and the normal settings will be restored in a few seconds.
Some launchers don't feel the changes immediately and may show broken icons and other visual artifacts. Restarting the launcher manually should fix this. Some home screen icons may cover other icons due to lack of space. Try moving them around to reveal the covered ones. Some hardware vendors design their software to work with the devices' native resolutions and densities only. If you experience problems, consider installing different launchers and keyboards to fix the issues.
- If your device doesn't have hardware buttons and depends on on-screen controls, the controls may have problems on certain resolutions. They may appear in both portrait and landscape orientations or only one of them. Try increasing the size of the smaller dimension a bit and they should appear in both orientations. Otherwise, you can just enable the virtual buttons and ignore the entire problem.
- Choosing resolutions with the same aspect ratio of you device's original screen resolution maximizes the usable screen area.
- If you are using a mobile phone, the width should always be the smaller value of the resolution (width, height) pair. If you are using a tablet, the width should always be the larger value of the resolution (width, height) pair. This allows the resolutions you select to cover the largest screen area possible. You can still do the opposite, but then less screen area will be used to display your applications.
- The display resolution isn't the only factor affecting games' performance. Reducing resolution will significantly increase the frame rate up to certain limits, after which further reduction will not produce notable differences. For example, here are the results of nenamark 2 benchmark of a certain test device:
34.1 fps at 1280x800
41.2 fps at 1024x640
47.0 fps at 800x500
49.0 fps at 480x300 => the pixels count decreased dramatically from 800x500 (64% less pixels), but achieved very little performance gain for the huge quality loss. Experience with different resolutions until you find the best trade-off between quality and performance.
- All templates are based on information from gsmarena.com. Tell us if you to add a certain device to the list.
* Density of this application after changing some equipment may not be able to see properly. *
You can change the DPI of the application helps you more quickly and easily.
Enter a value in the input box to the desired DPI, then the Apply button or the Apply button to apply and reboot is complete!
In addition, when you click More button, the unit reverted to type after the change DPI mount features discomfort when you can return it back.
Change the resolution DPI resolution PPI Density LCD build
IF YOU NEED SUPPORT PLEASE EMAIL ME!!!
I try to respond to ratings, but it's a very slow and inconsistent process. Emails are immediate and I can push a fix for you right away. Lose your /system/build.prop? There's a backup in /data/data/com.oumugai.densityadjuster/, just copy it back from there.
Type in a new density, reboot to test it, and if you like the results, go back to the app and store it permanently. If you don't like the density, or something crashes, just reboot the device to restore your original settings.
I wanted a way to test different densities, but be able to reboot if the results were bad or broke my launcher and just have my old density back. This app does this, by simply restoring original build props during the boot sequence. It's not the most elegant solution, in fact, it's kind of gross, but it does mean you can change your screen's DPI while out on the town without ending up in a broken state (or having to bust out your laptop, USB cable, ADB and emacs you sad, sad person).
I don't like having to do extra work. You shouldn't have to either. Don't get stuck with a device with an unusable display.
You can write a review, and wait 24 hours or so for it to get to me, and then I can push a fix which will take hours to propagate. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and cut hours (or days) out of the equation. Either way, please report any issues you encounter. I typically can push a fix immediately.
Want new versions before they arrive here? Of course you do. Join the open beta on G+:
Want the source? No you don't. It's on GitHub, regardless of how you feel about it.
Things to do:
- Could (still) be prettier
- Notification if your current DPI doesn't match persisted
- Better su twiddling
- Disclaimers? Speaking of which...
THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. I WROTE THIS IN AN AFTERNOON. IT WORKS ON ALL MY DEVICES. IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, FILE A BUG. HOWEVER, I CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING. OK?
The "Root DPI Changer" lets you change DPI of your device. This allows you to gain extra space to work (in case of reducing DPI) or increase the size of the elements (in case of increasing DPI).
- Changing the DPI by modifying the build.prop file,
- Creating build.prop backup files,
- Checking current DPI on system boot,
- Automatic DPI restoring (Experimental)
Some device (etc LG G3) comming with extream 4k resolution that more drain the battery.
- This app can make the Resolution and DPI change to save battery.
- This app include power off and re-boot soft button to save your real power button.
---this app require phone rooted.... and require grant acces for super user---
--- The option "apple default before power off" and "Re-apply setting after power on" is require for G3 lolipop with have Logo boot loop when change resolution.----
this option will track the power off and on for re-set and set back the resolution.
Or you can manaul set to avoid the boot loop in LG G3 lollipop rom, please hit the "Default setting" to reset the resolution every time before reboot phone by this app, will never get boot loop any more.
and when phone restart back i go to this app to set resolution again to safe battery.
- Reacts to orientation changes;
- Displays the size of the screen width and height;
- Displays the most common screen resolution and aspect ratio;
- Displays information about the current screen resolution thereof, and his position.
Texdroid DPI allows to easily change DPI settings on rooted devices.
This can cause your device to get in bootloop.
Make a backup before using it.
In case of bootloop please replace /system/build.prop with /data/data/com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi/files/backup/build.prop using adb, or restore a rom backup.
This should solve your issue.
We provide 5 major functions for you:
1. Display Info Details
- Information of current device's Screen Resolution, Screen Density, screen info which contains scale, height, width, diagonal ... in 3 different unit (pixels, dp and inches) etc.
2. Device & Config Info Details
- Specification of current device, e.g. screen size, font size, Android platform, API level, model, product name ... etc.
3. Devices Info Database
- Provide most popular devices's screen information and specification.
4. PX DP Converter
- Convert between PX and DP unit and is calculating for all available display metrics: XXXHDPI, XXHDPI, XHDPI, HDPI, TVDPI, MDPI and LDPI.
5. PPI / DPI Calculator
- Calculate screen density and DPI (dots per inch) / PPI (pixel per inch) by using Screen Resolution and Diagonal.
This is a very useful development tools for developers !!! Screen rotation and Tablet are supported as well.
tag : screen resolution, screen specs
ROM Toolbox combines all the great root apps into one monster app with a beautiful and easy to use interface. ROM Toolbox has every tool you need to make your Android device fast and customized to your liking.
ROM Toolbox has been featured on LifeHacker, XDA-Developers, Droid-Life, Android Central, RootzWiki, Android Police, DroidForums and other popular sites. ROM Toolbox has one of the highest ratings in the top 100 paid apps. Over 12,000 people gave it a full 5 star review!
This app requires root permission. For fast and friendly support please email us at email@example.com. We will be glad to help answer your questions and troubleshoot with you.
ROM Toolbox combines apps like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, MetaMorph, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Scripter, SD Boost, BuildProp Editor, Font Installer, Boot Animations & many more apps into an all-in-one app!
★ ROM Management ★
☆ Install ROMs & themes. AOKP, CyanogenMod and other popular ROMs included.
☆ Create, manage & restore nandroid backups
☆ Wipe data, cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats
☆ Install multiple ROMs & ZIPs from your SD card
★App Manager ★
☆ Batch backup & restore apps and their data
☆ Schedule backups to run at a certain time
☆ Restore apps from nandroid backups
☆ Backup/Restore text messages, bookmarks, accounts, etc.
☆ Backup your apps to dropbox
☆ Freeze/Defrost system & user apps
☆ Backup/restore Android Market link
☆ Task manager
☆ Automated batch uninstaller
☆ E-mail your apps to friends
☆ Move any user app to the SD card
☆ Clean up dalvik-cache
☆ Zipalign, fix permissions, wipe data & cache, force close any app
★Root Explorer ★
☆ Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).
☆ Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
☆ Change file permissions and ownership
☆ View, edit & share files
☆ File manager with two panels for easier management
★ Scripter & Terminal Emulator ★
☆ Create and run scripts as root
☆ Set your scripts to run at-boot
★ Auto Start Manager ★
☆ Enable/disable apps that run on start-up
☆ Enable/disable any broadcast receiver, activity or service
★ Rebooter ★
☆ Reboot recovery, powerdown, bootloader, restart status bar, etc.
★ Font Installer ★
☆ Install custom fonts from a huge list or from your sdcard
☆ Set fonts as favorites & send them to friends
★ Boot Animation Installer ★
☆ Install custom boot animations from a huge collection or from your sdcard
☆ Preview boot animations
☆ Create a boot animation from a GIF file
☆ Have a new random boot animation each time you boot-up!
★ Theme Manager & Statusbar Icon Changer ★
☆ Create and install full themes (MetaMorph compatible)
☆ Customize your status bar by installing custom icons for wifi, signal, gps, etc.
☆ Change your battery icons in the status bar to a custom one from a list of 200+
★ Boot Logo Changer ★
☆ Change your boot logo for supported phones
★ Theme Chooser Themes ★
☆ View a list of themes for the TMobile Theme Chooser
★Set CPU ★
☆ SetCPU & scaling governor
☆ CPU Profiles
☆ Kernel tweaks to speed up performance
★ Build.prop Editor ★
☆ Easily edit your build.prop
☆ Change lcd density, improve battery life, increase performance
★ Auto Memory Manager ★
☆ Set minfree values & select from presets. Apply values at boot
★ SD Booster ★
☆ Increase the speed of your SD card
Contacts - Backup call log and sms
SMS - Backup call log and sms
Accounts - Backup and restore from Google Drive
Popup the text message (SMS) or the call you just missed. Flip though all your missed items using a finger swipe, Quick Reply to each message, hit back, and then finally dismiss!
You can see your contacts photo, their name, and the entire message. This text messaging and missed call notifier will allow you keep up with all your friends and never miss a message again!