NOTE: Sometimes SuperSU/Superuser forgets the app has root (even though it should remember). Just remove it from Recents menu and start it up again.
Resolution Changer is an app that lets you change the resolution of your device.
With the latest update you can now also change resolution whenever a second display is connected through HDMI! Experimental for now, but has been tested and working on some devices.
Ever connect your device to your TV or monitor and get black bars? Not able to get full resolution output to your TV? Well IN COMES Resolution Changer! With this app you can set your own resolution to fit your second display or monitor. It has both 16:10 AND 16:9 aspects!
This works independent of device! Tablet or phone; it doesn't matter.
Do you have an old device that won't play your newest games without significant lag? Again Resolution Changer can help you! Set your resolution lower to be able to play the LATEST and GREATEST games! With Resolution Changer, playing the latest FPS, racer, whathaveyou, will be no problem.
####### THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT AND 4.0+ #######
####### TouchWIZ launcher will behave oddly -- install an alternate launcher BEFORE trying this #######
####### Android versions LOWER than 4.2 may not fill the whole screen. #######
####### HTC devices without physical buttons may lose the use of its buttons (use on-screen nav keys instead) but will return when you reset the resolution back to normal. HTC One cannot install this app #######
HTC One has been excluded due to the digitizer being bigger. Touch-buttons get turned off even when reverting back to default resolution. Also reported on HTC Sensation, but the Sensation is left included because it returns to normal upon changing back to default
This tool gives you the ability to change your screen resolution, density (DPI) and overscan.
Why do I need to change my resolution?
# HDMI / TV-OUT / MIRACAST:
You want to adjust your screen resolution to fit your TV or External Monitor which is connected to your HDMI output to get rid off the black bars? With Resolution Changer, you can set your resolution to fit perfectly to the external monitor.
Additionally, with the HDMI Auto Resolution feature enabled, your device will detect your external HDMI Monitor and sets the screen resolution and density automatically to a chosen preset.
With overscan set, you can adjust your screen output padding to match excatly the External Monitor.
You are developing apps and you want to test your app on different devices? Just use a device preset or create your own one to simulate the screen resolution and density of every possible device.
Your device is too slow for the latest games? Just change the resolution to a lower one and enjoy your games with a higher framerate.
If the device has problems with a choosen resolution, the default one will be restored after some seconds. Some apps like the launcher or the keyboard might not always scale correctly with every resolution.
The application is still restricted to the technical conditions of the device. That means, you wont be able to choose a resolution your device is not capable of displaying.
This is a useful application for developers and the curious alike. This app does nothing more at this point.
[keywords] "screen" "density" "resolution" "screen resolution" "screen density" "specs" "specifications"
* Density of this application after changing some equipment may not be able to see properly. *
You can change the DPI of the application helps you more quickly and easily.
Enter a value in the input box to the desired DPI, then the Apply button or the Apply button to apply and reboot is complete!
In addition, when you click More button, the unit reverted to type after the change DPI mount features discomfort when you can return it back.
Change the resolution DPI resolution PPI Density LCD build
Virtual button requires root on all platforms.
- Gamers: Some games feel choppy? Decrease the resolution while you play to improve performance significantly.
- Developers: You can test your application UI for different devices by changing resolution and density to match your target devices. The application provides many templates for flagship devices to select from.
Two Android shell commands control screen resolution and density (dots per inch):
For Android 4.3 and higher, these two commands were moved from am to wm. Now they are:
This application nicely wraps these two commands so you can try different settings quickly and easily. It doesn't implement these functions, it merely uses them. So, if they don't behave well on your device then there is nothing we can do about it, please don't rate us down. We are just trying to make things easier.
- This application is not intended to change your device resolution and density once and for all. Use it only when needed then restore the default settings.
- When applying new settings, if things get messed up, don't do anything and the normal settings will be restored in a few seconds.
Some launchers don't feel the changes immediately and may show broken icons and other visual artifacts. Restarting the launcher manually should fix this. Some home screen icons may cover other icons due to lack of space. Try moving them around to reveal the covered ones. Some hardware vendors design their software to work with the devices' native resolutions and densities only. If you experience problems, consider installing different launchers and keyboards to fix the issues.
- If your device doesn't have hardware buttons and depends on on-screen controls, the controls may have problems on certain resolutions. They may appear in both portrait and landscape orientations or only one of them. Try increasing the size of the smaller dimension a bit and they should appear in both orientations. Otherwise, you can just enable the virtual buttons and ignore the entire problem.
- Choosing resolutions with the same aspect ratio of you device's original screen resolution maximizes the usable screen area.
- If you are using a mobile phone, the width should always be the smaller value of the resolution (width, height) pair. If you are using a tablet, the width should always be the larger value of the resolution (width, height) pair. This allows the resolutions you select to cover the largest screen area possible. You can still do the opposite, but then less screen area will be used to display your applications.
- The display resolution isn't the only factor affecting games' performance. Reducing resolution will significantly increase the frame rate up to certain limits, after which further reduction will not produce notable differences. For example, here are the results of nenamark 2 benchmark of a certain test device:
34.1 fps at 1280x800
41.2 fps at 1024x640
47.0 fps at 800x500
49.0 fps at 480x300 => the pixels count decreased dramatically from 800x500 (64% less pixels), but achieved very little performance gain for the huge quality loss. Experience with different resolutions until you find the best trade-off between quality and performance.
- All templates are based on information from gsmarena.com. Tell us if you to add a certain device to the list.
Want to know how good your camera has to be for the next generation of wallpapers?
This is your answer! With this app, you'll be able to calculate those features that manufacturers/reviewers leave out.
- Resolution for a given PPI
- Aspect ratio
- Screen dimensions
- Reacts to orientation changes;
- Displays the size of the screen width and height;
- Displays the most common screen resolution and aspect ratio;
- Displays information about the current screen resolution thereof, and his position.
Smaller number means larger resolution.
Please check http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8184409 before use.
Please send me e-mail if You have any problems.
It's a useful app for developers and the tech savvy.
Tags: screen, density, resolution, screen resolution, screen density ,specs , specifications .
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Press [MENU] to configure automation so the selected DNS settings will stick throughout connectivity changes.
Select to only automate on 3G or WIFI connections.
DNS list updates on startup, if internet connectivity is available.
Note that some Internet Service Providers restrict access to certain resources via DNS requests. If unable to access said resources, please try turning off automation and reconnecting to 3G first.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Internet access permission is required to download the latest list of DNS providers for quick selection via the dropdown list.
Hide the systembar and use your tablet in fullscreen-mode without losing systembars main functions: navigation options and notifications .
~ please note: This app requires root!
~ read below for issues and limitations !
This app is a light-weight replacement/companion for the default systembar on tablets.
It can disable the bottom systembar on most tablets running Android 3 or Android 4.
Now you can use the full screen for your own apps without wasting space for the bottom bar.
» Play games,
» Watch videos,
» Surf the web,
» Read your mails...
››› everything fullscreen and without losing the main functions of the systembar:
Go back, Go to Homescreen, switch between recently used apps, access notifications...
The provided replacement buttons can be configured in function, visibility, position and size. Following actions can be assigned to any button:
• Go back: Navigate back within apps.
• Go to homescreen: Shortcut to directly go to homescreen.
• Show recent apps: Quickly switch between recently used apps.
• Show notifications: Display a panel with notifications.
• Restore systembar: An action to quickly restore systembar.
• Open apps menu: Easy access even to menu of older apps.
• Pie-Menu: Opens a configurable pie-menu.
The also available plus-Version supports an automatic mode:
Just define the apps you want to use in fullscreen mode and full!screen+ takes care of the rest. It will automatically disable the bottom bar for those apps.
- Start your browser -> *poof* bottom bar is gone.
- Switch back to Home -> the bar reappears.
- Play Video -> always in fullscreen.
You don't have to care!
issues and limitations:
- in case you experience problems after reboot like notifications not working or not able to autostart:
Please upgrade/change your SuperUser-Manager and use it to upgrade/install latest su-binary!
- There are limitations with phone devices. You might lose ability to accept incoming calls or receive SMS in fullscreen mode. Please make sure to test this before using full!screen.
- On devices with split systembar (notifications on top and navigation on bottom) it is not possible to just hide navigationbar. This unfortunately is a system-limitation and no workaround possible.
Only each time you enter a value for the horizontal and vertical, you are OK.
There is no calculation button, results are displayed automatically.
I rounded off to one decimal place.
I will calculate the pixel mm, cm, inch, the point.
dpi setting is also possible.
Select the paper size(mm), automatic input is also possible.
Update version 1.7
More from developer
Popup the text message (SMS) or the call you just missed. Flip though all your missed items using a finger swipe, Quick Reply to each message, hit back, and then finally dismiss!
You can see your contacts photo, their name, and the entire message. This text messaging and missed call notifier will allow you keep up with all your friends and never miss a message again!