The Nimb free personal safety app lets you call out for help in an emergency. Your SOS alert with GPS location tracking will reach your pre-selected contacts like friends and family, first responders like 911, police or medical services* or nearby Nimb Community members. It also pairs with the Nimb Ring, a wearable smart ring with a panic button that provides discreet access to the app at the single touch of a button.
Think about the security of your family and yourself because they are the main ones in your life!
A companion app to the Nimb Ring, it syncs to your phone through Bluetooth® low energy technology. The app can also be used as a standalone solution with no additional hardware.
• Send emergency alerts to your pre-selected trusted persons, first responders* and nearby Nimb Community members;
• Flexible alert options. You decide in advance which groups to alert when in a stressful situation: one, two or all possible groups including 9-1-1*;
• Sending an alert to your trusted persons and Nimb Community members is free;
Receive emergency alerts from your loved ones, friends and Nimb Community;
• Nimb Community members are people who happen to be near you, have the Nimb app installed and are willing to help others;
• Use Nimb Community tags and filters to personalize incoming and outgoing alerts, i.e., two people with shared interests are more likely to help each other, should one of them call for help;
• Send an alert signal to local PSAPs (9-1-1) through monitoring stations. A 24/7 operator shall receive your alert signal and route it to 9-1-1 services*;
• Communicate with the rescue team using a built-in emergency chat;
• Emergency alerts include your GPS location and a detailed profile with your name, photo and other personal information;
• Real-time location tracking when the alert is active. The alert sender and responders are visible on a map. Once the alert is closed, the app no longer tracks location. Tracking starts only after you send an alert. Nimb cannot track others when the alert isn’t active;
• Add your frequent places to your profile, e.g., where you live, work or study. This information will remain private unless it becomes vital in an emergency.
How it works
When facing a stressful situation, just swipe the red button on the main screen upwards to alert your trusted persons, nearby Nimb Community members or first responders*. You can also choose in advance whom you wish to alert by default so that your appointed responders would receive your location and profile information.
Nimb ring features
Use the Nimb Ring to send an alert discreetly without the need to reach out to your smartphone. Nimb Ring is a smart wearable device with a panic button. It’s available in two colors: classic white and stealth black.
Nimb Ring key features:
— Fast & easy access to the button;
— Battery life of up to two weeks;
— Hypoallergenic materials;
— Vibration & LED feedback;
— Two-way vibration alerts for your friends & family;
— Phone loss prevention;
— Anti-false alarm design.
*Requires an active subscription. Currently available only in the US. All states are covered.
**Features require cellular coverage with an active data plan and a working internet connection.
For more information about the Nimb Ring, visit www.nimb.com or see the Help section in the app.