The NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. The Pocket Guide presents key information and data in abbreviated tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings (e.g., manganese compounds, tellurium compounds, inorganic tin compounds, etc.) that are found in the work environment. The industrial hygiene information found in the Pocket Guide should help users recognize and control occupational chemical hazards. The chemicals or substances contained in this revision include all substances for which the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has recommended exposure limits (RELs) and those with permissible exposure limits (PELs) as found in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) General Industry Air Contaminants Standard (29 CFR 1910.1000).
• 677 chemical entries and appendices.
• Links to IDLH, as well as NIOSH and OSHA Methods (requires a data connection).
• Search chemical by name and synonym, DOT number, CAS number, RTECS number.
• Preferences settings to select information to be displayed.
• Bookmark commonly used chemicals
• Chronological history of chemicals viewed
• Long press chemical entries to copy information being displayed to other apps